[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Everyone autistically claims that they are the new Rome >No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: imperio español.png (288KB, 863x443px) Image search: [Google]
imperio español.png
288KB, 863x443px
>Everyone autistically claims that they are the new Rome
>No one claims to be the new Carthage
So /his/ who was the succesor of Carthage? My vote goes to the Spainish empire
>>
>>2282143
>who was the successor of Carhtage?
Rome.
>>
Germany
>>
>>2282145
>Rome
How?
>>
>>2282152
The conquered them and took their shit, they're the only legitimate successor. There is no other continuity between Carthage and anyone else.
>>
>>2282159
>The conquered them and took their shit
So you are turk that believes that the Ottomans wuz Roman and shiet?
>>
>>2282170
It could be argued they technically were and no I'm not a Turk.

Anyway, retard memers should realize that "successor to Rome" isn't the same as "similar to Rome." It really rustles my jimmies when some shit for brains Ameriburger claims America is somehow Roman successor. It's like claiming that [insert some right wing politician] is actually Hitler's son just because he acts like Hitler.
>>
>>2282176
>It could be argued they technically were
t.Hans Mehmet Ataturk
>>
>>2282205
Nah but keep flinging /int/ memes around if it helps you.
>>
>>2282214
t.Recep 'second ottoman-empire' Erdogan
>>
>>2282159
I think he means Carthage as a historical parallel
>>
>>2282143
I'd argue portugal is more like carthage.

Spain had a very large hold over Europe back in the day.( I'd say spain is more like rome in this context)

Portugal has stayed more or less the same size in Europe for...almost 700 years now? That being said I mean on the home from carthage was small, like portugal. But got the majority of its power and wealth from oversea colonies and trade.
>>
>>2282145
Modern Tunisia is the only official claimant.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.