[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of studying philosofy in university, is it a good idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download (1).png (728KB, 584x780px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
728KB, 584x780px
Thinking about working with translations of old works, mostly.
>>
Learn a trade and study philosophy/history in your free time

t. knower
>>
>>2296615
>philosofy
>>
>>2296651
Fpbp
>>
>>2296685
My B.
>>
>>2296727
feel free to fuck off back to where you came from any time, newfag
>>
>>2296790
???
>>
>>2296615
Sure, as long as you realize that being a philosopher means spending your time in academia teaching and writing essays books or reviewing the essays and books of other philosophers.
If writing philosophy is what you want to do, meaning, sitting alone for long periods and thinking and writing philosophy then be a philosopher.
It is not easy work.
If the ACTUAL work of a proffesional philosopher sounds interesting to you then of course, go right ahead.
Being a philosopher is not like exactly like learning philosophy and its definately not like shitpositng on 4chan about philosophy.
Its getting into the nuances of different localized and pretty specific parts of contemporary philosophyical thought and contributing to it.
Most of the time its small discussions and exhanges of essays etc..
The big league guys write books that amount to something and become infuential but most work on inor localizied issues, I assume for a lack of motivation or inspiration to write something monumental.
This is the case with any research of course.
>>
>>2296615
Majoring in philosophy is only good if youre staying in academia or going to law school. Unless you go to an Ivy league, then its all good
>>
>>2296615
if your parents are wealthy go for it
>>
Honestly don't do it if you're poor OP, believe me I tried.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.