[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is law school the best path for someone with a history degree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Iustitia_van_Heemskerck.png (363KB, 564x794px) Image search: [Google]
Iustitia_van_Heemskerck.png
363KB, 564x794px
Is law school the best path for someone with a history degree?
>>
Job market is saturated but if you want to hangout and bang college chicks for three more years go for it.

>bankruptcy attorney for the past 9 years
>>
>>2278662
How is it compared to history?
>>
>>2278591
Also interested in going on to Law School after finishing my History Thesis, would also like to hear opinions.
>>
Law doesn't interest me at all

I studied History because it's the only thing I'm really good at. I'm enjoying it and I'll likely graduate with a good degree but I've no idea what to do after I graduate.
>>
No.

The field is oversaturated. The city I work for pays starting attorneys $46k. That's considered good. It's $2k more than starting paralegals.

Foreign policy degrees are also shit unless you can afford years of internships in DC and NYC.

Best bet if you're more of a logical reasoning person is administration degree, MBA, MPA, or MPH, or accounting.
>>
>>2278591
If you're British, then yes.

If you're American, then no. Far too many.
>>
>>2279431
Germany would be similar to Britain, i assume?
>>
>>2279123

You sound like you know what you're talking about. I'm going for an IR degree, but I have 6 years active duty Navy experience and 4 1/2 working at the NSA. Will that set me up well?
>>
>>2278591
You could always go into a masters in library information science program. Then you could become an academic librarian and they make pretty good money and it's a comfy job.
>>
>>2278725
Well, you can definitely get a job with a law degree. Not necessarily as a lawyer, but it's the most respected professional degree aside from medicine, so you're pretty much set for at least a comfy middle class life.

History leads only to teaching or death.
>>
File: A.Goy.s.Life.jpg (517KB, 1632x1088px) Image search: [Google]
A.Goy.s.Life.jpg
517KB, 1632x1088px
>>2278591
only if youre willing to work like a dog and perform well under stress
>>
>>2281231
sounds fun
>>
The field is over-saturated. Literally unless you get into a top 2 program, you'll stand around a 20% chance at unemployment if you get into a top 10 program like NYU or Northwestern. A lesser school (plebe Big 10) is more like 30-40%.

If you are alright selling your soul, may I interest you in an HR master's degree? The placement rates are really high (95% or so), starting salaries around 75-80k. Summer internships pay 25 an hour or more. Best part is everyone hates HR, so you don't need to have years of work experience like you do for MBA's, just good test scores (70%+ on the GRE) and a gpa over 3.0. Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue, Rutgers, Texas A & M, and Cornell all have good programs.
>>
>tfw my options are

Medicine (if by any chance i manage to get into med school, I will have to endure the uni trying to kick me out because they admit twice as much people as they can sustain. Also starting salary is government-regulated and smaller than what cash register lady at Lidl earns)
>Law (easy as fuck, therefore you can't walk 100m without bumping into an attorney office)
>Economy (dude work in a bank lmao)

life is hell
>>
File: 1484006578091.jpg (78KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
1484006578091.jpg
78KB, 736x552px
>tfw have a law degree but want to study history
>>
Become a commissioned officer in the US military
>>
>>2282258
Why would anyone want to become a lackey for American imperialism?
>>
>>2282267
Because they want to make America great again and enjoy $80k/year plus bennies
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.