[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reading American translation of Epictetus' Enchiridion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1479319929640.png (111KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
1479319929640.png
111KB, 300x333px
>reading American translation of Epictetus' Enchiridion
>All instances of the word "Zeus" are translated as Jesus
>>
>>2242913

Suace? That's hilarious.
>>
File: 1476395335393.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1476395335393.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>reading American translation of the Odyssey
>the lotus eaters eat Jelly donuts instead of lotuses because the word "lotus' is too obscure for Americans
>>
>reading American translation of the bible
>all instances of Elohim are translated as "angels", "judges", "rulers"
>>
>reading early 20th century American history book
>top gun music is playing faintly in the distance
>it's pervasive and doesn't stop
>kill myself to make it end
>>
>Reading American translation of Ramayana
>Every use of the word "Dharma" is replaced by "Freedom"
>>
>Read Canadian translation of the Vedas
>All instances of "soma" are translated as weed lmao
>>
>reading English translation of the Almagest
>Appollonius' Conical descriptions were used only twice, with the addendum being that a lot of the implications of his work had QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRADUMS IN THE FOOTNOTES AHAAHAHAHHAHAHAH

IN THE FOOTNOTES AHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>2242913
Once again the Europoors feel emasculated and inadequate at the knowledge of their continued world irrelevance in the presence of their much stronger, bolder, and free American protectors

So they passive aggressively attack the mental capacity and culture of such benevolent and noble people, like the whiny, homosexual, effeminate, pitiful creatures that they are
>>
>>2242913
>Read victorian edition of Don Juan
>wait why is this different
>This feels wierd
>look at title page
>has been fucking bowdlerised
>>
>>2242919
It's a joke.
>>
>>2242928
Kek

>British translation of the Kama Sutra
>All instances of "sex" are replaced by "hand-holding"
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.