[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were people in the late 1990s aware that they were living at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Oil production.svg.png (180KB, 800x554px) Image search: [Google]
Oil production.svg.png
180KB, 800x554px
Were people in the late 1990s aware that they were living at the peak of energy production/industrial civilization?

Did they know that it was all going to be downhill from that point?
>>
>>2242595

>mfw a leftist tells me electric energy will just replace shit like coal and oil

what do they think coal is used for?
>>
Well first of all, everything to the right of the line is fictional.

But more importantly, oil extraction is not equivalent to "energy production/industrial civilization." Energy production has continued to increase, in fact.

But to answer your real question, we've known we were close to peak oil for a long time.
>>
>TFW all you remember from the 90s was Sega Genesis, boy meets world, and 56k dial up AOL

born ten years too late desu
>>
>>2242603
>what do they think coal is used for?

It's a form of welfare for uneducated white people. But thankfully it's ending soon, as it is becoming harder to pretend it's economically viable. Nobody is building new coal plants anymore. Even solar is cheaper.
>>
>>2242639
>even when white people are accepting welfare they're still basically working instead of selling drugs to each other and shitting at the police

really makes you think
>>
>>2242653

White people also receive the majority of regular old welfare, but nice try.
>>
>>2242660
>majority of the population
>receives the majority of welfare
such a scandal!
>>
>>2242666

I didn't say it was a scandal, I just said you were wrong.
>>
>>2242639

>working a job in a private industry is welfare

why are leftist so retarded?
>>
>>2242595

Yes.

So did the people of 1912.
>>
>>2242696

A heavily, heavily subsidized private industry, that actively harms the entire country.
>>
>>2242696
>The government should subsidize me because I deserve an income even though my job doesn't actually produce enough value to justify my wage

Barely above being a welfare queen tbqh
>>
File: IMG_0019.png (68KB, 754x453px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0019.png
68KB, 754x453px
>>2242595
>peak energy production
>>
>>2242719
>>2243769

>hate coal because its subsidized

>like solar and wind energy.

really made me think. Also, where do you think electricity comes from?
>>
>>2242653
No white people just launder the drug money and consume it at alarming rates, opiates in particular.
>>
>>2243821
Ideally no energy production source should be subsidized.
>>
File: IMG_6154.png (42KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6154.png
42KB, 365x363px
>>2244184

Ah so you agree all funding for (((green))) energy should be ended
>>
>>2244348
>implying even China isn't moving away from coal making it non viable
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.