[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meme general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: napoleon.jpg (166KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
napoleon.jpg
166KB, 1200x1200px
Was Napoleon really a brilliant military commander on the level of Hannibal, Alexander, Ghengis Khan etc.
>>
>>2272194
>>2272199

What innovation did he do?
>>
>>2272205
Quite a lot
>>
Meme general? He commanded an army of memes? Pepes, Wojaks etc.?
>>
>>2272223
lol
>>
>>2272205
Napoleon's primary strength was in his ability to have his army arrive at the battlefield before his opponent. He was more aggressive and ruthless in battle than the people at the time were used to as well.
>>
>>2272234
so he was sort of like Genghis Khan in terms of ruthlessness?
>>
>meme

Fuck off, cancer
>>
>>2272309
what?
>>
>>2272315
You can read right?
>>
>>2272324
nah
>>
>>2272223
well he literally commanded pepes
>>
Jesus this board can't even have a thread about neopoleon past two posts
>>
>>2272413
The first post was already shit, fag
>>
Napoleon is the best
>>
If I just focus hard enough, you'll all kill yourselves
>>
>>2272171
He was a good general, but not an adaptive general.

Napoleon's grand niche was field battles, he would amass large armies, invade to draw the enemy into the field to respond to his armies, crush them in one very decisive blow, and force surrender.

Once the coalitions caught on to this standard strategy, they changed tactics as to deny Napoleon his chance to earn that grand victory. Case and point was Alexander I's handling of Borodino. They battle was hard fought and the French took the field, but the Russian army fell back and still remained a standing fighting force, instead of breaking and allowing themselves to be broken like in Austerlitz and other battles before.

After that it was a game of attrition, make Napoleon's armies stay on the march and exhausted until the coalition could pick the time and place to strike, which happened at Leipzig.
>>
>>2272295
In my opinion energized is the better word. He faced aging generals and he was young compared to them with fresh ideas that was contrary to their ideas of making war.
>>
thats not wellington or montgomery
>>
>>2273361
>Once the coalitions caught on to this standard strategy, they changed tactics as to deny Napoleon his chance to earn that grand victory. Case and point was Alexander I's handling of Borodino. They battle was hard fought and the French took the field, but the Russian army fell back and still remained a standing fighting force, instead of breaking and allowing themselves to be broken like in Austerlitz and other battles before.

Pure bullshit there senpai
Borodino wasn't a carefully throught ruse, it was a desperatve action and the successful escape of the Russian army was more of a miracle than anything else

The Coalitions didnt adopt some ebin strategy of avoiding battle like youi're claiming
In the sixth coalition war, they kept giving Napoleon major pitched battles, but this time the numerical disparity between both sides was so important even Napoleon's genius couldnt compensate (Napoleon had already been slightly outnumbered in most of his victory, but not that harshly)

Napoleon still managed to pull impressive victory despite the numbers (Battle of Hanau, Battle of Dresden, Battle of La Rothiere, Battle of Vauchamps, Six Days Campaign...etc) but the scale of the numerical disparity meant he couldnt make them decisive
>>
How long did soldiers in the Grande Armee usually serve for? Were they restricted by a maximum service time?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.