[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In you ropiniom who is the most respectable historian? for me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1485329977496.jpg (72KB, 650x474px) Image search: [Google]
1485329977496.jpg
72KB, 650x474px
In you ropiniom who is the most respectable historian?

for me its David Irving

charming, wicked smart and swole
>>
>>2306512

Luke.
>>
Why are /pol/yps unable to comprehend history?

Is it the STEM autism?
>>
Are there any respectable historians who have a centrist view on history? I'm looking to read on topics where historians weigh on both sides as equally as possible, but don't come to a conclusion on selecting one side over the other.
>>
>>2306779
Are you implying that centrism is a neutral position?
>>
>>2306791
Nope. Just want someone who doesn't pick sides at all.
>>
>>2306868
William Shirer is the closest I have come to an impartial historian. His original job was as a journalist so that his histories of nazi Germany and French third republic don't have a hellbent bias
>>
>>2307235

Not him, but are you high? The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich has as its central theory that Germans are culturally predisposed towards totalitarianism and slavish obedience to dictatorial strongmen.

He isn't a historian and he sure as hell isn't unbiased.
>>
>>2306514
fpbp
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (86KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
86KB, 960x640px
>>2307256
That is not its central theme you cuck and nonetheless it isn't exactly false.
>>
>>2306512
Edward Gibbon
>>
>>2307266

>That is not its central theme

Oh, then what was?

> and nonetheless it isn't exactly false.

To pretend that totalitarianism in the early 20th century was a uniquely German thing, when you had similar governments cropping up in the USSR, anywhere the Soviets installed client regimes, Italy, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Spain, and Portugal, is stupid beyond belief.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.