[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did the french use this flag during the bourbon restoration?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 20170127_105108.png (259KB, 1058x1051px) Image search: [Google]
20170127_105108.png
259KB, 1058x1051px
why did the french use this flag during the bourbon restoration?
>>
It suits their national spirit
>>
>>2282217
top kek xDDD
>>
>>2282193
This was their traditional flag from before the revolution
>>
>>2282217
I get it: white flag=cowards.

Epic joke FTW my friend.
>>
>>2282350
What did they use for a truce flag???
>>
>>2282420
>>2282420
The white truce flag meme was derived from this flag.

Before this, simply surrendering your banner, whatever flag you had, was sign of surrender.
>>
>>2282217
This is /his/, not /b/, child
>>
>>2282477
That was a middle age custom, then it changed to flying the enemy flag to say "I surrender" (this was somewhat used until about 1900)

So the meme comes from the fact that people showed the french flag all the time for like a century when they were getting btfo by the sun king
>>2282420
You show the enemy's flag(they always had these on stock for some reason)
>>
>>2282685
>they always had these on stock for some reason
How else are they supposed to surrender?
Heraldry and seals were a huge thing back then, an entire industry on their own.
>>
>>2282746
I'm just saying it is weird to have the flag of your enemy in the trunk, imagine walking around with an israeli flag or something
>>
>>2282763
I live in one of the poorest functional ghettos in the US, and half the people carry an Israeli flag, it's fucking surreal. There's even a guy who rides around town in a low-rider bicycle with the US flag, the Israeli flag, and a bunch of other flags strapped to it, and a small marquee with a Bible verse on it.
>>
>>2282770
>they even supply flags
Truly our greatest ally
>>
>>2282193
Upvoted for the win! Epic post my friend, it really bacon'd my narwhal!
>>
why bourbon copy umayyad flag
>>
File: wtb.jpg (286KB, 927x722px) Image search: [Google]
wtb.jpg
286KB, 927x722px
What's hilarous is that the French unironically waved this white flag in battle and won
>>
>>2282193
Because ideologues wear their political tendency on their sleeves

Red = revolution
Blue = liberalism
White = reaction

Many Sunni Muslim nations have green flags, while the most hardcore Salafis use black flags like Muhammad did
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.