[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The nature of consciousness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_7978.jpg (490KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7978.jpg
490KB, 1180x842px
Post your feeling when you realize that consciousness is just an advanced way of your body reexperiencing past memories in order to learn from them. All you think or act, every single one of your thoughts is basically something that you learnt or experienced in the past, and the logical conclusions you draw from them.
Now you ask "I-if I'm a mere machine, then why can I have my own thoughts? Why do I know of myself, what's the point in that?"
Truthnis, you cannot invent anything unique, not even a single thought because everything you do is predetermined by your memories and experiences. Our freedom is a lie.
And regarding the question that why should we know of ourselves, this is basically a mechanism that advanced organisms like mammals or birds developed to enhance their chances of surviving. These races have to constantly adapt to new environments, the game is much tougher and complicated than microorganisms eating each other, that is why beside the subconscious functions we have a much better method of porblem-solving, and this is the consciousness. It unites the way of processing and learning from memories with the constant effect of our endocryn system and other internal/external variables that have any effect on us.
What is the problem with my theory?
>>
Effect consciousness has on survival =/= consciousness itself
>>
>>2244071
This
>>
>muh free will is a lie

Here we go again! Autistic STEMfags vs autistic philosowanks, round #20939092093092398890328959328593805283905832098509328084085309459834052837074027427203878374092384729374982834729837492374982739847298374
>>
>>2243899
>no free will meme
Not this again. There's a difference between CAN and WILL. We CAN make different choices, we WILL make one choice. You can't make both mutually exclusive choices at once, that violates the law of noncontradiction. One can reflect on their thoughts and decide to go against their beliefs "for the hell of it". I do it all the time.
>>
>>2243899
Idealism > Materialism, any metaphysics that can't explain consciousness is missing the entire point.
>>
File: 1478930876995.jpg (33KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1478930876995.jpg
33KB, 499x499px
>>2245098
Noncontradiction... is that like a contradiction that contradicts contradiction? Sounds a bit contradictory.

>You can't make both mutually exclusive choices at once.

You just violated the lawl of noncontradiction by making a choice of contradiction.
>>
File: IMG_3653.jpg (42KB, 750x494px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3653.jpg
42KB, 750x494px
>>2245238
You have no idea what the law of noncontradiction is, do you?
>>
>>2245097
lol

Free will is a lie everything is neurons
nuh uh spirit
but god
but spirit, no god tho nietzsche bitzsche (cute pic)
ahaha cute pic
lol got n e more pics liek it
ya
wait what bout free will, stop talking about nietzsche
nietzsche talked about free will but so did kierkegaard
but no god
god
i dont tink so
i do
ok
ok

I go on four chan too much.
>>
Free will is a lie everything is neurons
>>
>>2245356
nuh uh spirit
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.