[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about Berlin before the wall. Were people really free

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Tell me about Berlin before the wall. Were people really free to move in and out the West zone? How come they didn't all move there and escape the communist East?
>>
They would be executed
>>
>>2260498
>Were people really free to move in and out the West zone?

Before 1961, there were thousands of who lived in one half of the city and worked in the other. It was possible to go to the other side, however, it was forbidden to leave East Germany permanently. But since there was no border between East and West Berlin it was still relatively easy to just go there as long as you didn't make it too obvious that you're an emigrant (suitcases etc.).

>How come they didn't all move there and escape the communist East

Because most people didn't want to leave their homes I guess
>>
File: Berlinermauer[1].jpg (152KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Berlinermauer[1].jpg
152KB, 400x300px
I like how the west side was all decorated with cool graffiti and the east side was kept blank. It's a nice visual metaphor.
>>
>>2260498
>Were people really free to move in and out the West zone? How come they didn't all move there and escape the communist East?

you couldn't leave East Berlin to go to West Berlin if you were an East German, that was literally the fucking point of the wall you mug
>>
>>2260498
>Were people really free to move in and out the West zone?

oh yes, the wall was just a prank! If you crossed from East to West the GDR soldiers cheered and fired crackers to encourage you, then turned on big party lights to show you the way to the West! That wonderful German humor, so zany
>>
>>2260834
>Before 1961, there were thousands of who lived in one half of the city and worked in the other

before they built the actual wall yeah probably
>>
>>2260950
>>2260966
>>2260971

OP literally said before the wall you dense fuckers
>>
>>2260929
It may have to do with mine fields, attack dogs, patrols and spring guns
>>
But before and during the construction a lot of people did ran away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPG4zTdm-w
>>
>>2260950
>>2260966
>>2260971
How hard can it really be for you dense cunts to read two fucking sentences?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.