[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Zimmerman Telegram the most stupid plan to keep away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1467.jpg (81KB, 500x668px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1467.jpg
81KB, 500x668px
I mean, Mexico would not only get rekt, the US would still find out about German weaponry coming into Senor Juans hands. The US would still declare war on Germany.

How would /his/ keep the burgers away?
>>
>>2295833
Unrestricted submarine warfare was stupider.
>>
>>2295833
but what if mighty Mexican navy teams up with german subs to reverse blockade Britain?
>>
>>2295833
Don't underestimate the Mexican military, it would be difficult but they certainly would be able to if they played it smart, to annex the US.
>>
>>2295833
Forged document by the British.
>>
>>2295846

That I agree.
>>
>>2295877

Then why did Zimmerman admit to it being true?

>>2295833

Ultimately, I don't see how you can. America is always going to be more sympathetic towards Britain and France than it is towards Germany. You MIGHT be able to keep them off your throat a while longer by keeping Russia in the war; fighting to preserve a despotic Czardon wasn't winning too many friends in the U.S., but on the other hand, as long as Russia's in the war, you have the problem of the massive commitment out east to worry about.
>>
>>2295846
> They could have won the war if only they've waited for a month for the Russian revolution to happen
Dan Carlin told me this, was he right?
>>
>>2296486
>9
>sympathetic to English
you do know most preffered Germany of all the world powers right
>>
>>2296547
The people, maybe. Mostly because many were German-Americans. The government, I really don't think so.
>>
>>2296547

Which is why you had U.S. arms trade to Britain but not to Germany as soon as the autumn of 1914.
>>
>>2296638
It was only because the British fleet prohibited it. The first American loan to a WWI belligerent was Germany in the amount of 10 million.

The US was quite willingly to trade arms and food with Germany, but it didn't want to risk fighting the Royal Navy. Why bother when the British and French were willing to pay good prices?

It was by late 1915 to early 1916 that the US was starting to get pissed by the blockade because it infringed on our rights to trade as a neutral with fellow neutrals in goods that were not defined as contraband in international agreements like food and raw materials.
>>
>>2295876
>don't underestimate this barely industrialized country's ability to completely annex the most industrialized country in the world with an imperialist history with 1/4 the population and 1/2 of the scientific ability plz
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.