[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: nietzsche_cosmos.jpg (271KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche_cosmos.jpg
271KB, 620x412px
>The universe is a closed system, and it will not expand forever.
>Eventually it will collapse into black holes, and there will be a new singularity.
>Given that it is a closed system, the following big bang will produce exactly the same universe down to your current brain chemistry
>Your parents will always meet
>You will always be born, just as you always have
>If a superadvanced race was somehow observing and recording the big bang, they would be able to simulate it from start to finish, including us.
If this is true, how does it make you feel? Nietszche believed that most men would not be able to hand it, but I believe that his philosophical ideas, based on ancient knowledge, will eventually be found to be physical realities. Free will is an illusion, but it is also just a mind game we play with ourselves. We are just like the motion of the cosmos, revolving through our life.
>>
beyond life's obvious meaning (to create more life), its only goal should also be more life.
the extension of the human life solves all of the worlds problems because everyday we lose great minds.
>>
Can an illusion be declared unreal if the subject experiencing said illusion is understanding the illusion as reality? What we define as reality may be based on what some see as an illusion (free will), but if it is all we can grasp then I would argue no illusion is possible, since it is the reality created within the confines of "illusion".

TL;DR: There is no illusion, because our definition of free will exists within it.
>>
>>2294277
>Given that it is a closed system, the following big bang will produce exactly the same universe down to your current brain chemistry

This overlooks the random element of quantum processes which would play a role in such an event as a new big bang.

But if true, it doesn't really affect me any. The fact that my will follows a predetermined course doesn't change the fact that it is indeed my will, whether it's spontaneous or not really has no bearing to me.
>>
File: Kundera,Milan[1].jpg (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kundera,Milan[1].jpg
16KB, 200x300px
u wot m8? my being carries no weight at all
>>
>>2294435
Quantum processes are not random
>>
>>2294277
>If a superadvanced race was somehow observing and recording the big bang,
>The universe is a closed system
Pick one.

Also, the universe seems to be flat. If it is flat it will never stop expanding.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.