[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Islam talk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 32

File: muhammad.jpg (119KB, 600x810px) Image search: [Google]
muhammad.jpg
119KB, 600x810px
>claims to be a "religion of peace"
>its most important figure was literally a warlord

Is Islam the single biggest contradiction in history?
>>
File: 1479018109997.jpg (111KB, 432x611px) Image search: [Google]
1479018109997.jpg
111KB, 432x611px
>>2293194
>claims to be a religion of peace
>only became popular thanks to a warlod

Is Christianity the single biggest contradiction in history?
>>
>>2293194
Most religious texts contradict themselves. However, I do believe that the mental gymnastics involved in trying to convince people that Islam is peaceful are quite impressively contradictory and stupid.
>>
>>2293203
Christians don't claim that though, at least not to the same extent. or use that as a title for anything
>>
File: 1484885075419.jpg (33KB, 397x379px) Image search: [Google]
1484885075419.jpg
33KB, 397x379px
>>2293203
catholics not protestants.. nice try though
>>
File: Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog-Meme-07.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>Muhammad was so autistic he had to have Allah make a statement that his dinner guests shouldn't overstay their welcome because he was too socially inept to tell them to get out

http://www.answeringmuslims.com/2014/02/guess-whos-coming-to-dinner-at.html

Fuck, how much more proof do you need that Muhammad was a con man who was just telling people to do what he wanted because "God told me so"
>>
File: 1481676182576.jpg (56KB, 552x597px) Image search: [Google]
1481676182576.jpg
56KB, 552x597px
hell yeah i am.. it says in the queeran that they can lie to us to futher the islamic agenda, and there god will be pleased...? Dosen't sound holy to me. Talmud reading jews have a stipulation saying the same thing. I don't trust a one of them.
>>
>>2293218
>30 years of war
protestants dindu nuffin, eh?
>>
>>2293231
>Cathars
catholics dindu nuffin, eh?
>>
>>2293194
As a Muslim, I can tell you the whole "religion of peace" is just a meme. Of course it's not a religion of peace, as not any other religion is either. All religions will fight and take over to spread their ideology. If not for conquering lands, Islam would've died out. The only people who believe in that meme are cucks who hang christmas trees in their houses and believe that all religions are one big happy family and listen to bob marley. They fail to realize that religions breed culture and those cultures may be enemies to one another.
>>
>>2293231
Catholic were the aggressors in this war.
>>
>>2293203
christianity was already popular beforehand
slaves spread across the empire adopted it and it spread from there
>>
>>2293248
>steal the rightful holdings of his holiness
>the catholics started it!
>>
>>2293245
We are well aware it's a meme to let Muslims try and make their religion seem harmless to propagate it in the west. Unfortunately we have too many cucks here who think Islam is harmless while Islamic countries are currently genociding their Christian populations
>>
Islam is high test asf
>>
>>2293256
You're probably talking about ISIS, right? Well, they're funded by the CIA and even their leader Abu Bakr is actually a Mossad agent name Simon elliot. So its actually a bunch of government mercenaries running amuck. What I dont agree with is when muslims are legitimately oppressed and actually defend themselves, they're labeled terrorists.
>>
>>2293254
Donation of constantine was a fraud,this along with the sale of indulgences showed people the catholic church was a fake church
>>
>>2293283
So when muslims do terrorism theyre CIA?
>>
>>2293286

YFW you realise Luther had no problems with indulgences whatsoever
>>
>>2293283
I don't think there is any country in the world where Muslims are actually oppressed with the possible exception of Burma where the Rohingya acted like such massive shitheads they actually managed to make the fucking Buddhists want to ethnically cleanse them
>>
>>2293287
In the 21st century, then most of the time yes. Because their objective is from the west to destabilize the middle east/former soviet ally countries
>>
What translation of Ibn Battuta's travels should I get?
>>
File: 1472762648174.jpg (60KB, 480x573px) Image search: [Google]
1472762648174.jpg
60KB, 480x573px
>>2293245
see you on the battlefield.. at least your an honest muzzie..
>>
>>2293292
>what is palestine
>what is kashmir
>what is bosnia
>what is chechnya
>>
File: 1482444953440.jpg (79KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482444953440.jpg
79KB, 600x450px
>>2293319
im drinking tea.. to much buttermilk for me. thanx though
>>
>>2293309
keep eating your doritos, neckbeard
>>
File: witch-burning.jpg (144KB, 640x321px) Image search: [Google]
witch-burning.jpg
144KB, 640x321px
>>2293328
>Thou shall love...

I guess not
>>
>>2293328
Picking cherries is fun isn't it
>>
>>2293328
Your Bible is full of contradictions, ya know? But I guess only retards agree with that kind of stuff
>>
>>2293231

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifgHHhw_6g8
>>
>>2293354
Remind me why christian europe had the enlightenment and Islam didn't?
>>
& Humanities was a mistake
>>
>>2293372
Look up Islamic golden age, retard. Your computer runs on the algorithims they invented, retard
>>
>>2293386
Not so fast Hamed,the only reason Islam had a golden age was due to conquest.
Once it stopped expanding it stopped "borrowing" things
>>
>>2293393
>Borrowing

You cant borrow from retarded christians like you

Christians actually borrowed from MUSLIMS, retard
>>
>>2293393
Everything is, was and has been borrowed, not just exclusively by Muslim civilizations. Not an argument.
>>
>>2293399
you do realize that much of the Islamic "golden age" was predicted on GREEK and ROMAN knowledge
>>
>>2293393
>>2293399
Just adding, if you were to look at who contributed to math the most, the Muslims and ancient Greek did almost all the work.
>>
>>2293399
Enough of this.
Islam is stuck in the dark ages of violence because its holy book cannot be altered by new revelations.

