[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did the French come up with weird as fuck philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: derrida.jpg (50KB, 303x379px) Image search: [Google]
derrida.jpg
50KB, 303x379px
is it something to do with inherent french intellectual culture or something?
>>
>>2305781
>Derrida
>(((French)))
>>
>>2305794
well Lacan, Deleuze, Foucault

all these guys were kings of the Word Salad
>>
>>2305781
>>2305818
Well, you've answered your question. The French culture values words and, generally speaking, abstract thinking very much. Therefore, and, while rational and brave at its best, it mutates into nightmarish obscurantism at its worst.
>>
like in everything else, they are trolling

the more (you)s they get, the better
>>
>>2305781

French only work 4 days a week
>>
>>2305864
is it really abstract thinking

I'm not much of an analytical philosophy...but i tend to think most analytics have probably more profound ideas than these french guys, and don't have to hide it in obscurantism nonsense
>>
>>2305781

The French fetishize intellectuals, it lets them think of themselves as an intellectual people. Ironically this opens them up to being taken for a ride by sophists like Derrida.
>>
The problem with Derrida's obfuscation is that he delibertly uses it as a weapon

so that if one would critique his work, he can always you "you just never understood that"

actually Foucault was the one that brought that whole point up, i don't really think he was as bad as Derrida or Deleuze
>>
>>2305886
To me, both seem to be trying to pigeonhole the infinite complexity of reality into their schemes - the (supposedly) clear ones, in the case of analytical philosophy, the obscure and complicated ones, in the case of French philosophy. But then, again, maybe I'm just to dumb to understand either of them.
>>
>>2305922
i understand that some philosophical topics require advanced vocabulary that isn't commonplace

but i just feel like these French guys found more pleasure in writing philosophy than actually practicing philosophy, if you know wha ti mean
>>
>>2305933
Isn't it the case with almost every philosophical movement?
>>
>>2305794
>dumb goy angry at his inferiority
>>
>>2305955

Yes, which is why the sole exception (empiricism) has been such a runaway success while every other philosophy has bred nothing but mysticism and sophistry.
>>
>>2305879
5 dumbass
>>
File: index.jpg (4KB, 200x162px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 200x162px
>>2305781
This thread again...
Jelly the Frenchman got your girl?
>>
>>2306033
this
>>
>>2305922
I like this post, anon
>>
>>2305781
There's nothing weird about Derrida's work. The weirdness comes from the dumb fucking ideas the American English departments projected on Derrida, who was basically a blank slate for them as they could not understand a word he was saying.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.