[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gnosticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 5

File: TWI9_Fig7_280.jpg (29KB, 280x277px) Image search: [Google]
TWI9_Fig7_280.jpg
29KB, 280x277px
Repill me about Gnosticism
>>
File: don't talk to me or my son again.jpg (146KB, 1438x1078px) Image search: [Google]
don't talk to me or my son again.jpg
146KB, 1438x1078px
>>2258878

Honestly, it makes more sense than God created evil therefore he is all good.

If the demiurge created the world and all its evil and then Christ and his god came along to save us form that evil it makes more sense.

Shame Pope killed off all the Cathars.
>>
File: yE1zRvx.png (650KB, 1400x2700px) Image search: [Google]
yE1zRvx.png
650KB, 1400x2700px
>>
File: Get_the_water_nigga.jpg (28KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Get_the_water_nigga.jpg
28KB, 450x300px
>>2258878
A set pattern of beliefs concerning a hierarchical cosmology and the divinity of the soul which is does not truly belong in the world but must reach pure wisdom as to reunite with the godhead. Also syncretism all over the place.
>>
>>2258888
The Cathars were fucking up the social order and the prevailing religious racket. Their beliefs (what we know that wasn't burned) were very interesting though. Gnosticism in general is a very fascinating subject.
>>
File: Satsuma.jpg (232KB, 999x786px) Image search: [Google]
Satsuma.jpg
232KB, 999x786px
>>2258878
Wait... this isn't a Satsuma thread?
>>
>>2259413
What the fuck did they have against Choshu? Somebody explain that to me.
>>
>>2258878
>Gnosticism
"Gnosticism" doesn't real.
The term has been broadly applied to the Nag Hammadi finds which represent a corpus of literature that spans from more or less completely orthodox strains of Christianity to the myriad of subcults, each with their own individual doctrines, practices, and theology.

Ophites =/= Sethites =/= Barbeloites =/= Valentinians.

I HIGHLY recommend Kurt Rudolph's "Gnosis: The Nature and History of Gnosticism". I've yet to find a better introduction.

It's in my library, over in the Library of Alexandria thread, under the "Gnostic Studies" folder.

Don't fall for the memes.

>>2259308
I'd be really hard pressed to call the Mandaeans "Gnostic", but it's not like we have a better word for what they're doing. They're rather similar to the Yazidi in terms of their seeming anchor in much older Near East paganism, defying easy categorization. Hence my constant refrain of "Gnosticism" is a shit term for what we're dealing with.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.