[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Leopold I such a gigantic cunt to Sobieski after the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: leo.jpg (386KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
386KB, 1000x1400px
Why was Leopold I such a gigantic cunt to Sobieski after the latter saved his capital?
>>
>>2251139
look at those big lips and those dumb eyes and that crinkled hair
black people are right there were niggers in europe in the past
>>
>>2251139
look at this fags face, he just looks like cunt that needs a good whipping
>>
File: charles-ii-of-spain_mainstory1.jpg (15KB, 468x326px) Image search: [Google]
charles-ii-of-spain_mainstory1.jpg
15KB, 468x326px
>>2251139
are habsburgs even white ?
>>
File: LionelRichie1992[1].jpg (25KB, 500x262px) Image search: [Google]
LionelRichie1992[1].jpg
25KB, 500x262px
wtf is he lionel richie?
>>
>>2251139
>turks invade
>flee your capital city as it gets besieged
>allied king liberates it
>delay your return until after he leaves to pursue Turks
>return once he leaves then ask him to return for a meeting
>make him wait for an audience
>refuse to treat him as an equal because you're an emperor
>refuse to shake his hand
>completely ignore his troops
>completely ignore his son when introduced to him

ah yes the habsburgs
>>
>>2251420
They are their own race at this point
>>
File: 90d585828df5e4d4b6c039bfb7b82656.jpg (184KB, 1142x469px) Image search: [Google]
90d585828df5e4d4b6c039bfb7b82656.jpg
184KB, 1142x469px
>>2251420
>>
>>2251139
>>2251420
>*smacks lips*
>ayo hol up
>so you be sayin'
>*impregnates a cousin*
>we be sum kinna
>Holy
>Roman
>Emperors
>>
What he do
>>
File: Ferdinando_I_d'Austria.jpg (177KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ferdinando_I_d'Austria.jpg
177KB, 375x500px
>>2251420
ayyyy
>>
>>2251351
underrated post
>>
>>2251139

serious question, why is he such a huge faggot? just look at him holy shit
>>
>>2251701
see >>2251489
>>
>>2251489
Source?
>>
>>2251792
referring to Leopold or OP?
>>
>>2252808
I'm not sure what source that Anon would give, but it seems pretty close to the account given in Sobieski's letters to his wife. He basically wrote her every other day so the whole campaign is very well documented.

Is there a translated English version of Sobieski's letters? I've only seen a translation of the letter written immediately after the battle (https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/A_Letter_From_the_King_of_Poland_to_His_Queen._In_Which_is_Incerted_Many_Particulars_Relating_to_the_Victories_Obtained_Against_the_Turks._With_a_Prayer_of_the_Turks_against_the_Christians). It's a pretty bad translation too, more of an abridged version with several significant problems.

Anyway more to the point, the reason Sobieski got treated badly by pretty much all foreign monarchs he came in contact with was that his position was not hereditary, so really he was just a jumped-up nobleman to them. The politics of the day rested on alliances between dynasties, and Sobieski didn't really represent a dynasty, the best he could do was bet on one of his sons being elected King too.

That's part of the reason why Leopold's snub to Sobieski's son was a big deal. Sobieski was trying to marry his son off to some proper princess and try to establish a dynasty. Thus several times foreign monarchs would lead Sobieski on, promising to consider good marriages to get him to do what they wanted, but ultimately they'd tell him to go fuck himself.

tl;dr: Being an elective King of the P-L Commonwealth was a pretty shitty position.
>>
>>2252979
(I could give it a go with translating the letter about Sobieski's meeting with Leopold if you guys want.)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.