Christianity has been reformed by Jesus and the apostles to allow liberal theology and the freedom of thought.
>>
File: isaac newton.jpg (1MB, 2400x2912px) Image search: [Google]
isaac newton.jpg
1MB, 2400x2912px
>le islamic golden age meme

this man single handily had a greater influence on science then the entire history of islamic science
>>
>>2293386
>Look up Islamic golden age
The Islamic 'golden age' was literally just Muslims stealing literature from the Greeks
>>
>>2293407
no...much of modern mathematics is mostly European

Euler, Gauss, Newton, Leibniz etc.

you are totally wrong

much of rigorous mathematics is European as well
>>
File: HODŽA_druhá_míza.jpg (67KB, 441x441px) Image search: [Google]
HODŽA_druhá_míza.jpg
67KB, 441x441px
All religions will be made illegal under the principles of revolutionary Hoxhaism
>>
>>2293410
>Oooo look at me, a fucking apple fell on my head, Im soo smart

At this point its pretty much shitposting
>>
http://fabpedigree.com/james/mathmen.htm

only 1 muslim face in the top 30

but autists claim that most of mathematics is islamic, lol
>>
GIRLS DO NOT FIGHT ON WHO BELIVES IN A BIGGER LIE!
RELIGION, EVERY RELIGION, IS JUST ANOTHER WAY TO CONTROL ONE MORE PART OF THE POPULATION, JUST LIKE GOVERNMENT, BANKS, MEDIA, WARS, MEDIA, POLITICS AND ANY OTHER SHIT WE ARE BEEN FEED WITH.
YOU ARE FALLING TO THIS TRICK AGAIN AND AGAIN AND THIS SHITY LIE IS EMPTYING YOUR MIND FROM REAL THOUGHTS, IMAGINATION AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD'S LEADING POWERS FOR GENERATIONS!!!
>>
>>2293418
your right...its not like he wrote the Principia, which is probably the most influential scientific work of all time

its not like his theories dominated scientific discourse until Einstein

your right, he just had an apple hit his head

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophi%C3%A6_Naturalis_Principia_Mathematica
>>
>>2293411
Then why did Muslims have more books and libraries in Spain (Cordoba and Andulus) before Spanish Inquisition, while the christians had jack shit and no books (except some recopied bibles)?
>>
equating the Islamic Golden Age to the Enlightenment is rather stupid.

the Islamic Golden Age was a time of increased scientific, mathematical works..it would be equivalent to the Scientific Revolution in Europe

the Enlightenment was something different all together, the Enlightenment was the beginning of a new paradigm shift in thinking about religion, questioning god, and questioning the basic tenets of christianity

Islam never had something like this, they did have a great period of math and science, but never had a period of truly reflecting on their religion
>>
>>2293194
Look at the Hadiths -- they're near-universally accepted and similarly warmongering.
>>
>>2293421
This. But what happens to horrible people when they die? Or is it all just one big lie?
>>
File: 2xbait.jpg (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2xbait.jpg
4KB, 200x200px
>>2293428
Oh look, the Dark Ages fallacy!
>>
>>2293428

The Byzantines had just as much of greek and roman texts that the Muslims had

Irish monks also had a great abundance of the classics
>>
like i mean Gauss and Euler together probably had a greater influence on mathematics than all of Islamic math combined...its ridiculous to claim that Europeans "stole" it

not even bringing in Euclid or Archimedes
>>
>>2293218
>Constantine the Great
>Catholic
U wut m8yl8y?
>>
>>2293435
If im wrong, then this bruv is wrong too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--pOk0zFBfk
>>
>>2293418
>APPLE ON HEAD MEME
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>2293433
They're just dead and cease to exist, same as good people.
>>
>>2293433
THEY JUST FUCKING GONE ACCEPT IT.
ALL YOUR LIFE YOU ARE JUST WORKING FOR SOMEONE ELSE WHILE HE LIVES HIS LIFE AND YOU ARE BULSHITTING ABOUT RELIGION AND POLITICS WITH THE REST OF THE SLAVES.
THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO CONTROL THE GOVERNMENT IN ORDER TO CONTROL THE PEOPLE, THEY DON'T EVEN NEED IT TO BE IN THEIR SIDE, THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO CONTROL POLITICIANS WORDS AND ACTS. ACTUALLY THEY DON'T EVEN CARE WHO IS THE CURRENT "PRESIDENT" OR LEADER. THEY JUST NEED IT TO FUCKING EXIST SO STUPID PEOPLE WILL HAVE SOME SHIT TO FULL THEIR BRAIN WITH.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild
>>
>>2293461
Everybody thinks they are a nice guy-Socrates
>>
>>2293470
Yes this statement is true, care to go on? I don't see what you're getting at.
>>
>>2293461
I would take you more seriously if you didnt write in all caps broski
>>
>>2293479
What is this, an all caps fallacy?
>>
>>2293194
Another cult for inadequate, insecure guys.
>>
>>2293328
LITERALLY OUT OF CONTEXT.

It is during a BATTLE OF BADR.
>>
File: fuck off.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
fuck off.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>King Soloman not a warlord
>Moses not a warlord
Also when they say "religion of peace" they mean peace with God. My best friend is muslim and clarifies to me all the retarded shit people make up about Islam
>>
File: seinfeld_jerry.jpg (38KB, 240x260px) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld_jerry.jpg
38KB, 240x260px
If Islam is so peaceful, what's all the killing about?
>>
>>2293541
Why should the context matter when this so called 'prophet' is directly contradicting the teachings of Jesus.

>"Oops don't worry guys, it's totally cool to kill other people if it's during a battle"

Idiot. Follow your prophet to hell.
>>
>>2293556
Nigga religion is there to control you by your masters
>>
>>2293328
Revelations
[17] And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
[18] That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
>>
>>2293556
So what? You dont want people to fight back and just die? Follow your cuck god to hell
>>
>>2293393
>Not so fast Hamed,the only reason Islam had a golden age was due to conquest.
>Once it stopped expanding it stopped "borrowing" things
If that were true, the golden age would be centered on the years of Umayyad expansion and end when the Abbasids took over and became a smaller, reactive empire that stopped conquering.

