[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Historical Letters Thread? Historical Letters Thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 6

File: To MLK from FBI.png (897KB, 587x765px) Image search: [Google]
To MLK from FBI.png
897KB, 587x765px
Can be copy-pasta. Prefer scans. Try to provide context with file name.

Bonus if they're salty or mean spirited.
>>
Also if they're not in English, try to provide translation in post. If you can't, understandable.
>>
>>2242602
Apologies for the needless censorship on that one. I believe the word being censored is "wop" and "wops."

Which in America is an old term for illegal immigrants "With Out Papers" which eventually got applied to Italians in general.
>>
File: To FDR From Castro.jpg (568KB, 520x2488px) Image search: [Google]
To FDR From Castro.jpg
568KB, 520x2488px
Fidel Castro sent this letter to the then-president of the United States of America, Franklin D. Roosevelt, when he was 14. He speaks of his approval of Roosevelt’s presidency, asks the President for $10, and finishes the letter by offering to reveal the whereabouts of Cuba’s largest iron mines.
>>
>>2242629
Transcript:

Santiago de Cuba
Nov 6 1940
Mr Franklin Roosvelt, President of the United States.
My good friend Roosvelt I don’t know very English, but I know as much as write to you. I like to hear the radio, and I am very happy, because I heard in it, that you will be President for a new (periodo). I am twelve years old. I am a boy but I think very much but I do not think that I am writing to the President of the United States. If you like, give me a ten dollars bill green american, in the letter, because never, I have not seen a ten dollars bill green american and I would like to have one of them.
My address is:
Sr Fidel Castro
Colegio de Dolores
Santiago de Cuba
Oriente Cuba
I don’t know very English but I know very much Spanish and I suppose you don’t know very Spanish but you know very English because you are American but I am not American.
(Thank you very much)
Good by. Your friend,
(Signed)
Fidel Castro
If you want iron to make your sheaps ships I will show to you the bigest (minas) of iron of the land. They are in Mayari Oriente Cuba.
>>
File: Letter about shakespeare.gif (111KB, 1000x542px) Image search: [Google]
Letter about shakespeare.gif
111KB, 1000x542px
This other hath to name William Shakspere,
and they are both of one countie, and,
indeed, almost of one town. Both are right fa
mous in their qualities, though it belongeth not
to your Lordship's gravity and wisdom to resort
unto the places where they are wont to delight
the public ear. Their trust and suit now is, not
to be molested in their way of life, whereby they
maintain themselves and their wives and families,
being both married and of good reputation,
as well as the widows and orphans of some of
their dead fellowes.

Facsimile from a letter from Lord Southampton mentioning Shakespeare, 1608.
From James Halliwell 'The Life of William Shakespeare', 1848, page xviii (opposite p.1).
(Original published size 17.5cm wide by 9.4cm high.)
>>
Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou shallt not, thou son of a whore, make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- Koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.
>>
File: Japanese Come to Mexico.jpg (1MB, 1500x1283px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Come to Mexico.jpg
1MB, 1500x1283px
Chimalpahin an Aztec lord of Chalco recorded the 1610 visits of Japanese delegation to Mexico, led by Tanaka Shōsuke.
>>
>>2242671
That's a 19th century fake though. No one ever saw it or heard of it until it was "discovered" in the 19th century - or rather a late 18th century copy was discovered.

Why has anyone ever believed that gobshite I will never understand.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.