[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical Controversies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: Battle of San Marcial.jpg (402KB, 1600x1270px) Image search: [Google]
Battle of San Marcial.jpg
402KB, 1600x1270px
I'm looking for some interesting historical controversies, things with fairly solid evidence supporting either side. Just need some brainstorming for a paper in an English class. My initial thoughts were to do something fairly simple such as Napoleon's contributions to Europe (whether they were beneficial, harmful, or a mix of both), or Gaius Marius' influence on the Roman military and whether he brought about a much stronger and better organized military, or sowed the seeds for the downfall of the Republic.
I'll be posting some decent papes in return
All ideas are welcome, thanks!
>inb4 hitler dindu
>inb4 OP can inb4
>>
File: Austerlitz Baron Pascal.jpg (2MB, 4000x1983px) Image search: [Google]
Austerlitz Baron Pascal.jpg
2MB, 4000x1983px
>>
File: IMG_0172.jpg (161KB, 1412x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0172.jpg
161KB, 1412x700px
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (170KB, 1600x964px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
170KB, 1600x964px
>>
You can talk about the Timurids and how, depending on who you ask, they were either amazing and turned Samarkand into a great city of art and science or the nazis of the middle east / India.

There's also Sixtus V, who attempted to rebuild Rome and make it the centre of the Christian world again with wide streets, beautiful churches and great plazas with free fresh water for all but to do so destroyed a lot of people's homes and old roman buildings.
>>
>>2261018
Thanks for the ideas! Will definitely look into both of those
>>
>>2261018
>they were either amazing or nazis

I'll let you think about this one for a second.
>>
>>2260906

Gulf of Tonkin
>>
>>2261042
Interesting, wasn't really considered anything so recent. Is there really an argument FOR the Gulf of Tonkin incident?
>>
>>2261040
>>2261108

You faggots always have plenty of holocaust and hitler threads to post about how papa Hitler made Germany great again in, can't you please stay there? We don't need every single thread to be about WWII.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.