[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

World War II

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Why did world war 2 happen? Why did Britain, USA and others declare war on Germany?

If it was because Germany invaded a lot of countries, then why didn't the attack the soviets, given that the soviets also did the same?

world war 2, ww2, world war ii
inb4 le tags are autistic
>>
>>2278969
Germany not only invaded a lot of places, they openly violated numerous treaties they signed in recent memory, showing that any attempt to deal with them through soft power was futile.

The Soviets more or less kept their word and didn't pursue brinksmanship games the way the Nazis did.
>>
>>2278969
There were numerous parties who wanted to attack the Soviet Union in 1939, plans were laid up for a bombing run on Baku

But nobody wanted a Moscow-Berlin Axis

Also Germany declared war on the USA, not the other way around

Think you've been on /pol/ too long mate
>>
>>2278993
should I be autistic here?
I think I will
>Also Germany declared war on the USA
true
>not the other way around
false
>>
>>2278969
Germany was a far greater threat than the Soviets. Attacking both at once would've been impossible and resulted in defeat for the allies
>>
In the run up to WW2
>Germany repudiates its war debts
>Hitler turns Germany into an authoritarian state by amassing total control into his office
>Hitler reveals he had clandestinely amassing armaments in violation of treaty obligations
>publicly rails against the western democracies of being pawns of the Jews
>occupies the demilitarized rhineland in violation of another agreement
>unilaterally annexes Austria
>pushes through legislation that persecuted Jews and sent them fleeing all around the world and inspires violence like the Kristalnacht
>promises at Munich to go no further if he's given the Sudetenland
>immediately invades & annexes the rest of Czechoslovakia breaking his word
>THEN he invades Poland on a trumped up pre-text even AFTER the western allies had pledged to support it

Hitler was spoiling for a fight.
>>
>>2279006
>Germany was a far greater threat than the Soviets
why?
>>
>>2279018
Greater industrial capacity, state organization, technological advancement, and the entire population wanted revenge for WWI

To list a few
>>
>>2278969
>Why did the USA declare war on Germany
Nazi apologists are bullshitting this hard now?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.