The opposite is true, however.
>>
>>2293429
>Islam never had something like this, they did have a great period of math and science, but never had a period of truly reflecting on their religion

But that's wrong. The entire period was one of religious reflection and paradigm shifts.
>>
>>2293574
>So what? You dont want people to fight back and just die?
Yes? Why would you even care about dying when you go to Heaven? Oh that's right, Islam wasn't created by someone who believed in an afterlife, it was created by a warmonger who tricked other people into enriching him because he told them he could hear the voice of God.
>>
>>2293554
The equivalent of Protestants violently pushing their heresy.
>>
So this is what a pro/anti Islam debate is like when everyone learned all they know from internet memes. A high level of discourse.
>>
>>2293596
>Yes? Why would you even care about dying when you go to Heaven?
Most retarded thing in the world. Enjoy having any followers to your religion when they just give up and die, whenever faced with a threat.
>>
>>2293584
>The opposite is true, however.
So they didnt get their art from persia, their aristotle from Bysantium and their math from India?

Your "truths" are astounding
>>
Shia is okay. Gas Sunni n Wahhabists.
>>
>>2293599
Protestants are comparatively more violent than foot washing catholics

Be sure to kiss those muslim toes before they behead you
>>
>>2293605
>Enjoy having any followers to your religion
Christianity is the largest religion in the world, thanks for your concern though.
>>
>>2293606
They got all of those from Persian, Byzantine, and Indian converts and through trade, and then built their own distinct traditions on top of them.
>>
>>2293612
>Protestants are comparatively more violent than foot washing catholics
That's what I was saying, yes. You could follow a debate much easier if you didn't waste so much time failing at wit.
>>
the two greatest scientists of all time were westerners

Newton, Einstein

no muslims
>>
>>2293616
And their traditions are backwards compared to the enlightenment traditions of science and reason, which is why today muslims cant do science
>>
>>2293596
Why, to do God's will, of course. Faith without works is dead.
>>
>>2293613
>largest religion in the world
Through conquest and forced conversions. You act all high and mighty but Christianity and Islam are two sides of the same coin. Eat a dick faggot
>>
Europe became secular...

the Islamic World did not

ask yourself why this was?
>>
File: image.png (9KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9KB, 282x179px
>REASONS FOR BATTLE DURING THE TIME OF MUHAMMAD

https://www.al-islam.org/life-muhammad-prophet-sayyid-saeed-akhtar-rizvi/battles
>>
>>2293606
You're moving the goalposts. The original claim was 'once it stopped expanding, it stopped borrowing things,' which is false. The Rashidun and Umayyad Caliphates were the expansionist phases of early Islamic history, and they have almost nothing in the way of golden age level science and philosophy. It's the Abbasid period when the Muslims were generally focused on internal stability and rebellions that is known as their golden age.

The same is true for Spain where the expansionist Umayyad and later Berber regimes were mostly focused on war, and it's the taifa period where the majority of Muslim emirates were on the defensive against Asturian, Frankish, and Italian expansion that has all the impressive cultural achievement.
>>
>>2293632
>10th century traditions are less advanced than 18th century traditions
You're a smart one
>>
>>2293641
there was no such thing as "golden age" islam

they never made great advancements like The West did

The West has the two greatest scientific minds of all time...Isaac Newton and Albert Einstein

Islam has no noticeable achievements
>>
>>2293639
Because secularization developed in and was propagated by the west, and was subsequently rejected by Islamic scholars to strengthen anti-colonial movements in the 20th century?
>>
>>2293596
Are you special? Please, don't think too hard. It's bad for someone with low brain capacity as you.

Seek help
>>
File: principia.png (126KB, 220x305px) Image search: [Google]
principia.png
126KB, 220x305px
this book right here had a greater effect on science than the ENTIRE HISTORY of islamic science
>>
>>2293647
>there was no such thing as "golden age" islam
Blogs are not a source.
>>
>>2293650
so you think its not because Islam is barbaric compared to the civilized west?
>>
>>2293656
no wtf
>>
>>2293433
they die just like everyone else you fucking pussy, there is no cosmic justice
>>
>>2293653
again..Isaac Newton literally had a bigger effect on science than the entire history of Islam

the greatest mathematicians were europeans (Gauss, Euler)

the greatest biologist was Darwin, european

the greatest chemist was european, lavoiser
>>
>>2293657
Europe had an Enlightenment which transformed Europe into secularism

while the Islamic world dedicates their life to 7th century traditions
>>
File: einstein.jpg (677KB, 1500x2176px) Image search: [Google]
einstein.jpg
677KB, 1500x2176px
there isn't one muslim scientist in history that was on the level of this man
>>
>>2293666
This "enlightenment"-era secularization developed from the Wars of Religion wherein the Protestants and Catholics decided they could never kill one other so they needed to compromise. Historic movements do not just come about as if in a test tube. You will find that the recent radicalization of Islam is recent as well, and has its own historic reasons that are intricately connected to the actions of the secularized West.
>>
>>2293669
This man was jewish. Who the fuck cares what religion a scientist was anyways?
>>
>>2293672
I am tired as fuck, please forgive the redundancy.
>>
>>2293669
Einstein was Jewish.
Not Christian.
>>
>>2293672
that is entirely false

the entire reason the Islamic Golden age ended was because Islam dipped back into fundamentalism

nothing to do with "western colonialism"
>>
>>2293662
None of these points has any bearing whatsoever on the Islamic Golden Age not being a thing. Or do you think the Renaissance or Greek Golden Age was also nothing because of Newton?
>>
>>2293666
Ill give the middle East 100 more years and they will be very liberal and degenerate just like the West. You forget that Christianity is much older than Islam and had alot of time to change to what it is today
>>
>>2293675
so what if Einstein was Jewish

he grew up in the west, surrounded by the traditions of western culture, the western model of science, reason, etc.
>>
>>2293689
yes Newton is much more impressive then them
>>
I'm just tired of muslims on here that like to hype up the islamic golden age and act like Europe never produced any great science

when its the complete opposite
>>
>>2293695
And I'm happy for you and your husbando, but tell me how that has anything to do with "there was no such thing as "golden age" islam"
>>
>>2293698
because there wasn't....alot of the Islamic "golden age" was based off of Greek and Roman knowledge
>>
>>2293203
I want to fuck Emperor Constantine
>>
>>2293697

