[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it take so long for people to realize inbreeding was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

Why did it take so long for people to realize inbreeding was a bad idea?

I can sort of understand why the peasants who probably couldn't trace their genealogy back more than their grandparents might not catch on, but why did the royals with their extensive records on family trees not realize that it only takes a few generations of cousin fucking to have fucked up kids?
>>
They knew but they didn't care don't quote on me this but the church did its best to prevent peasants from impregnating their cousins in its inception.
>>
>>2275678
Why didn't they care? Surely you wouldn't want your successor to be a total fucking retard who either fucks everything you've accomplished up with bad decisions or just sits there drooling while advisers or whoever actually run things.
>>
>>2275666
Royals did it because marriage was the way for them to gain more power without going to war (therefore not having to spend money on troops) and eventually there were only a few families in control because they became conglomerates and therefore potato babies

Also they didn't want mix with lower castes
>>
It was not a problem for cleopatra.
Maybe the hapsburgs were deficient from the start.
>>
>>2275762

Cleopatra was a fucking butterface with a nice body, she didn't win the whole genetic lottery
>>
>>2275762
having a nice body is winning the genetic lottery m8
>>
>>2275795
fuck I was replying to >>2275769
>>
>>2275666
Incest is too tempting.
>>
>>2275666

You gotta remember, they didn't know about genetics.

If two people have a downie baby today, everyone just says, "bad luck, mate"

If two people have a downie baby in the medieval times, everyone says "This is gods punishment, you are bad people"

So when the King starts getting the hots for his sister, he doesn't think, "Hey, we genetically shouldn't do this" he thinks "I'm a good, god-fearing man, there's no way I could have fucked up kids"
>>
>>2275666
Guy at the right is pretty handsome.
>>
>>2275666
Inbreeding does no harm most of the time, however if one family member develops a regressive genetic mutation, has children who inherit said gene and fast forward, two cousins with the bad gene have children, that gene will come to the forefront.
Inbreeding isnĀ“t always a recipe for disaster, however the chances something bad happens are a bit higher. If two healthy siblings mate and get children, nothing happens.
>>
>>2275678
By the time its a problem you're too inbred to do be smart enough to stop it

plus the advisors and regents aren't going to stop it, their power just increases when the king is a babbling retard
>>
>>2275857
>So when the King starts getting the hots for his sister, he doesn't think, "Hey, we genetically shouldn't do this" he thinks "I'm a good, god-fearing man, there's no way I could have fucked up kids"
The westermarck effect won't be a problem either since they grow up quite separate.
>>
>>2275666
Incest was always taboo even from prehistoric times
>>
>>2277966
stone age man lived more or less the same way wolf packs do now, so they had inbreeding
>>
>>2275666
>Why did it take so long for people to realize inbreeding was a bad idea?

Muslims still haven't caught on to it. They keep on marrying their 1st cousins generation after generation. It's simply rampant in Middle East.

Hell, most of deformed babies are born to muslims in the UK.

Muhammed keeps on spreading dysgenics.
>>
>>2277966

>Prehistoric

And you know this how?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.