[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were blacks allowed to stick around after the Civil War?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Why were blacks allowed to stick around after the Civil War?

Why was Abraham Lincoln's "Send all the Darkies back to Africa" plan never put into effect?
>>
For the same reason it didn't happen among free blacks in the North before the civil war.

Liberia sucks, and nobody wants to go there.
>>
>>2275793
>Why were blacks allowed to stick around after the Civil War?

The same reason you're allowed to stick around.

>Why was Abraham Lincoln's "Send all the Darkies back to Africa" plan never put into effect?

That was never his plan. But Liberia does exist.
>>
>>2275819
>That was never his plan

quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jala/2629860.0029.103?view=text;rgn=main
>>
File: 14596285599450.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14596285599450.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>2275793
>Why was Abraham Lincoln's "Send all the Darkies back to Africa" plan never put into effect?

I sure wonder goy. I sure wonder.
>>
>>2275826

That shows you're wrong, idiot. He never wanted to forcefully deport "all the darkies."
>>

Because that """""plan""""" is a stormfag maymay.

Lincoln supported helping former slaves to go """""back""""" to Africa until about mid-way through the war when some prominent black folks told him "lolno"
>>
>>2275793
1. Was not a concrete plan
2. He got shot
3. 13th and 14th amendments
>>
>>2275816
The people that went were people who were rich as fuck and in many cases pretty exceptionally mixed.

>>2275878

I think they said lolno because from what I heard they knew that America would not support them in anyway as settlers or colonists (on top of most likely attempting to strip citizenship and go "lel you on your own".) which was true since the pilot project on a small island in Haiti failed due to the organisations tremendous fuck ups that killed the blacks who went to the island.
>>
Essentially all the blacks living in America by 1860 were thoroughly American. They spoke english, practiced christianity and had essentially no link whatsoever to their ancestor's homeland in Africa. Only a tiny fraction of them wanted to go to Africa and any plan to forcibly ship them there would have just lead to widespread violence & unrest.

The colonization plan was from the very start a half-baked idea and a pipe-dream solution to the race problem.
>>
>>2276016

Not to mention it would have been logistically completely impossible even if every single black person wanted to go.
>>
>>2276047
I doubt this part.

It was logistically possible to ship them here, and they didn't want to go that time.
>>
>>2276054
>It was logistically possible to ship them here

Yeah, over two hundred years with profit as the motivation retard.

Now how do you do it in twenty with no profit as the motivation?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.