It was the first trendy thing academia latched onto in their recent backlash towards Eurocentricism

there's no doubt the scientific Islamic world was active during that time period but it is so exaggerated at this point
>>
>>2293702
And that's misguided, and it's obvious you've never actually read any works from either the Greeks or the Medieval Muslims. It's not any different than saying Newton was based off of earlier Renaissance and Medieval mathematicians, who in turn were based off of both Greek and Islamic math.
>>
>>2293708
exactly its the exaggeration part that pisses me off

i mean if you compare the 6 centuries of the so called "islamic golden age"

to say european dominance of science 1400-2000

you will see Europe having produced much GREATER results
>>
>>2293684
Yes it fucking did, the radicalization of Islam was a conscious effort by Muslim scholars in direct response to European incursions in the Middle East in the 19th and 20th centuries. You can say "u-uh no it isn't" all you want, that doesn't change reality.
>>
>>2293710

no not really because the creation of Calculus by Newton and Leibniz led to a paradigm shift in mathematics and the establishment of physics

there is a difference between basing work off of previous cultures (what Newton did)

then stealing their works and claiming it as their own (what muslims did to the greeks)
>>
>>2293712
So your answer to some so-called exaggeration is to exaggerate yourself?

>Hurr, the Enlightenment was a meme, Japan made more advancements in 50 years than it did in 200
>>
>>2293720
>then stealing their works and claiming it as their own (what muslims did to the greeks)
So you never actually read any work by the Muslims, because that's an outright lie. The Muslims source their works and name the Greeks they're referencing.
>>
>>2293724
no its not an exaggeration

Newton led to a new era of science that was unprecedented in world history

its not a fucking meme

islamic "golden age" is
>>
>>2293732
You don't even know what greeks and muslims did you stupid wiener-face
>>
>>2293719
No it fucking didn't

radical islam goes back to the 7th century with the Kharijites
>>
>>2293734
And ibn khwarizmi changed the Algebra forever, to the point where Newton's work would not have been possible without its influence reaching North Africa. How about you go and actually read some of the things you're trying to criticize, and then maybe pick up a book for once instead of some meme blog trying to insert modern idpol shit into history.
>>
>>2293742
pls that's like calling the Knights Templar radical Catholicism. Read a book.
>>
even if western colonialism was the reason for Islamic fundmanetalism, it doesn't justify it by no means

one can make the claim that The Treat of Versailles screwing over Germany and the hyper-inflation of their economy led to the rise of Nazi Germany

does that justify their actions though?
>>
>>2293742
Oh right, and what's that famous Kharijite theologian Al Qaeda and ISIS are always quoting? Ibn Al-Doesn't-Exist?
>>
>>2293751
Newton based his work on calculus and geometry not algebra, so not only is that incorrect its laughably incorrect

and Newton has a greater influence than ibn khwarizmi
>>
>>2293751
Newton and Leibniz inventing calculus is more impressive than what ever khwarizmi did to be honest
>>
>>2293755
No one is justifying them. Are you drunk? Or just an ESL-fag that barely understands glorious American?
>>
>>2293758
>>2293760
>A guy several centuries later had a bigger effect on math

I gotta thank you two. I was thinking of volunteering this summer at a special-ed class, but I see I'm just no good talking to retards.
>>
are people really trying to say Al Khwarizmi had a greater influence on science than fucking Newton

the principia is recognized as the GREATEST scientific work of all time,
>>
>>2293764
there are alot of mathematicians today that havn't had the impact of Newton, they came later right

someone like Grothendieck would be the equivalent of Newton in the 20th century

oh he was a white guy by the way, Western

not muslim
>>
http://fabpedigree.com/james/mathmen.htm

that al khwrazimi guy doesn't even make the top 30
>>
Algebra wasn't even that great until Carl Gauss, a westerner, proved the fundamental theorem of Algebra

a westerner by the way
>>
Modern Physics is domianted by two theories

General Relativity and Quantum Mechanics

both of WESTERN origin yeah thats right

not muslim
>>
>>2293772
>Al-Khowârizmi (aka Mahomet ibn Moses) was a Persian who worked as a mathematician, astronomer and geographer early in the Golden Age of Islamic science.
>Golden Age of Islamic science

Glad that's settled then. No one gives a shit about these WatchMojo tier rankings. This is a debate on whether the Islamic Golden Age was a thing or not. Arguing about how much of Newton's cock you can deepthroat doesn't change that fact, but at least you save me the trouble of telling you shits to go eat a dick.
>>
>>2293780
your the hypocrite that tried to say that islam was superior to the west because of the islamic golden age

im shutting that shit down, and im countering you that Europe had a greater influence on science
>>
>>2293772
>(Al-Kindi, called The Arab Philosopher, can not be considered among the greatest of mathematicians, but was one of the most influential general scientists between Aristotle and da Vinci.) He appears on Cardano's List of 12 Greatest Geniuses. (Al-Khowârizmi and Jabir ibn Aflah are the other Islamic scientists on that list.)

