[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Henry VIII autistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: henry8royal3.jpg (216KB, 652x825px) Image search: [Google]
henry8royal3.jpg
216KB, 652x825px
Was Henry VIII autistic?
>>
>>2239573
not at all. he suffered a TBI (jousting accident) in his mid-40s that changed his personality.
>>
>>2239620
He had multiple jousting accidents iirc.

Why didn't Europeans just ban it or just ban people from power from doing it at least?
>>
>>2239638
because the guys running everything liked doing it.
>>
>>2239638
Rule of law was basically nonexistant prior to the 1700s.

I mean, even dueling to the death was still a thing into the early 19th century.
>>
>>2239643
>Rule of law was basically nonexistant prior to the 1700s.

Untrue, there were civil law codes in Europe dating from the Codex Justinianus c. 529 AD. Britain didn't apply to this, as it followed Anglo-Saxon descended common law, and the king was hardly subject to his law code even on the continent, but it is untrue that rule of law was 'nonexistent' in Europe prior to the 18th century.
>>
File: 42423234.jpg (40KB, 634x650px)
42423234.jpg
40KB, 634x650px
>>2239620
Apparently he was pinned under his horse for two hours and was never the same after that. He was sterile in his later years, as well.

>tfw people are unironically Protestant because an insecure and sterile neckbeard couldn't get permission from the Pope to commit adultery
>>
>>2239573
As has been said, a jousting accident left his personality quite changed from his younger years, and off the top of my head I recall some speculation that he might have suffered the side effects of several concussions over the course of his life before his final accident.

Basically, in his youth he was rich, attractive, strong, and powerful enough that people let him act like a Chad, then when he got sufficiently fucked up by his own exploits, he turned into a grasping, vicious brute whose fertility issues (and the associated masculinity hit that those caused him in that era) spiraled out of control to the point where we now have the Church of England.
>>
>>2239638
>why didn't people just ban fun things?
Because they weren't pussies.
>>
>>2240087
>hurrrrrr let's have the head of state do lethal activities with no male heir a mere half century after the devastating dynastic conflict that lasted for thirty years

I'm just amazed it didn't end with Tudors extinct and England fucking itself again.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.