[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which empire was the best and why was it the British Empire?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: British_Empire_1921.png (32KB, 1425x625px) Image search: [Google]
British_Empire_1921.png
32KB, 1425x625px
Which empire was the best and why was it the British Empire?
>>
File: lolbrit.png (477KB, 886x2410px) Image search: [Google]
lolbrit.png
477KB, 886x2410px
>>
>>2238036
More like that "we did this for India but the rest is kinda cool I guess" Empire
>>
>>2238038
>Italy
>Responsible for Rome

>Spain
>Somehow gaining Germany through inheritance is an achievement
>Germany
>Took France, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands and Belgium and Poland, all significantly weaker
>>
>>2238484
>Somehow gaining Germany through inheritance is an achievement
the achievement was defending it from everything including itself
>>
>>2238591
SSSHHH... You will trigger /pol/
>>
Objectively russians
>>
>>2238038
Shouldn't the Spanish Empire include their territories in the Americas?
>>
>>2238618
>/pol/ bogeyman

You're skirting the edge of mental illness.
>>
>>2238484
>all significantly weaker
yeah,uinlike britain that defeated the super strong natives, poos and chinks
>>
>>2238038
>No Swedish edit
>>
1. Roman Empire
2. British Empire
3. American Hegemony
4. Mongol Empire
5. Ottoman Empire
6. French Empire
7. Persian Empire
>>
>>2238637
>Triggered
>>
>>2238648
You realize Britain had to fight other powers for that land?
>>
>>2238962
not just that but in india large armies of european trained and equipped troops commanded by european mercenaries, and largely done with armies of sepoys with tiny european contingents, generally speaing the british had at best parity in european style infantry and a significant numerical inferiority in terms of native equipped infantry.

the remarkable thing about the conquest of india by the british was the tiny numbers of british troops involved
>>
>>2239222
>the remarkable thing about the conquest of india by the british was the tiny numbers of british troops involved

Nothing remarkable about it when you consider that Brits just jewed out and played one kingdom against other which means they had at their side any time a significant portion of native armies that just had to be equipped with european weaponry for the decisive edge.

India unlike other colonies always had a long tradition of organized war and the Brits were able to easily organize them
>>
>>2238716 I like how this guy included American Hegemony.

I've been arguing this point for a while to fellow modern Historians that I come in contact with.

Though America Might seem to have disbanded its Imperialistic notions in the past, there has certainly been a different style of empire taking place in the modern world. perhaps it has slowed down some in the other 1st world countries but across the globe, so many third world countries have been simulating with the united states. Of course this is both actively and passively, as well as by force and by will. By which terms is in a way Hegemony.

anyone care to put in their opinion on this or desire for me to expand?
>>
File: British_lion_and_Union_flag.jpg (109KB, 1104x580px) Image search: [Google]
British_lion_and_Union_flag.jpg
109KB, 1104x580px
>>2238038
>Only one map is a world map
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.