>your the hypocrite that tried to say that islam was superior to the west because of the islamic golden age
Yeah, uh huh, how about you quote where that ever happened you petty little fuck. Don't go putting words in people's mouths if you can't back it up. I never said Islam was superior, I'm calling you out on being wrong about the Golden Age not existing.
>>
>>2293644
Thats my whole point, Islam is stuck in the 10th century, so being muslim isnt smart, its retarded
>>
>>2293784
>your
>im
Yuropoors need to learn a real language before they can even think about trying to make a point.
>>
>>2293651
Sorry I showed you that your 'prophet' is a fraud who pretended that God was giving him instructions because it let him do whatever he wanted.
>>
>>2293772
>Al-Hassan ibn al-Haytham (Alhazen) made contributions to math, optics, and astronomy which eventually influenced Roger Bacon, Regiomontanus, da Vinci, Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, Huygens, Descartes and Wallis, thus affecting Europe's Scientific Revolution. He's been called the best scientist of the Middle Ages; his Book of Optics has been called the most important physics text prior to Newton;

It just gets better and better.
>>
>>2293772
>Abu Yūsuf Yaʻqūb ibn ʼIsḥāq aṣ-Ṣabbāḥ al-Kindī (Arabic: أبو يوسف يعقوب بن إسحاق الصبّاح الكندي, Latin: Alkindus) (c. 801–873 AD), known as "the Philosopher of the Arabs", was a Muslim Arab philosopher, polymath, mathematician, physician and musician. Al-Kindi was the first of the Muslim peripatetic philosophers, and is unanimously hailed as the "father of Islamic or Arabic philosophy"[2][3][4] for his synthesis, adaptation and promotion of Greek and Hellenistic philosophy in the Muslim world.[5]
Based as fuck
>>
>>2293772
>Al-Biruni has left us what seems to be the oldest surviving mention of the Broken Chord Theorem (if M is the midpoint of circular arc ABMC, and T the midpoint of "broken chord" ABC, then MT is perpendicular to BC). Although he himself attributed the theorem to Archimedes, Al-Biruni provided several novel proofs for, and useful corollaries of, this famous geometric gem.

>b-but the mooslems stole Greek science and claimed it as their own!
>>
Narrated By Abu Huraira : I heard the Prophet saying. "Five practices are characteristics of the Fitra: circumcision, shaving the pubic hair, cutting the moustaches short, clipping the nails, and depilating the hair of the armpits."
Sahih al-Bukhari, The Book of Dress, Hadith Number:5952
>>
What caused the massive brain drain in Islam?
>>
>>2293820
I read somewhere that circumcision most likely derives from magical practice related to fertility. In many (if not all) cultures, a body part related to the aim of the spell or ritual would be the focal point of said ritual. God's covenant to multiply the children of Israel affected the penis, so a change to the member would signify and effect this.
>>
>>2293807
Perhaps the same could be said of all prophets.
>>
>>2293831
>Circumcision is the world's oldest planned surgical procedure, suggested by anatomist and hyperdiffusionist historian Grafton Elliot Smith to be over 15,000 years old, pre-dating recorded history. There is no firm consensus as to how it came to be practiced worldwide. One theory is that it began in one geographic area and spread from there; another is that several different cultural groups began its practice independently. In his 1891 work History of Circumcision, physician Peter Charles Remondino suggested that it began as a less severe form of emasculating a captured enemy: penectomy or castration would likely have been fatal, while some form of circumcision would permanently mark the defeated yet leave him alive to serve as a slave.[23][81]
>>
>>2293405
And the Greeks were tipped off by the Asians. What's your point?
>>
>>2293194

I'm pretty sure it was George W. Bush who coined the term "religion of peace"
>>
>>2293283
ISIS is not genociding Christians, it simply forces them to pay jizya. The only religious group that they are striving to exterminate are non-Sunni Muslims.
>>
>>2293596
>yes?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks anon, I need a good laugh
>>
>>2293556
>>"Oops don't worry guys, it's totally cool to kill other people if it's during a battle"

Of course it is, what are you, retarded? You do understand that when someone wants to kill everyone who follows your religion you are supposed to fight back, right?
>>
File: IMG_0405.jpg (24KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0405.jpg
24KB, 258x245px
>>2293596
>>
File: 1438010373575.jpg (180KB, 517x768px) Image search: [Google]
1438010373575.jpg
180KB, 517x768px
>>2293596
>>
>>2294000
That's one group too many.

Also yes they are genociding Christians if they can get away with it you lying sack of shit, you are literally a triple zero. You are three times as bad as nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 921x831px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 921x831px
>>2293596
>>
>>2293596
Everyone who replied to you is a filthy atheist, Anon, but I appreciate your reply. Keep the faith. We'll see each other on the Last Day.
>>
Let me redpill you on Islam, anon.

It started as a form of Abrahamic puritan movement, a confederation of Arab monotheists convinced the end was nigh and that corrupting influences of paganism and a culture of internecine tribal conflict would damn them all if not pacified. Muhammad was likely one of many such preachers who happened to forge a series of political alliances in the semi-urbanized Western Arabian peninsula. This new confederation of the tribes of Medina, Mecca, and Taif subjugated all others in a few short years under its first ruler, Abu Bakr, before proceeding to unite the other tribes through raids and eventually conquests of Mesopotamia. At this point proto-Islam was still an ecumenical Abrahamic brotherhood, but the rapid growth of the Arab confederation and its territories awoke ancient chauvinist attitudes, and the conquerors began extolling the Abrahamic One God as their own personal deity and they His chosen people.
>>
>>2294197

At this point the leaders began to fashion their confederation as a Divine Empire on the Byzantine and Sassanid model, creating a new court culture in which the movement began to develop as a religion rather than a philosophical movement. The now massive households of these courtiers, including the slaves and extended in-laws, began superimposing their own religious tropes onto the seeming purity of Muhammad and the distant desert far away from the luxury of Mesopotamia. At the periphery of the new empire, however, the old movement was still in play and resisted these centralizing attempts by reaching out to Berbers and Persians to join them in resistance to the Arab court and its governors, especially around the equally pure and mystical nephew of Muhammad, Ali.
>>
>>2294199

