[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US/Mexican War

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: America.jpg (28KB, 640x405px) Image search: [Google]
America.jpg
28KB, 640x405px
Redpill me on the US mexican war /his/

Was Polk really a racist egotist driven by passion and power, or did he genuinely do the right thing by claiming the northern territories?

Why didnt california get the baja???
>>
>>2270777
Mexico invites settlers to develop their almost empty northern territory. At first they adapt, but Mexico forbids them from being protestant or owning slaves.
they revolt and get owned, but Mexico starts having problems because the federation is disbanded and a centralized government is declared in Mexico city under santa ana.
nobody wants to help santa ana win his war because they would just empower him.
James k polk was a racist, and disliked that american were getting fucked, plus he was a politician that saw that it would be the best time to expand despite the US having a policy of not warring against other liberal republics.
Polk invades Mexico, no one helps Santa Ana, Mexico loses half of all its land.
>>
>>2270777
Judging by the state of Mexico today and the fact they didn't populate their Northern territories to any meaningful extent, it's a no brainer that Polk did the right thing.
>>
>>2273487
>Yes i know i stole your farm, but i produced more food and made more money with it than you could have! Aren't you glad?
>>
>>2273496
judging by how many mehicans keep jumping the wall, the US musta done something right
>>
I don't know if Polk was a racist but he was deadset on acquiring California by any means necessary even if it meant creating a pretext to invade & occupy Mexico for the sake of achieving that end.

To his credit he did offer to buy the land before resorting to violent measures. Though it's unfortunate that so many Americans as well as Mexicans needlessly died for the base motive of territorial aggrandization.
>>
We should've annexed all of it
>>
>>2273496
I see no problem here
If someone produces more and better with your property, you don't deserve to have it.
Not to mention Santa Anna was a giant fucking prick.
REMEMBER GOLIAD
REMEMBER THE ALAMO
>>
>>2273505
>wants more spocs
wew

Remember that Arizona, New Mexico etc were good to annex because they were completely empty.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.