[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do ideas exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1466525463030.png (454KB, 668x445px) Image search: [Google]
1466525463030.png
454KB, 668x445px
Do ideas exist?
>>
Nope, only memes exist in the human mind
>>
>>2231116
They exist in the sense that waifus exist and redness exist and light and heavy exist.

They don't have a physical sense, so if you're a pure physicalist you'd have issues with all the ideas of the world.
>>
>>2231123
>They don't have a physical sense
Memories are physically stored in the brain, are they not?
How can it be that an idea doesn't exist in a real physical way if it has to be stored in a physical object in order to be an idea?
>>
>>2231140
There is no "light and fluffy waifu" storage in the memory. There is no "delicious red apple" in the memory. Physically speaking, those terms are pure concept with no physical ties.

In the brain there are chemicals firing, but chemicals are not ideas.
>>
>>2231163
I will speculate that it is possible to scan the brain - the strength of neuron paths, their position, their charge, and calculate that brain's memories.

Thus since memories can be recreated from physical things, they can be said to be that configuration of neurons and charges, the same way we call "a human" the configuration of cells, bacteria, fluids and energy that makes one.

No one will argue humans aren't real, so why argue ideas aren't?
>>
File: 1394685143424.jpg (568KB, 1907x896px) Image search: [Google]
1394685143424.jpg
568KB, 1907x896px
>>2231163
Every time your neuron fires, chemical residues coat the neurons. That's why overstimulating certain neurons can lead to them no longer working; a buildup of residue.
An idea is a pattern of thinking, in the sense that it is a memory which is accessed again and again. Do that enough times and there should be a physical trace left in the brain, a trail of breadcrumbs, left by electrical impulses working their way down certain neural pathways.
>>
>>2231185
>>2231180
>certain combination of neuron firing = red color of apple being eaten by a loli waifu
k e k
>>
>>2231204
The configuration of neurons, paths and charge is what a memory is, just like the amount of light reflected is what a color is.
>>
>>2231217
Me fucking ur mom's ass last night is in ur memory now.

checkm8
>>
>>2231230
I accept your surrender, though I wish you'd deliver it in a more respectful manner next time.
>>
>>2231217
>just like the amount of light reflected is what a color is
no
>>
>>2231233
ur dum m8
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.