[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

antinatalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: serveimage.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.png
262KB, 680x661px
Prove that bringing a child into this world is anything but a selfish immoral act.

Protip; you literally cannot.
>>
>>2245758
>Be fruitful and multiply
>>
If it's that horrible they can always just kill themselves
>>
>>2245762
That's a sin
>>
>Causing unnecessary suffering
>>
>>2245758

>Prove the negative of an opinion.

This is inspired shitposting.
>>
>creating an independent being out of love
>selfish

Pick 1

>suffering negates the value of life
>suffering can't be overcome

Wew a lot of logical fallacies here lad
>>
>>2245776
>Reading comprehension

It says "anything but" for a reason, retard. It isn't asking you to prove a negative.
>>
Anti natalists are satanists that hate white people
>>
File: stirner filled with spooks.jpg (125KB, 849x1052px) Image search: [Google]
stirner filled with spooks.jpg
125KB, 849x1052px
>>2245758
>>
>>2245779
>Implying you can quantify any of that

Whereas you can certainly state that one must suffer in the sense of constantly trying to be fed and sustain shelter. You cannot say the same thing about overcoming suffering.
>>
How is bringing a thing that leeches your resources/time and that you are obliged to take care of "selfish"? Foolish and immoral maybe, but selfish?
>>
>>2245789

I don't understand your point. How is quantifiability a valid measure of anything to do with life?
>>
>>2245792
*bringing a thing into this world that
>>
>>2245796
Do you not quantify pleasure and pain experiences?

Do you not do this with any food you eat or event you are considering attending?
>>
>>2245781

>"anything but" is not effectively a synonym for "not."

Truly inspired.
>>
>>2245802

So you're doing a utilitarian calculation of a life and conclude that on balance suffering is greater over a lifetime therefore reproduction is wrong?
>>
>>2245813
>My own arbitrary selection of a synonym

Learn how language works, retard.
>>
>>2245815
No, that would be unquantifiable.
>>
>>2245818

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/american/anything-but

You can stop now. You won't, but you can.
>>
>>2245820

I don't get you point.

Suffering is universal. Everyone suffers.
Suffering has a cause.
The cause can be stopped.
Suffering can end.

Quantifiability is irrelevant.
>>
>>2245833
Different anon but that's not how the phrase is being use. You're a brainlet.
>>
>>2245758
Literally what Eraserhead is about desu
>>
>>2245833
Learn how language works, retard.

The post clearly asks you to in effect prove that bringing a child into the world is something besides or contrary to suffering.

Please take your autistic STEMtard uniform interpretation of language back to /sci/.

Reply and watch me beat you up, dork.
>>
>>2245834
You just admitted that suffering is universal and in the next breath admitted that such suffering can be ended but this is not a guarantee.

Therefore it is more apt to avoid bringing a child into this world as their suffering is guaranteed but their emancipation from such suffering is not.
>>
>>2245856

>not existing = not suffering

Unquantifiable.

The Four Noble Truths are undeniable sorry lad.
>>
>>2245844
I miss when positivists were the prolific shitposter on this board
>>
>>2245792
>How is kidnapping somebody that leeches your resources/time and that you are obliged to take care of "selfish"? Foolish and immoral maybe, but selfish?
>>
>>2245844
>Unironically being a descriptivist.

You're trash.
>>
>>2245878
I eat Positivist plebs for breakfast.
>>
>>2245885
That's not what I am.

You're just a buffoon that doesn't understand my particular language game :^)

No retort besides an ad hominem?
>>
File: 1484622376777.gif (3KB, 36x26px) Image search: [Google]
1484622376777.gif
3KB, 36x26px
>>2245891
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.