[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oblivion is objectively worse than hell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: hell.jpg (551KB, 1204x896px) Image search: [Google]
hell.jpg
551KB, 1204x896px
Imagine being knocked out by someone with chloroform or whatever, and then, unknowingly, being taken and strapped down on the ground. Afterwards, you are drugged every now and then so that you never wake up. You are not dead, but everything has taken away from you, and you have been taken away from everything and unless you are dreaming (which a dead person can't) you won't feel anything. This is why the "but you don't suffer!" argument is absurd, anyone who actually uses this argument must have a really shitty life.

So what about hell? You will actually be conscious in your stay there, and not alone either. If we go by any religion's definition of hell, pretty much anyone you know will be there, and all the cool people like Hitler and Genghis Khan will be there as well. Sure, you will burn for eternity but you'll probably get used to it in a relatively short time of your stay. You have more in hell than you would have in oblivion, and more to potentially gain, at the price of being tortured by demons.
>>
Gengis Khan is feasting in Valhalla though. Only cowardly beta cucks go to hell, heroes go to Odin's hall and live forever.
>>
Heaven sounds boring as fuck. What do you do for eternity, pray?
>>
>>2287754
Your being constantly fulfilled by an infinite God. If you thinking eating, sleeping and fucking will entertain someone for eternity your extremely unenlightened.
>>
>>2287759
>Your being constantly fulfilled by an infinite God

What does that even mean?
>>
>>2287780
fulĖˆfilled adjective
(of a person) satisfied, having achieved everything he or she needs to have and to do.
God provides everything you need and want by filling you with his presence.
>>
File: 1484877095325.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1484877095325.gif
1MB, 540x304px
>>2287759
So you're eating Gods salty load for eternity. Nah bro I'm good with the the time here on earth.
>>
>>2287780
>my vocabulary is so bad I don't know what "fullfulment" means
Fedora the explora everyone.
>>
>>2287788

So you just kind of hang out and do nothing for eternity?
>>
>>2287802
I like you!
>>
so sleep sounds worse than being tortured for eternity?
>>
>>2287822
To fedoras, yes.
>>
>>2287828
Atheist here and just woke up from a nap.
>>
>>2287822
The point is that you never wake up from it, and is thus torn from everything you ever had with no chance of regaining it or gaining anything new.

>>2287828
Fedoras tend to sugarcoat oblivion quite a lot.
>>
>>2287908
Do you experience fear every time you're sleeping?
>>
>>2287739
If I'm in oblivion I won't care anymore
>>
>>2287739
>anyone who actually uses this argument must have a really shitty life
So you're saying its valid if your "life" is shitty? Then OBVIOUSLY burning in hell is shitty, and therefore oblivion is better. Same idea behind suicide
>>
>>2287788
Satisfied would imply that people feel it, which they don't
>>
>>2287908
>no chance of regaining it or gaining anything new
You mean just like hell? except now you're suffering? You're retarded
>>
>>2287808
I think he was asking how god "fulfills" you in heaven
>>
>>2287953
Maybe he will meet his family in hell and they'll both be together experiencing torture for eternity. That probably sounds better to OP.
>>
>>2287808
>implying

Pretty sure he meant what does fulfillment entail and why do we recieve it or atleast thats what i would like to know do you just feel good? There is no desire for anything? Then are we not robbed of being a human (not saying its a good thing) and live in a world where adam and eve didnt get tricked into the whole knowledge thing. No thoughts no criticisms forever in the blissful world of feeling okay?
>>
>>2287739
Skyrim >>> Oblivion

>>2287837
kek
>>
>>2287802
The concept of hell was invented to scare people into visiting and, most importantly, donate to church every sunday.
>>
>>2288576
No
>>
>>2288648
Yes
>>
>>2287739

You seem to act like nothingness is something that someone experiences. There's no continuity of memory, there's no memory at all of it. This happens all the time with coma patients, they are so damn surprised when they find out how long they were unconscious, in the same way that you don't remember the hours of lying in bed every night. It all happens instantaneously. It's just over, you're dead essentially, if no dreams occur, your body just hasn't caught up to the mind yet.
>>
>>2287908
>The point is that you never wake up from it, and is thus torn from everything you ever had with no chance of regaining it or gaining anything new.

How is that any different than plain old Death?
>>
File: dhfgdhfg.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dhfgdhfg.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
>>2287759
>Your being constantly fulfilled by an infinite God

So going to Heaven means you get fucked by a bearded bara daddy for Eternity? Sounds kind of hot, desu
>>
File: sage.png (7KB, 200x156px) Image search: [Google]
sage.png
7KB, 200x156px
What kind of a fucking idiot thinks to himself "sleep is worse than eternal anguish"?
>>
>>2287811
You'll be first in line for the beta testing of the new world and the beings that would inhabit it. More than likely to die in a purge after he fuxked up agan
>>
is this fo real
>>
i just want to stop existing when i die, is it so hard?
>>
>>2287759
>your extremely unenlightened.
>your
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.