[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Questions about bible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1485020563721.png (498KB, 925x919px) Image search: [Google]
1485020563721.png
498KB, 925x919px
>Luke 23:3
in this verse, when jesus says "you've said so" does he confirm himself being the king of the jews, or does he say the equivalent of "i don't know, you made that claim about me" ?

>Matthew 27:16-21
when the Pilate confronted by Jesus Barabbas, and Jesus the anointed
(note, "Barabbas" meaning the Son of the father, and the existence of many people who's last name were the "anointed")
Which one is the real jesus we're interested in? Barabbas or the anointed?

If the real Jesus ('our' jesus) was Barabbas, then does that mean he was released and not crucified?
>>
Im not the holder of a masters in divinity, so my taste of christianity gives fuck all to my opinions, but i would be willing to open this discussion.

>Luke passage
Christ here is not so much denying or overtly claiming his divinity, merley giving people who are listening the option to make their own conclusion. This is a more avante gardé way of approaching the messiah topic, as if he had declared himself the messiah as later Macabees would claim, he would have been killed inatantly for heresy, or been forced to start zapping people. He is inherintley supposed to be different from the more "old testemant" God who would strike mortals for their mortal flaws (job, saul, the israelite who caught the ark from the wagon) so we assume this is his peacefull way of bringing his true nature to the front without abusing the existing rabitical teachers.

>mathew passage
Can you post your version you are quoting? I have checked KJV and NIV and they quote as the following:

Therefore when they were gathered together, Pilate said unto them, Whom will ye that I release unto you? Barabbas, or Jesus which is called Christ?
Matthew 27:17 KJV

And i would be very interested to know if barabas is also known as a jesus.
>>
>>2260924
How is claiming to be the messiah heresy
>>
>>2260942
Well it isnt, if you actually are one. Essentially the act of claiming to be a god is abhorent to religion, unless you actually are a god.

In the abrahamic faiths, it is lined up in genesis, and taught through out the text, that humanity isnt allowed to be divine, and to claim or strive to become divine is against God's laws.
>>
>>2260924
16 At that time they had a notorious prisoner, called Jesus Barabbas. 17 So after they had gathered, Pilate said to them, “Whom do you want me to release for you, Jesus Barabbas or Jesus who is called the Messiah?”

new revised standard version
>>
>>2260964
The messiah isn't God in Judaism.
>>
>>2260678
>in this verse, when jesus says "you've said so" does he confirm himself being the king of the jews, or does he say the equivalent of "i don't know, you made that claim about me" ?
My translation says "Are you saying this of your own accord" meaning "Do you believe this, or did someone tell it to you?"
>>
>>2260996
>>2261010
My bad, so jesus isn't saying "yes i'm king of the jews"?
>>
>>2260678

stop using shit protestant translations
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.