Once the fighting died down and a short-lived peace established between the Arab governors of Mesopotamia, the inhabitants of the Arabian peninsula, and the local non-Arabs allied to dissident Arab mystics, a new generation of scholars fanned out across the empire gathering stories and traditions from everyone they could in their own quest for proper religion free of the corruption of the government and the cosmopolitan urban landscapes they were born into. Dozens of independent subcultures began to form themselves into schools, or at least student unions pledging themselves to a legendary mystic they took for a teacher. The end result was Islam, and it became synonymous with high culture throughout the Caliphate influencing even non-Muslim or non-Arab clients from Spain to India.
>>
File: historie 021.jpg (49KB, 640x216px) Image search: [Google]
historie 021.jpg
49KB, 640x216px
>>2294200
Also, the cresent moon symbolism comes from proto-Arabic paganism, where a moon goddess was worshipped.
>>
>>2293570
>Angel walks out of the sun one day
>Starts screaming for every bird to come and eat their dinner, provided by God:
>every living thing on Earth
Mondays really suck in the Bibleverse.
>>
>>2294138
If you are a Christian, ISIS wouldn't kill you if you pay jizya and do not commit any crimes which are punishable by death under Sharia
>>
File: 1479712992182.jpg (45KB, 387x337px) Image search: [Google]
1479712992182.jpg
45KB, 387x337px
>>2294020
>>2294032
>>2294191
I don't get it. He's right, only people who don't actually believe what the Bible says would protect their own lives instead of keeping to the word of Christ
>>
So many toxic ideas in this thread I can't even.
>>
>>2294208
Except the crescent moon symbolism predates Islam throughout the Middle East, and was most heavily used by Turkic Muslim tribes likely as a tribal emblem first and foremost.
>>
>>2294267
Well fuck you then. Sharia is religious law and most Christians today live in secular societies and obey secular laws.
>>
File: 1482297369283.png (34KB, 630x802px) Image search: [Google]
1482297369283.png
34KB, 630x802px
>>2294267
There's a reason why we kicked you out of Hispania.

RECONQUESTA

Y SANTIAGO!
>>
Islam's problem was that it was founded to be totalitarian ideology that controlled both private and public life in society. Christianity had moral codes but stately matters belonged to the state ultimately. Thus christian rulers were able to eventually overpower the church while islamic rulers had to keep working with islamic shit.
>>
>muslim golden age
>just use the knowledge invented before them and add nothing of value to it
>christian golden age
>take the knowledge of those that became before you and expand and build upon it

As expected of goatfuckers.
>>
>>2293479

I'm sorry i was just too exited to write down these feelings sitting on my heart

But be sure it was 100% seriouse and i wasn't just trolling or joking - and that is sad.

A few centuries ago people still dicussed about the meaning of life and the true perpose and explored the human soul and needs, people spoke in a level that we cannot even understand today. Today there is too much crap to deal with on a daily basis (Politics, Religion, Money, Sex, Reality tv shows, iPhones and shit and the list can go truly forever..)
These are the things that make our rulers life much easier and allows them to keep their mandate.

Open your eyes!

We are living in an age of brain slavery and the rule of money, religion, state and government.

There is a lot of stuff to explore and discuss about except politics and religion, start with this one for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5FNDRgPOLs
>>
>>2294267
That should indeed be the case if ISIS followed the quran, but why did they crucify all those Christians in Syria? Seems to me they're just a marauding murderous sect, whose only aim is to kill, loot and rape, and not really build a caliphate
>>
>>2293669
>>2293675
>>2293680
he was an ethnic jew, but raised Catholic
>>
File: arab wisdom.jpg (54KB, 499x367px) Image search: [Google]
arab wisdom.jpg
54KB, 499x367px
>>2293194
>Muhammads entire tribe were known as "merchant lords"
>his g.grandfather Hashim married the Israelite Salma
>this makes Muhammads grandfather ethnically a Jew
Was islam the greatest trick ever deviced by the Jews?
>>
File: 170.png (454KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
170.png
454KB, 1200x800px
>>2293194
>Yfw you realized Islam is literally the USA of religions
>>
>>2293616
>Indian and Persian converts
You are aware of the Islamic conquest of Persia and India right?
>>
>>2293309
>literal larping
my sides
>>
>>2293297
Anyone?
>>
File: 1485331444148.png (34KB, 124x123px)
1485331444148.png
34KB, 124x123px
>>2294780
Nah, Islam comes to submit you, while the US comes to LIBERATE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU.
What you're liberated from matters little.
>>
>>2293410
It can be argued that Newton is the greatest influence in science in the history of time.litrally unmatched
>>
>>2293828
The West actively destabilizing the Middle East and placing fundamentalists into power.
>>
>>2293647
>Einstein
Lol
Newton is the greatest scientist of all time though no one will top him
>>
>>2293194

No, because it does not and never meant "religion of peace".

Islam means "submission", not peace. It's a movement to rule the world, from executive to judiciary to military to religious.
>>
>>2294719
same applies to christianity
>>
File: image.png (365KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
365KB, 750x1334px
>>2293734
>this triggers everyone in this thread including the Isis brutes who reject science
>denying reality
Not even a muzzie.and yes Europe brought the greatest scientists ever but Newton even noted on the great achievements of Middle East
Also
ITT:non readers
>>
>>2295782
t. First year college freshman
>>
>>2293194
Peace through submission.
>>
>>2295782
What is Indonesia's excuse?
>>
>>2293647
You do realize that the word "algebra" comes from Arabic, right? As does the word "algorithm". And "paper". And "coffee". And "alcohol".
>>
>>2293309
cringe
>>
>>2293570
its revelation, not revelations
>>
File: 1459520559636.jpg (55KB, 600x790px) Image search: [Google]
1459520559636.jpg
55KB, 600x790px
>>2295950
Peace through power
Kane wills it
>>
>>2293550
But he's taqiyya-ing you, dude. Trust me, far right western nationalists are the people who know the most about Islam.
>>
>>2293550

Correct. Neither were warlords.
>>
>>2293550
No, they mean "submit to allah", which has absolutely nothing to do with "peace with God".
>>
>>2296588
"Allah" is literally Arabic for "God". It's also the word Arabic-speaking Christians use.
>>
>>2296597
Is it Allah or الله?
>>
>>2296597
I know some fools (like you) believe that to be true, but it's demonstrably false.

