[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were there any other Soviet generals as good as Zhukov?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: zhukov's medals.jpg (139KB, 1021x1440px) Image search: [Google]
zhukov's medals.jpg
139KB, 1021x1440px
Were there any other Soviet generals as good as Zhukov?
>>
>>2295189
Stalin himself.

Who do you think was directing the armies when everyone else was getting fucked over by him?

Kek.
>>
Alexander Vasilevsky and Konstantin Rokossovsky
>>
Tukhachevsky.
> Pros:
Great leadership, bold.
Author of deep-battle theories, which the Soviet Union finally decided to try in the end of ww2. Total success (Manchuria)
Based enough to say to Stalin to go fuck himself
Looks autistic
> Cons:
Got fucking purged
Didnt gave a shit about human live (Crushed Kronstadt rebellion)
Hated poles which are bro-tier
>>
>>2295247
Shit, I forgot pic
>>
File: Zhukovsgreatestdefeat.jpg (23KB, 294x450px) Image search: [Google]
Zhukovsgreatestdefeat.jpg
23KB, 294x450px
>Zhukov thread
>No funny memes

You disappoint me /his/
>>
>>2295260
Battle of Rzhev was commandeered by Stalin

Stalin was in charge of Moscow operations, Zhukov was in charge of the Stalingrad front
>>
>>2295189
IM LE SO IMPORTANT WITH MY SELF INVENTED ARMY JEWLERY SWAGGG
>>
>>2295249
Didn't he really fuck up in the Polish war?
>>
>>2295428
are you having a seizure?
>>
>>2295189
Malinovsky
>>
>>2295189
Good at what? Genociding Russians?
>>
Can someone explain how great this guy is other than he had the largest zerg rush in the history under his command
>>
>>2295546
>zerg rushes
>after '41
Post discarded
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 220x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 220x316px
>>2295223
This.

I'd also add Vasily Chuikov to that list since he was a master at urban warfare.
>>
>>2295580
jesus pierce brosnan really let himself go
>>
>Georgy "a few thousand dead russians a day keep the german divisions at bay" Zhukov
>good
>>
>>2295592
would you rather follow a grizzled veteran into battle or a fruity numale
>>
>>2295643
Ask Liechtenstein
>>
>>2295546
he's a meme here because every now and then there's a thread where people make up Zhukov quotes to ridicule the 'soviet human wave' meme
>>
>>2295316
I didn't write the book! Go argue with David Glantz you autist.
>>
>>2295260
>"Every night I pick a good strong looking lad, a young, inexperienced soldier. I take him back to my tent and reveal my gun to him and devour him whole. He feeds this insatiable hunger. He becomes fodder for my cannon." - Zhukov
>"I will personally destroy the Russian peoples." -Zhukov
>"The dead bodies of our fallen will lay out a red carpet for our glorious leader Stalin to march toward victory" - Zhukov
>"Berlin delenda est." -Georgi "Cato" Zhukov
>"When they come into machine gun fire, our soldiers march exactly as if it was not there." - Zhukov
>"Don't worry comrade Stalin, we have more men than the Germans have bullets."- Zhukov
>"Sometimes people ask for proof, but that usually just means they're guilty" - Beria
>"I shall unite the Russian people under one graveyard" - Zhukov
>"I already reported 300,000 casualties to STAVKA. Quick, send two divisions across German minefield!"-Zhukov
>"Operation Mars was t-totally a diversion for Uranus, you believe me, r-right g-g-guys??" - Georgy "Just Fuck My Shit Up" Zhukov
>"We shall die on the beaches, we shall die on the landing grounds, we shall die in the fields and in the streets, we die fight in the hills; we shall never survive" -Zhukov
>"If I had a kopek for every young man I sent to a certain, early death, I would be denounced as a kulak and sent to gulag." -Zhukov
>"They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I'm not supposed to believe in hell, but i do know the road to Moscow is paved with dead Russians." - Zhukov
>"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun." -Zhukov
>"Rifle is a luxury, and it's not like our soldiers could hit anything with it."-Zhukov
>"I don't care if you lost half your men. Lose the other half. Lose yourself." - Zhukov
>"Do, or die. There is no "try"." -Zhukov
>>
>>2296451
>"The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as the greatest or most significant or most influential rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved." - Zhukov
>"Hence to fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking your own armies without fighting." -- Georgy Zhukov, The Art of War.
>"The average adult male has about 1,000 mg of stored iron in the body, whereas the average female has only about 300 mg. I extracted these traces of metal from the corpses of our own men, Each one of these medals took scores of Russian corpses to produce. My only regret is I could not melt down and wear every Russian man, woman, and child on my uniform." -Zhukov
>>
>>2295463
He captured documents with polish orders but decited that it was a provocation
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.