[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the Edwardian era so aesthetic ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5551.jpg (64KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5551.jpg
64KB, 500x375px
Why was the Edwardian era so aesthetic ?
>>
Because you still had clothing designers who were White and appealing to inherently White sensibilities. to quote Nixon, it was before "a bunch of fags took over women's fashion who like to make them look like shit because they hate women." He sad this of fashion in the early 70s, but it's equally applicable in this context.
>>
Homos didn't take over the fashion industry yet
>>
File: IMG_6199.jpg (113KB, 600x690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6199.jpg
113KB, 600x690px
>>2238898

Because unironically pic related
>>
Wait until you see what the lower classes wore.
>>
>>2239148
No it's because people were trained in the craft of designing and making clothes, rather than having factory-produced t-shirts and jeans.

High fashion still exists in 2017 but it would have to be the people who are interested in fashion and who have the money (if they're not thrifting) who would be the people in OP's photograph today, since that was the case then.
>>
>>2238898
Because photography now let people judge others from afar and in huge numbers. When you weren't aesthetic before this, only a few people would have the balls to say it to their faces. After photography, people can ridicule others through magazines and newspapers and let public opinion overcome that fear of telling the emperor he has no clothes.
>>
File: minoans2.png (615KB, 827x542px) Image search: [Google]
minoans2.png
615KB, 827x542px
>>2239280
*blocks your path*
>>
>>2239425
Damn son
>>
>>2239425
*unzips bronze zipper of leather pants with erection*
>>
>>2239397
I agree partially, but must still pends on (((who))) is setting the trend. I read the DM every day (not ashamed of this, imo the best paper in the world).

However...they are also the only paper with more female readers than men which means they shoe a lot of dresses and such. In the past year, a trend had evolved where a female wears no underwear and a skirt so shirt you can see early morning dew. It's not even erotic any more like a reminder that we are living in We
>>
>>2240279
*WEIMAR TIMES
>>
>>2238898
Because photography was still new enough the plebs seldom got their pictures taken.

Plus, no WWI to drive Europe into self-destructive nihilsm.
>>
>>2239660
>pants
>bronze age greece
>>
>>2240279
>WE
>>
>>2240279
>In the past year, a trend had evolved where a female wears no underwear and a skirt so shirt you can see early morning dew. It's not even erotic any more like a reminder that we are living in We
You're British, right?
I'd imagine you'd only see that amongst the slags and chavettes that you'd write off as any kind of realistic potential partner anyway.
>>
>>2240279

You mean like you can literally see their wet pussy?
>>
>>2240279
Thats pretty erotic, shame I never saw that style trend here in the US.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.