Some fools (like you) believe that the God of the Jews is the same as the God of the Arabs.

Some fools (like you) are in for a rude awakening. Hubal/Chemosh is not YHWH.

Jesus is.
>>
>>2296603
King James Bible
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
>>
>>2296609

I was going more for the Psalms approach: Only the fool says in his heart "there is no God".

But all fools are damned fools, and if you think I have not already violated the Commandment against murder millions of times, you are mistaken.

And if you think that Jesus did not pay the price for all of them, again, you are mistaken.
>>
>>2296620
King James Bible
Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.
>>
>>2293596
I think you better ease of the tendies my good anon, they are starting to rot your brain.
>>
>>2293194
Lets see
>followers have congenital blood (inbred, less genetic diversity, practice of marrying cousins)
>followers are uneducated
>followers are violent towards other opinions
>followers are intolerant of other opinions
>followers are hateful of other opinions
>followers are hateful of non-followers
>followers don't have a good hygiene
The religion dictates
>violence towards non-followers or not good enough believers
>girls to be married as minors to creepy, oldfarts
>expansion on more territory and more people
>conquering non-followers, converting them or killing them
>lying for their religion
>dictates having sex with men below your age
>but hates homosexuality (lmao)
>misogyny is legalized and enforced, women are less than dogs
>express hatred of europeans and africans
>express hatred of christians and jews
>hates dogs too (jesus christ, why ?)
>tells you how to wipe your asshole
>tells you with which hand to feed
>dictates every economic, social, legal, religious, conjugal, family, sexual aspect of your life
>dictates honor killings
>dictates terrorism

Truly one must be inbred and become inbred to "respect" such a heaping pile of steamy dogshit.

Lower than the dirt on my shoes and the skid marks of a hobo's underwear.
Piss and shit be upon them.
>>
>>2296603
It seems to me that what the words mean is not the same thing as the actual theology of what they refer to. Surely at least as used by Arabic-speaking Christians the word "Allah" is referring to the same God as the English word "God", the Latin word "Deus", etc. refer to? Whether it's their word for the concept "God" is a linguistic issue, is what I'm saying basically, and separate from the theological issue of whether it refers to the same God.
>>
>>2296601
Yes. Those are the same word, just like 北京 and Beijing are the same word. A word is a sequence of sounds, which there could be many different ways to represent on paper; I'm using the one that is easiest to type on my keyboard.
>>
>>2296603

>the 2000-year-old community of native christians in nazareth is doing it wrong and they're all going to hell lmao
>my televangelist pastor from the Subway™ Southeast Louisiana Reformed Baptist Church (established 1997) with a PhD in theology from the Disneyland Florida Seminary is correct haha checkmate fucking shitskins
>>
>>2293314
>Muslim countries
>oppressed Muslims
>>
>>2296850
Like two and too, or there and their?
>>
>>2296969
Those are words that sound the same as each other. Sometimes two different words share the same sounds, but having different spellings is not what makes them different words, being different words is. "Bear" as in "to carry" and "bear" as in the animal are spelled the same, but they're two different words.
>>
>>2296603
When arabic-speaking Christians talk about God, what term do you think they use?
>>
>>2296969
Those are homophones, that's not the same as having an ortographic and a logographic/ideographic presentation of the same word.
>>
>>2293828
>>2295782
Everyone gets triggered by answers for this questions cause no one wants to own up to shit but the short answer is a mixture of Arab stubbornness and western greed.

Long answer:
>Imam al-Ghazali bans the "manipulation of numbers" as he believes it is the work of the devil.
>Mongols sack the Baghdad destroying years of culture and research.
>The silk road becomes used less as ships become more common, the marketplaces disappear and the area becomes less prosperous.
>The Ottoman ban the printing press due to being too prideful.
>The west continually removing and placing their own puppets into governments
>The west funding extremists to remove dictators that oppose them.
>The west leaving the same extremists to grow without a care.
>The west trying to protect their petrodollar and oil interests
>multiple proxy wars in the area

Most of the Islamic stuff in modern times was reactionary to Western meddling. Look at Iran for example.
>>
>>2293218
The Catholic church literally wrote the bible that you idolise disgusting prot.
>>
>>2293584
>Umayyad expansion and end when the Abbasids took

And now list me the reason why there even was an Abbasid revolution.
>>
File: IMG_0408.png (88KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.png
88KB, 500x390px
>>2297210
>the short answer is a mixture of Arab stubbornness and western greed.
>>
>>2297763
The Apostles predated Constantine by a few centuries.
>>
>>2298820
Wow, who's this?
>>
>>2293295
So... bombing Paris and Brussels, driving trucks in crowds in Marseille and Berlin, shooting dozens in a club in Istanbul on NYE, and decapitating a french cop and a priest was all because of the CIA? Or wa that just the least part? Because even if it's only a fraction of Muslim terrorism, it's still pretty fucking relevant if you ask me.
>>
>>2299095
Yes, I know. After the Western kill 4 million Muslim in the Middle East. Who knew that the minority of 1% of 1% of 1% of Muslim pick up weapons to have revenge?

