[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Objectivism a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0250.png (497KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0250.png
497KB, 750x1334px
Is Objectivism a meme?
>>
>>2263179
yes
>>
>>2263188
>"""""thread"""""
>>
Yes, while objectivism and Rand's philosophy are somewhat useful on an individual level, they quickly fall apart when applied to governments and economies
>>
>>2263179
All she did was take some aspects of other individualist theory before her and mash them together to write her own fan fiction. It has no application in reality.

Anybody older than 16 that seriously totes Rand as some kind of inspiration needs to seriously examine their lives.
>>
That's right. I'm opposed to all forms of control. I am for an absolute laissez-faire, free, unregulated economy. Let me put it briefly. I'm for the separation of state and economics. Just as we had separation of state and church, which led to peaceful co-existence among different religions, after a period of religious wars, so the same applies to economics. If you separate the government from economics, if you do not regulate production and trade, you will have peaceful cooperation, and harmony, and justice among men.
>>
Objectivism doesn't make any sense. How are you supposed to run a country with no taxes?

Every single economist says that's retarded.
>>
>>2263446
Does this mean factory owner #776693 has no right to call the national guard when people get tired of making 50 cents a day for 12 hour shifts and decide to burn the city down?
>>
>>2263179
>Americans can't stop sucking her clit
>Meanwhile you have philosophers that's better in every way possible, also Americans, who don't get even close to as much recognition.
We live in the bad timeline, don't we?
>>
>>2263446
>I'm opposed to all forms of control.
You're opposed to humanity.
>>
We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force.
>>
>>2263179
Imagine the whole of Western philosophy as one long conversation that is taking place in a room, with people coming and going.

Ayn Rand is the person who bursts into the room and shouts a whole bunch of shit everyone has mentioned before. Everyone stares at her for a second, and then goes back to what they were talking about before.
>>
>>2263474
Plunder works pretty great.
>>
>>2263540
This. To anyone who has read Aristotle, Nietszche, and Smith, Rand comes off as a borderline plagarist.
It probably takes less time to read most of Nietszche's and Aristotle's work than atlas shrugged.
>>
>>2263782
Until you have nobody left to plunder and the cost of moving your military, itself paid on plunder and not taxes, exceed your possible profits. Not to mention, you're entirely dependent on your military not telling you to go fuck yourself because they can plunder without giving it to the state. This is made worse by the fact that your soldiers are now more loyal to their commanders than they are to the state as the commanders are their source of income.

Have you seriously not studied Late Republic Roman history at all? It established a precedence that would fuck Rome with civil wars for centuries.
>>
>>2263179
No, but Trumpism makes it obsolete
>>
>>2263782
Taxes are plunder
>>
>>2263179
Yes she is retarded and does not represent libertarianism or an-cap

The logical conclusion of her theory of property ownership on intellectual property is lunacy

Hans-Herman Hoppe is the true rightful king of libertarianism
>>
why do people meme away objectivism?

whats wrong with living by the fruit if your labours? it sounds noble to me
>>
>>2264249
Triple H just carries Libertarianism to its logical conclusion, tracing the origins of libertarian thought to the type of arguments made by royalists in the early modern era and unabashedly pinpointing the philosophy as a type of neo-monarchial revival and wears it.

Murray Rothbard probably more closely represents the orthodox libertarian mindset.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.