[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alexander the "cheap imitation"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: alexander the great.jpg (249KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
alexander the great.jpg
249KB, 1200x1200px
in Watchmen, Alan Moore makes the point that Alexander the Great was just a "cheap imitation" of Pharoah Rameses II..

do you agree
>>
no he isn't
>>
Alan Moore

>historian

lol
>>
noppe
>>
Ramses spent his life screwing around in Syria and had to reconquer it every decade, half the time failing.

Alexander conquers asia minor, the Levant and Egypt in about 365 days.
>>
does anyone still take Alan Moore serious?
>>
>>2302439
In first place why'd Alexander would be comparable to Rameses II?
>>
>>2302586
WE
>>
Ramses spent a lifetime trying to conquer Syria. Alexander managed it in about three months, after already conquering Anatolia. Then he went ahead and took Egypt and Persia for good measure.
>>
>>2302588
N/A.
>>
>>2302586
in Watchmen Ozymandias (Adrian Veidt) grows up admiring Alexander, then when he goes to Egypt he becomes obsessed with Rameses II and goes on to say Alexander was a "cheap imitation" of him
>>
>taking capeshit dialogues as valid historical viewpoints
Wew lad, that's a neat fedora you're tippin'
>>
>>2302604
Oh yeah, because both faced the same enemies, had to deal with the same kind of warfare and had to cover the same distances? Such a retardation. I know it's not from you but still, a retardation.

Rameses had his own glory moment by defeating the sea peoples; Alexander had his own glory moment by defeating Achaemenid Persia.
>>
>>2302626
>Rameses had his own glory moment by defeating the sea peoples

Wrong Rameses.
>>
>>2302626
who are the sea peoples?
>>
>>2302736
S*rdinians.
>>
>the character ozymandias says something
>that must mean moore believes it!
No
>>
>>2302626
Rameses III fought the sea peoples, not Rameses II who reigned a century earlier

they're not even the same dynasty
>>
>>2302439
Being inspired by someone doesn't make you a "cheap imitation". Nothing is wholly original.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.