[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Wirtschaftswunder a meme? I don't know whose authority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 475893275273.jpg (66KB, 800x536px) Image search: [Google]
475893275273.jpg
66KB, 800x536px
Was the Wirtschaftswunder a meme?

I don't know whose authority to trust, were they just a bunch of blundering idiots who didn't do shit/sweep everything under the rug/not employ anybody, or did they virtually eliminate unemployment?
What was the German economy like?
>>
>>2259519
you mean after WW2?
>>
>>2259727
prior
>>
>>2259519
>did they virtually eliminate unemployment?
>blundering idiots who didn't do shit/sweep everything under the rug/not employ anybody
These two are not mutualy exclusive. They eliminated unemployment by eliminating people from workforce.
>>
>>2259519
There are a number of articles and one of the most famous recent history books on WW2 is largely about debunking the pre-WW2 Wirtschaftswunder. Does /his/ even read?
>>
>>2260042
what a shit argument, without citing anything, that's basically "ugh, do u even read" tier.
>>
>>2259519
Total Bullshit. The whole thing was done by taking out as much debt as possible, and even then basic commodities were no longer available, that even in the great depression were possible. The Nazi Era saw periodic shortages of Animal Proteins and Fats, with rationing only avoided for PR purposes (which means distribution was even worse), and a near total absence of most fruits.

Not to mention retarded shit like you couldn't sell or transfer ownership of most farms after a few years.
>>
>>2261819
Well, the question has to do with unemployment. Did they "virtually eliminate" unemployment, or is that a meme?
I remember reading that a large portion of their population was still living a rural lifestyle, which doesn't get as much wealth per capita/expendable income.
>>
If your uncle had a few reichsmarks in the bank and his wife kept a vegetable garden, you were counted as a subsistence farmer. Similarly if you worked in a factory your hours were cut to accommodate for the multiple shifts of other forcefully employed people. People who refused to work and fell through the cracks of even this system (jews/commies) were sent to camps to work for their food and lodging and 1 reichspfennig a day. It wasn't slave labor because they were getting paid.

The unemployment figures of Nazi Germany were true, but they used made up parameters that disguised the true nature of the system.
>>
>>2261878
Interesting.
>but they used made up parameters that disguised the true nature of the system.
Like the system you described above? So it was all due to kind of but not really slave labour?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.