These 1% of 1% of 1% clearly represents the whole Muslim community. Just like how KKK reflects Christians.
>>
>>2299095
>>2299167
Not that anon btw
>>
>>2299167
Where on earth did you get that number? The west killed 4million Muslims?
If you count the casualties for Libya, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, you don't even get there and very, very large parts of those casualties are due to their own regimes, in-fighting and suicide bombs/car bombs/other terrorist attacks. Western bombing was a part of that, yes, but to say "THE WEST KILLED 4MILLION MUSLIMS" is just a gross exageration.

I didnt say those bombings presentad a muslims majorty at all, i said the represented a relevant part of muslim terrorism, which i don't equate to 'relevant part of muslims society' to be clear.
I'm saying it's ridiculous to claim muslim terrorism is CIA funded and aimed to destabilize the middle east. What i'm not saying is that that terrorism represents all of Islam.
To which you responded by defending it as self defense for a small group, based on fictional numbers.
Nice job anon.
>>
>>2299305
Fine, I'm sorry. It's my fault. As for the numbers, here:

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/unworthy-victims-western-wars-have-killed-four-million-muslims-1990-39149394
>>
>Criminal law punishments in Saudi Arabia include public beheading, hanging, stoning, amputation and lashing. Serious criminal offences include not only internationally recognized crimes such as murder, rape, theft and robbery, but also apostasy, adultery, witchcraft and sorcery. In addition to the regular police force, Saudi Arabia has a secret police, the Mabahith, and "religious police", the Mutawa. The latter enforces Islamic social and moral norms.

This is the country that is most representative of Islam and its culture.
I'd like to see someone defend this sickening behavior.
>>
>>2293194
>>claims to be a "religion of peace"
Source
>>
File: 1481952498139.gif (180KB, 169x250px) Image search: [Google]
1481952498139.gif
180KB, 169x250px
>reading an extremely short summary of Mohammed in a medieval history book
>his Islamic life is basically conveniently having visions any time he's under threat which authorize whatever course of action will solve the problem most expediently
>literally the equivalent of the kid who invites you over and when you do something he doesn't like tells you his mom said you aren't allowed when she said no such thing
>>
>>2303202
Who is this qt?
>>
>>2293245
>Of course it's not a religion of peace, as not any other religion is either. All religions will fight and take over to spread their ideology

There are quite a few religions that don't believe in spreading themselves, let alone by force.

Let alone faiths like the Jains, where they wear veils to avoid breathing in insects and they won't even eat certain vegetables because they do too much damage harvesting them and might have bugs in them, or yogurt because it's too close to a living thing.

I'd qualify them as a religion of peace.
>>
>>2304955
That's 美樹さやか, from 魔法少女まどかマギカ.
>>
>>2302217
>This is the country that is most representative of Islam and its culture.

I'm a Wahhabi myself but that's just wrong, we are a minority and are not representative of most Muslims.

>I'd like to see someone defend this sickening behavior

I don't see anything wrong with this, except for maybe death penalty for witchcraft.
>>
>>2293227
>Fuck, how much more proof do you need that Muhammad was a con man who was just telling people to do what he wanted because "God told me so"

That's every religion.
>>
>>2293652
algortithm is from the name of the muslim scientist : al-Khwarizmi latinized as Algoritmi

algebra is from arabic word : Al jabr

you have learned something tonight
>>
The chauvinism towards Islam from the Christian right is laughable

Just do the world a favour and die off
>>
>>2305034
If you want to abuse others you have to abuse yourself first or else you're a hypocrite.
>>
>>2306179
Then you are a perfect example of why Islam is the religion of savages.
>>
>>2306216

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>2306224
Islam is the most dangerous religion the world has ever seen
>>
>>2306223
Newton's Principia is greater than Al Khwarizmi's work
>>
>>2306336
Is that supposed to be a bad thing? What's wrong with savagery?
>>
>>2293194
the only people who claim it's a religion of peace are either leftists that want to push their agenda, or almost-secular muslims that just don't want to get bullied for a religion they barely believe in
>>
>>2306372
Dangerous to filthy infidels and idolaters, yes.
>>
If you compare the Islamic Golden Age 8th century to 13th century

to Europe's dominance of science 1400-2000

Europe contributed ALOT MORE to science than Islam
>>
File: px.jpg (17KB, 170x227px) Image search: [Google]
px.jpg
17KB, 170x227px
>Following Abrahamic religions
>2561 BE
>>
File: 1473213879277.jpg (189KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473213879277.jpg
189KB, 831x1000px
>>2306381
>>2306389
Animals all of you, filthy, barbaric, murderous, animals who need to be put down like the dogs you are.
>>
>>2293194
Islam is itself probably here to stay for the foreseeable future, for better or worse, but the problem is that we have turned the Middle East bit by bit into an apocalypse zone.

And the Saudis whom we call our allies plot against us openly.

Muslims as a whole are not the problem, but Wahabbi Sunnis.

Muslims of other sects are likely to agree, Daesh have killed a lot of Muslim, more than any other group in fact.
>>
>>2307126
>for better or worse
It's for worse.

>Muslims as a whole are not the problem

Yes, yes they are. Like all cults, there is no positive to the existence of it. It churns out people who will do horrible acts in the name of allah. Even non violent muslims are intolerant, and treat women like animals.
>>
>>2293309
We're hitting levels of autism that shouldn't even be possible
>>
>>2307126
>but the problem is that we have turned the Middle East bit by bit into an apocalypse zone.

They would've done that by themselves. Islam is just as much a political ideology as it is a religion, and it doesn't accept any other political system than Sharia.
>>
>>2293421
*tips fedora*
>>
>>2296938
Three of those countries are occupied by a non-Muslim nation.
>>
>>2293194
>What is taqqya?
>Taqqya? Never heard of it. Now pay the jizzya infidel!
>>
>>2293309
le ebin crusade xddddddd
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.