[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: united kingdom.png (35KB, 250x432px) Image search: [Google]
united kingdom.png
35KB, 250x432px
It's amazing how this little Island took over half the of the fucking world, creating the largest empire of all time at its peak

How?
>>
File: royal navy.png (95KB, 847x1024px) Image search: [Google]
royal navy.png
95KB, 847x1024px
>>
>>2262191
Christianity
>>
The Industrial Revolution and Scientific Revolution.

Which was mainly the result of them developing a constitutional government and being too far away from the big monarchies to get conquered by them.

The Dutch might have done it if they were a bit bigger and the Spanish hadn't fucked them.
>>
>>2262191
The Britons, if it weren't for Rome and their German allies, Britain would've been advanced by 1000AD.
>>
>>2262205
yeah but at its peak, the Royal Navy was unstoppable,

Not even the Spanish Armada could keep up with it
>>
>>2262212
did the Britons lose to Rome?
>>
>>2262215
This is because the British had an extremely strong economy based on strong property rights and corporate law. With this nice-ass economy, they could afford a huge navy, and they could make their empire extremely profitable to operate.
>>
>>2262223
correct. they started earlly funding their military with lendings etc.

most of all, google great divergence
>>
because the british race is most superior of them all
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 347x508px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 347x508px
>>2262191
>he denies being a filthy Celt
>>
>>2262191
A lot of it was wasteland
>>
>>2262191
Because of the channel + Spain an heroing their own economy with all that gold causing inflation.
>>
>>2262205
How did the Spanish fuck them

I'm pretty sure they lost their position as the greatest sea power after losing a series of wars to England
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.