[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watcha reading /his/? Right now I am jumping between "LEGIONARY"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 9781250004710.jpg (582KB, 802x1000px) Image search: [Google]
9781250004710.jpg
582KB, 802x1000px
Watcha reading /his/?

Right now I am jumping between "LEGIONARY" and "Legions of Rome". "LEGIONARY" is fun, but gets some minor points wrong (which is to be expected) while "Legions of Rome" is much tighter and academic.

Either way, I am having a blast reading them. So much god damn good info I wasn't privy to. I hate that I wasted my time with the inaccurate, and long, "Caesar's Legion" late last year.

I also just finished "The Uniforms of The Roman World" which had some great illustrations, but was pretty repetitive and the credibility is circumspect. Further, some Anon said they were reading "Public Order in Ancient Rome", and that fucking thing (despite being only 112 pages minus the epilogue, bibliographical essay, bibliography, and index) is a monolith of boredom and excessive citations. I've never been so taken out of a text as I have been with that fucking pamphlet. Plus it was expensive as a mother fucker. I never thought I'd find such an interesting topic so boring.
>>
>>2231663
I'm reading this. The book started out fine but got sjwish later on. For those who have read it, should I keep going or just stop?
>>
>>2231874
>sjwish later on.

how
>>
I'm reading "Rome and Jerusalem" at the moment. It's actually quite good, and despite the author himself being Jewish he's not aggressively Zionist/nationalistic at all in his interpretation of the eventual Jewish Wars.

I'm also burning through some Osprey PDF's that some gracious anon put out around Christmas.
>>
>>2231874

First of all, turn that shit off. You know what I am talking about.

Secondly, I couldn't get into that thing. Him starting off the book with a story about his mother? It's so fucking Jew-y.
>>
>>2231879
When he talks about slavery it's mostly about the le evil white man oppressing non-whites. He only glosses over about the other civilizations who enslaved.
The+n goes on about patriarchy.
>>
>>2231663
Atm reading :The Soviet Experiment: Russia, the USSR, and the Successor States

Interesting book on how communism evolved and adapted to the world. It was one thing in the beginning and completely different in ideology and beliefs after the civil war. Lenin was a hypocrite.

Next books: The Inheritance of Rome, Rubicon: The Last Years of the Roman Republic, Guns, Germs, and Steel
>>
>>2231663
Caligula, the corruption of power.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.