[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immaculate conception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: ImmaculateConception.jpg (390KB, 787x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ImmaculateConception.jpg
390KB, 787x1024px
Can a catholic please explain why you believe in immaculate conception.
Please no autistic arguing, thank you.
>>
>>2272874
Because it was proclaimed as dogma by the Church desu. Pretty much all Christians in the world (other than most Protestants) already believe that St. Mary never sinned, so the idea that she was without original sin from the moment of her conception (I see it as sort of preemptively baptised) isn't a huge jump.
>>
File: 1477366485952.jpg (99KB, 1534x364px) Image search: [Google]
1477366485952.jpg
99KB, 1534x364px
>>2272874
why not an orthodox?
>>
>>2272874
Because it was a miracle.
>>
>>2272930
Why not an orthodox catholic?
>>
If you believe in God, why wouldn't yo believe in the immaculate conception? If you believe if God created everything, then putting a baby in a virgin's womb must be quite easy compared to creating a universe.
>>
http://www.wweek.com/news/city/2017/01/16/a-baby-is-dead-after-being-found-with-his-homeless-mother-at-a-portland-bus-stop/

Here's a recent immaculate conception right here in the US. God works in mysterious ways. If this can happen in our time, it can happen in old days.
>>
>>2272925
> For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

-Romans 3:23 (KJV)
>>
>>2274118
The immaculate conception is about the birth of Mary, not about the birth of Jesus.
>>
>>2274118
Oh my mistake. Well still, similar thing applies, God made it so.
>>
>>2272874
Because only a perfect vessel, freed from the stain of original sin, could have given birth to Christ.
>>
>>2272930
I haven't visited this board for a while. Is that in the pic the real Constantine? Did he really go insane like that?
>>
File: wewlad.png (502KB, 679x363px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
502KB, 679x363px
>>2272874
It's dogma of Church. Of course, it was believed even before that, that it how proclaiming dogma works - there is shittone of debate in Church, arguments are thrown at each other and when Council finally gets together there is even more discussion. Finally, Pope proclaims ex cathedra Petri dogma of church and it's sealed on earth and heaven. IIRC every time there was miracle shortly after that confirms dogma. Basically, it's Acts 15 all over again.
One my object that "It was XIX century, you cannot have dogma proclaimed so late!". But it's litterally not argument. We waited for Bible and unfided Trinitarian doctrines for few centuries. We could waited nineteen of them for Marian one (not really though even, it was basiclly known as "oficiall" Church teaching since XV century I think).
Now, WHY is Immaculate conception a thing? It's easy to understand. Jesus is two in natures and wills, but is united in union. Mary is not only mother of human, she is Theotokos. So she needed to be pure for being mother of Christ. That's the first thing.
Second is that Jesus took his human nature from Mary. He took from her ability to die too. But if he took from her Death he would took from her Sin to unless that she didn't have this Sin.
Was Mary not saved by Christ then? No! She was saved by Christ by all means. She is Immaculate only by God's Grace. This is why Gabirel hail to her as "Full of Grace"
Was she unable to sin then? No! She was able like you or I. But she choose to obey just like Eve choose to disobey. That's is the main reason why we call her "Blessed" like Christ tought us.
Was her parents Immaculate as well? No. They were born into sin. Mary is Immaculate only for she is Mother of Chris.
Then why not all humanity is Immaculate if God could done this to Mary? Becouse we wouldn't need Savior to dwell among us in that case.
This is basics of dogma. I suggest to check out Cathism and maybe apologists sites to know more.
>>2274124
Jesus sined then.
>>
>>2274468
>So she needed to be pure for being mother of Christ

I believe in the Immaculate Conception but I don't buy that.

>He took from her ability to die too.

That's just false, the historical belief is that after St. Mary died she was assumed into heaven.
>>
>>2274887
>I believe in the Immaculate Conception but I don't buy that.
What exactly you don't buy?
>That's just false, the historical belief is that after St. Mary died she was assumed into heaven.
You didn't understand what I was saying. It was not "Brian took his mother car. His Mother don't have car" kind of taking. It was "Brian took eye color from his mother. He and his mother have both the same eye color".
Of course Mary died. Then was resurrected and was taken to heaven. This is what Church teaches.
>>
>>2274468
Show me a period source for that quote
>>
>>2274957
I don't see why Christ would *need* to be born of a sinless woman.

Sorry, with the second point I thought you were saying that St. Mary couldn't die because of the Immaculate Conception.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.