[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In cultures where the marrying young was common. How soon did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: twins.jpg (190KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
twins.jpg
190KB, 1024x690px
In cultures where the marrying young was common. How soon did they expect Consumation? I imagine a couple of 13 year olds weren't expected to consummate the marraige on their wedding night?
>>
of course they were.
They were horny teenagers.
>>
>>2236508

> I imagine a couple of 13 year olds weren't expected to consummate the marraige on their wedding night?

you imagine wrong
>>
> I imagine a couple of 13 year olds
13 year old an 25-30 year old*
>>
>>2236508
I was jacking it like three times a day at 13. Would have loved to have sex.
>>
>>2236508
>expect Consumation? I imagine a couple of 13 year olds weren't expected to consummate the marraige on their wedding night?

For royal marriages, at least, consummation was expected on the wedding night, with the royal family and nobles watching, or at least waiting behind the door.

Though, for normal people, I'd speculate nothing was really "expected", but the young couple was still put in a room together on wedding night.
>>
>>2236552
Some newlyweds dont even know what sex is.
>>
>>2236552
>For royal marriages, at least, consummation was expected on the wedding night, with the royal family and nobles watching, or at least waiting behind the door.
This. Since an unconsumated marriage could be dissolved it was really importat to make it official as soon as possible.

Other than that, there's a difference between arrangin a marriage and actually celebrating it. A couple could be "wed" at 5 years of age but that was just a contract to be fulfullid later with the actual marriage ceremony when they're older.

Of course this varies by region and time period.
>>
>>2236514
is it time for the pedo-permavirgins to start rolling out their qt3.14 fantasies already?
>>
>>2236677

Not that guy, but every account on the history of Rome will mention how this was pretty fucking common. Particularly for the guy to be on this second or third marriage. Pompeii and Cicero are standout examples of this.
>>
The woman would be a teenage virgin and the man a guy in his late 20s whose father took him to brothels since he was 16 to "become a man". The man would know what to do, the girl would not.
>>
>>2236701
There many cultures with young marraige ages where this isnt the case.
>>
>>2236773
Are you saying you're 16?
>>
>>2236777
Moooooddddssss
>>
>>2236785
It's not the age gap newfriend, it's the fact you were honest when you admitted that you're under 18 on a Christian image-board, (probably without your parents permission might I add).
>get_thee_gone
>>
Be 30 wanting to date 18-21 year olds. Looking for a bride.
>>
>>2236508
Well I don't know really, what I do know is that just two centuries ago the average age malnourished peasant girls got their menarche on average was at the age of 15-17, compared to the modern average of 11-13.
>>
>>2236690
Not really. It was common among Aristocrats like Cicero and Pompey for whom marriage was a major commercial arrangement and sometimes that lead to quirky relationships but for the average bloke in the street they generally married within their peer group, as people are want to do today
>>
>>2236690
>>2238444
It's also worth pointing out that Cicero's case was a major scandal in Roman society. Even his peers thought that it was creepy and weird that a man in his 60's was marrying a 12 year old child purely because her father was loaded and he was in desperate need of money.

His response: "she'll be a woman by the morning"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.