[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were they christian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 23966663103_e69d9c2d29_b.jpg (290KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
23966663103_e69d9c2d29_b.jpg
290KB, 1024x576px
Were they christian?
>>
>>2283734
>republicans
>men of god
Nope.
>>
People have a hard time grasping that the Founding Fathers weren't representative of the average colonial American
>>
>>2283758

Which is a good thing, they just wanted another King and monarchy. The FF were philosophers and developed an amazing system of government upon review of prior Republican systems.
>>
Deists.
>>
They were Christians in terms of adhering to some teachings of Christianity, primarily those of Jesus.

In actuality, their spiritual views probably aligned more with an understanding of the divine probably best referred to as (Spinozan) pantheism. Generally people of their intelligence eventually draw their own conclusion that everything is the essence of the divine.

They were men of God and followers of Christ but not in an orthodox understanding of Christianity.
>>
>>2283803
This. And Freemason.
>>
File: Freemasonry washington_apron01.jpg (229KB, 720x846px) Image search: [Google]
Freemasonry washington_apron01.jpg
229KB, 720x846px
>>2283734
George Washington undoubtedly worshiped the God of the Bible.
>>
>>2283734
I hate to be paranoid but these days people pointing out the "Founding Father's" religion usually do this to imply and advocate for modern day government promotion of Christianity above the fact that accounting to the Constitution, there is a right of all citizens to have Freedom of Religion.
>>
>>2283903
*according
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.