[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gulf War = Best planned military operation in history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Gulf_War_Photobox.jpg (274KB, 550x675px) Image search: [Google]
Gulf_War_Photobox.jpg
274KB, 550x675px
>956,600 Coalition troops
>292 KIA

>650,000 Iraqi troops
>20,000 KIA

>4964 civilian deaths

The First Gulf War was the tidiest, best planned military operation in human history, in terms of achieving its war aims.

The death toll was extremely low considering the extent of the bombing campaign and the number of troops mobilized, it was the largest troop movement since WW2.

G. H. Bush is an underrated President.
>>
>>2264927
>G. H. Bush is an underrated President.
Did he plan it?
>>
>>2264927
>G. H. Bush is an underrated President.
>Bush having anything to do with the planning
Neck yourself.
>>
Can we say that George W. Bush was to G. H. Bush what Napoleon III was to Napoleon?
>>
Iraw had that many troops?
>>
>>2265105
>By 1988, at the Iran–Iraq War's end, the Iraqi Army was the world's fourth largest army; it consisted of 955,000 standing soldiers and 650,000 paramilitary forces in the Popular Army
Numbers aren't worth shit though, when they're Arabic.
>>
>>2265105
pretty impressive considering they lost alot of soldiers and hardware during the outdrawn Iran-Iraq war, which ended only 3 years before Saddam's invasion of Kuwait
>>
>>2265090
unrelated but where does all this "neck" shit come from?
I was gone from 4chan for a while and missed whatever it's referencing
>>
>>2265137
It's apparently Australian slang. Just a nice way of telling someone to go hang themself.
>>
>>2264927
There was no way Iraq would have succeeded over America, it could be battle of sarikamish tier planning and would still be a success.
>>
>>2265140
right, thanks m8
>>
>>2264927
>G. H. Bush is an underrated President
Presidents role is to utilize the victory, military action itself is within authority of generals.

How did Bush utilized the victory?
>>
>>2264927

This success probably more to do with

1) The fact that all the great powers agreed and used UN to make the thing legal and well organized.

2) As a result, war goals were precisely defined and realistic, hence achievable. Saddam was left at the head of the country which helped to not make a long war against peasants.

You're president has little to do with it really, it's just that he was somewhat smart and not so corrupted. Though he can be viewed as a great president since your standards are so shitty.
>>
File: 1484758344767.jpg (78KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1484758344767.jpg
78KB, 583x583px
>>2264927
The first Bush certainly is underrated.

I am not entirely sure but i think he had an unimpressive record on domestic issues but he was pretty impressive in his foreign policy.

>Gathered an impressive coalition which provided legitimacy.
>Had a rational view of what the US was able to achieve.
>He resisted the temptation to engage in Nation building and imperialism despite winning an overwhelming victory and the victory in the CW.
>He knew that destabilizing the central region of the middle east would fuck up the whole region and open the door for Irans influence and ethnic warfare.
>Found a cheap and very cost-benefit efficient way to keep Iraq in check without commiting boots on the ground.

Bush Senior was a rational foreign policy maker who found practicable and affordable solutions. Tons of other presidents fucked up foreign policy due to imperial delusions and a deluded sense of grandeur. The american electorate longs for great missions and triumphs and disregards pragmatism though.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.