[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who really fucked up here? Britain for thinking they could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: bostonteaparty.jpg (84KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
bostonteaparty.jpg
84KB, 638x359px
So who really fucked up here?
Britain for thinking they could fuck over their own people because the colonies were 2000 miles away?

Or Colonists for not going back to England to fuck up Parliament and repeal the taxes?
>>
>Expecting UK tax payers to foot the bill for protecting your colonial arse.
>Get butt hurt when the UK asks you to chip in for your own protection.

Yeah the lack of representation was a bit shit but it was the same for most people living in the UK too.
>>
File: 1465167388536.gif (161KB, 921x155px) Image search: [Google]
1465167388536.gif
161KB, 921x155px
>>2263026
>>
>>2262943
>>2263026
Long story short, like roughly a billion percent of history, both sides were in the wrong but America was a bigger cunt.
>>
>>2263026
Could have been resolved peacefully if the King didn't take the protestations in the colonies as a personal affront to his royal pride and hire German mercenaries to try and subjugate mostly loyal subjects by force lionizing the independence movement.
>>
>>2263091
Or if the colonists hadn't been such bombastic thundercunts sbout everything.
>>
>>2263107
I feel like history has proven the colonist more than right that they were better equipped to govern themselves than Parliament ever was
>>
>>2263107

No taxation without representation, faggot.
>>
>>2263145
>shown they are better at governing themselves
Are you sure?
*sips tea*
>>
>>2263398
>England give me money! We are a new colony on the other side of the world!

Yeah ok, but you are going to have to pay more tax and given time we will work a better system out, just a bit biz with you know, fighting the French and controlling the world

>RRRRRREEEEEEEE! More tax!
Americans went full retard
>>
>US would rather fight the British Army than pay for the British Army
>>
>>2262943
It's not the taxes, it's the fact that Parliament's mercantalist policies meant that the colonies exist only to make resources to ship to England, and had to by the finished goods from them.
>>
Didn't the colonies even pay way less taxes than people living in Britain?
>>
Rich people bullshit.

Most poor colonial BURGERFATS were like

>Holy fucking shit I live in a log cabin and farm dirt just leave me the fuck alone
>>
>>2265657
Those poor shits in log cabins were trying to steal the native lands in Ohio valley which the crown explicitly forbade as the natives were their allies and the lands belonged to them. Unsurprisingly theft of native land accelerated immensely after independence.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.