[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If masculinity was a trait that was looked as something good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_5910.jpg (52KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5910.jpg
52KB, 640x430px
If masculinity was a trait that was looked as something good in the pass, why did aristocrats look and act so feminine?
>>
Past is not an unequivocal word.
>>
>>2295349
Their idea of masculinity was different than ours.

Rugged, muscled, violent were poor man's thing.

Cultured, eloquent, smart, patience was the elite's idea of ideal man.
>>
>>2295349
Once you saw what a headful of lice looks like, you too would shave your shit and wear a wig.
>>
>>2295357
This. Buy some more media propaganda OP.
>>
File: The_Nightwatch_by_Rembrandt.jpg (72KB, 720x600px) Image search: [Google]
The_Nightwatch_by_Rembrandt.jpg
72KB, 720x600px
>>2295349
You realize these guys were armed with swords 24/7 and fought duels to the death over bullshit insults
>>
File: chillin at my bro's place.png (2MB, 1230x888px) Image search: [Google]
chillin at my bro's place.png
2MB, 1230x888px
>>2295442
>>
>>2295349
>>2295357
masculinity is unironically a social construct
>>
>>2295456
t. numale / tranny
>>
>>2295349
masculinity is a meme and 'our ancestors were more manly' is revionism
>>
>>2295461
In some societies fucking trannies was pretty much the epitome of masculinity wasn't it?
>>
>>2295498
Yeah it was but BEING a tranny is the opposite of masculinity.
>>
—In a slothfull peace both courages will effeminate, and manners corrupt.
–Francis Bacon, in Bacon's essays, CUP Archive.

—Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
–Bible, in The New Testament Greek and English, CUP Archive, 1970, p. 712

—Many Scottish writers [however] against the background of the Napoleonic wars, began to disparage this characteristic, and imputed effeminacy to Hinduism, conceptualizing the difference between effeminate Hindus and valiant (and virtuous) Muslims.
–Jeng-Guo S. Chen, in Gendering India: Effeminacy and the Scottish Enlightenment's Debates over Virtue and Luxury, Project Muse,
>>
File: Then and Now.jpg (122KB, 540x668px) Image search: [Google]
Then and Now.jpg
122KB, 540x668px
>>
>>2295530
>when thou hath been born in the wrong generation
>>
>>2295349
Manliness is a peasant thing, much like toiling.
>>
>>2295442
OP also seems to neglect the fact that Aristocrats were a warrior-caste for most of history. Fruity looking men in the 18th century tended toward military careers.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.