[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most overvalued literary work in history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Is this the most overvalued literary work in history?

It isn't even the first novel, the first novel is the Kadambari, written by Bāṇabhaṭṭa, a North Indian.

Pic related.
>>
>>2299975
I had to put it down, it's complete shit. It's literally just
>don Quijote and Sancho go somewhere
>DQ sees things and belives it's something from his knight novels
>they get into a fight and get beaten up
over and over again for hundreds of pages. It's not even that funny for the first time and it's trying to milk that one joke all the tim (don Quijote believes he is a fairytale knight LMAO).
>>
>>2299975
No, the Aeneid is. It's a complete ripoff of the Iliad, it falsifies history and it's blatant propaganda.
>>
>>2300021
>It's literally just
>>don Quijote and Sancho go somewhere
>>DQ sees things and belives it's something from his knight novels
>>they get into a fight and get beaten up B8
>>
If you didn't read it in the original language, you have no right to say anything.
>>2300021
It makes sense if you have a minimun knowledge of the knight novels and the time period, as it's expected you to have if you read it.
>>
>>2299975
The Bible, especially the King James Version. It has immense value, but the idea that literally every pre-modern work of art and literature boils down to someone's interpretation of it is an oversimplification. Thinking that works like The Divine Comedy and Paradise Lost are only derivatives of The Bible devalues them.
>>
>>2300028
>Triumph der Willens isn't a good movie, it's just propaganda!

Propaganda is an art form anon.
>>
>>2300028
>complete ripoff
There are a lot of changes for Roman audiences and "ripping off" the classics was seen as an act of virtue.
>>
>>2299975
When will this blatant Indian shilling end?
>>
>>2300021
I should put you down.
>>
>>2299975
>Kadambari
You mean that book about poos trying to find the mythical device known as the loo which was lost after IRV civilization fell? I've read it. They didn't even succeed in the end and India today still hasn't discovered the loo. How is that better than Don Quixote?
>>
>>2300028
>its a complete ripoff of the Iliad
that's literally the point
>>
The only correct answer to this question is the Bible.
>>
Theres easier ways of telling us that you read at a fifth grade level
>>
>>2300021

Oh yeah. I put down the book after they got beat down, and Sancho had explosive diarrhea.
>>
>>2299975
>>2300021
>Not liking funny light wacky adventures
>Not liking sad love stories
>Not liking Sancho's wisdom specially after Barataria

Pls go and stay go
>>
File: 1485915511981.jpg (1MB, 1744x2976px) Image search: [Google]
1485915511981.jpg
1MB, 1744x2976px
>>
>>2300028
>It's a complete ripoff of the Iliad
Just like how sculptures are plagiarizing from the people they are modeled after?
>>2299975
Literally who?
>>2300459
>implying it didn't have incredible underlying revelations about the nature of nobility vs peasantry juxtapose with espousing hard-line idealism and actually living the ideals
Reddit is that way
>>2301822
Everything they covered is interpreted in a Biblical way.
>>
>>2299975

The Kadambari is a romance, not a novel. You don't have the singular focal protagonist that is characteristic of a novel. It's more comparable to something like Le Morte D'Artur, not DQ.
>>
File: Shakespeare.jpg (3MB, 1943x2489px) Image search: [Google]
Shakespeare.jpg
3MB, 1943x2489px
>Writes two original works
>Rips off from anything he can find
>Filled with crude humor and quips for the groundlings
>Terrible puns abound
>>
>>2302801
Ah hell yeah, The Brothers Karamazov is beast.
>>
>>2299975
Harry Potter, at least in this generation
>>
>>2299975
DQ is fucking hilarious. People who think otherwise are all wrong and retarded.
>>
>>2302801
>alice in wonderland and through the looking glass in shit tier
Someone has some splainin' to do.
>>
>>2303592
>Terrible puns abound
Isn't the the hallmark of transcendent literature?
>>
>>2303938
I bet you argue for "pedosexual" rights, for "other people."
>>
Jesus Christ I shouldn't have left /lit/.
>>
>>2303592
>finest of british playwrighting was just a plagiarist that copied continental plays and changed couple names

Really makes you think.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.