[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D-Day Retard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Gaiz...
Gaiz.

How bout we storm the most heavily fortified german position...

gaiz, are you listening?

With INFANTRY.

Uh... I dunno man, that sounds kinda... dumb.

No no man! We'll just use like a TON of infantry.

Won't our casualties be like... massive?

Pbbt, who cares? We'll just send like, half a million guys-

Half a MILLION?

Yeah, but who cares? Their poor trash.

I dunno man, that sounds kind of.. cold.

Look man, do you want to stay rich or what?
>>
>>2301470

>d-day casualties
>high

pick one
>>
>>2301470
You know, with all the people who died in the holocaust and people saying we overreported the number of dead, you ever think we UNDERreported the casualties we suffered during world war 2?

I mean, casualties look bad, they sour our parades and victory marches. We already know how bad we used to censor shit back then, how do we know there aren't fields of unreported dead?
>>
>>2301470
Is it wierd that I get inspired by Primo Victoria even though I know its based on a lie?

Am I just a sucker for good intentions or what?
>>
>>2301497
I think when we die we will judged based on whether we acted on what we believed to be right, regardless of whether it was correct.

Some people think I'm too soft hearted that way.
>>
>>2301470
how else do you propose to invade europe?
>>
Operation Overlord was a smashing success as well as one of the most meticulously planned offensives in all of human histiry
>>
>>2301470
D-day casualties weren't very high at all, honestly
>>
>>2301470
>How bout we storm the most heavily fortified german position..

Exact opposite. There was extensive deception to make sure the Germans wouldn't properly reinforce Normandy in preparation for the invasion. They thought the attack was coming somewhere else. As a result it was one of the more weakly defended areas in northern France. Hence why the Allies were able to quickly establish a beachhead with few losses.

The end result of this some three months later was 500,000 German casualties at the cost of less than half that Allied, with the German armored forces gutted and the Allies given free reign to ship millions of men into Europe via northern France. Paired with the air operations being conducted over ths Reich around the same time, it also reduced the German fighter corps to a rump force. It was one of the most successful offensives in military history.

Casualties incurred by the Americans and their Allies in general were remarkably light overall- 766,000 total for the 1944-1945 campaign vs well over 5 million German ones.
>>
>>2301470

Husky was a bigger landing anyway.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.