[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teutonic Order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: Teutonic.jpg (35KB, 400x243px) Image search: [Google]
Teutonic.jpg
35KB, 400x243px
Tell me about them /his/.
I didn't really get shit from reading the wikipedia article.
Why did a bunch of Germans set up shop on the baltic coast in the middle of nowhere? And what caused them to eventually be BTFO by the poles?
>inb4 overused pic
>>
>Why did a bunch of Germans set up shop on the baltic coast in the middle of nowhere?

Polish dukes were trying to conquer neighboring Old Prussians and Christianize them, and overtime Old Prussians raided them in retaliation later some Polish duke got butthurt and invited Teutonic Order.
>>
>>2265720
>he fell for the justification for the Order's existance given by the Chronicle of Prussia.

The work /comissioned/ by the Order, in order to help them justify themselves against western criticms of their imperialistic venture.
>>
>>2265709
1)Gee wizz lets chirstianise these pepes
2)German mission to Livonia occurs
3)Oh god they keep lying about baptism and keep attacking us ;_;
4)Armed conversion + Sword brothers established
5)Danes show up and nab Estonia because 'muh economic colony'
6)German mission slowly plods around Riga, bftoing Russian princes and pagans
7)Polish are useless, get raided by the pagans because >woo free gold
8)Polish duke invites this new Order of Germans around to help him
9)Germans are wary, since Hungarians did this, then kicked them out after the raiders were killed
10)Germans arrive anyway, start building forts and advancing
11)Pagans aren't unified and are shit at sieges + no armour so Order rekts them
12)Order ADVANCES
13)Order absorbs the Sword Brothers after the latter walks into an ambush
14)A small part of the Order tries an advance towards the Rus, get driven back (about 20 knights), they give that up
15)Link up with Livonian mission
16)Spend the rest of the time arguing with the Bishop of Riga while fighting Lithunia
17)Crusaders are useless since they show up, go 'LET ME FIGHT', then fuck off when you tell them that it's not fighting time (normally they just go hunt a peasant or a deer)
18)Forests and weather reduces the struggle to 100 years of border raiding
>>
File: da9.png (342KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
da9.png
342KB, 600x517px
>>2265743
I heard that they were like the crusaders who did all the stupid shit like acting other christians and raiding places just for gold.
is this true?
>>
>>2266063
>raiding just for gold
More that Russians. (They got tribute instead of conversions)
The knights and the German mission to Livonia were more of a :
>raid for wealth
>BUT ALSO TAKE HOSTAGES TO ENSURE CONVERSION (srsly the pagans keep just washing the baptism off otherwise)
>>
File: 1484503367085.jpg (117KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484503367085.jpg
117KB, 640x640px
>>2266180
so where did the le crusades were evil meme come from?
>>
>>2266389
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_takeover_of_Danzig_(Gda%C5%84sk)
keyword: massacre
>>
>>2266530
More like pest control.
>>
>>2266538
>>2266538
Germans are very special, long history of losing against pests and subhumans. What does that make them, mr. americafag?
>>
>>2266585
Are you implying that pests and subhumans can't fight?
>>
>>2266593
answer the question
>>
>>2265729
so the order didn't appear there because some Pole invited them?
>>
File: 1483034645578.jpg (643KB, 1519x1155px) Image search: [Google]
1483034645578.jpg
643KB, 1519x1155px
>>2266538
>>
>>2267187
Top left is from an American university, mid right:
H O V E R
A
N
D
>>
>>2267187
Oops looks like I'm on /pol/ again.
>>
>>2266585
They usually kill lots of them though. The world should be a bit more grateful.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.