[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong for Japan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 40

File: government-debt-per-capita-0bb2.jpg (406KB, 1600x1847px) Image search: [Google]
government-debt-per-capita-0bb2.jpg
406KB, 1600x1847px
What went wrong for Japan?
>>
nothing

Other than long hours of making pretend to work and smallish apartments, Japan is objectively the best society on earth
>>
>>2227782
You know nothing about Japan
>>
>>2227782
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kar%C5%8Dshi
>>
>>2227911
by what metric is Japan a bad place to live? crime rate? rape statistics? HIV infection rate? drug consumption rates? hdi? racial tensions?

Japan is objectively the best place to live on planet earth
>>
japan has the ability to pay that down, ireland is fucked unless the debt can be paid in cows and rocks
>>
Debt = good you morons lrn2finance
>>
>>2227774
high saving levels so the the government must spend what people will not?
>>
>>2227774
Japan owes mostly all of that debt to its own citizens, not foreign banks or powers.
>>
>>2227918

They aren't diverse enough.
>>
>>2227948
You forgot sheep brothels
>>
>>2227978

God I would love to live in a country that isn't constantly beset with "race issues"

Japan will probably be the first to come up with a viable form of national basic income and AI economic integration
>>
>>2227954
explain
>>
>>2228164
Not that anon but he's exaggerating, but debt and debt servicing gives your country a consistent credit rating.
>>
>>2227918
>by what metric is Japan a bad place to live
it's estimated that due to current demographic trends Japan's population will be HALF of what it is today by 2050, that situation is totally unprecedented and who knows what kind of chaos it will cause

>all companies have half as many customers and will suffer severe losses
>half of all real estate will go idle and be unmaintained
>extreme labor shortages for jobs not in high demand
>>
>>2227774
I wonder what would happen if Japan defaulted on its internal debts (which is the bulk of it)?
>>
>>2228057
The Free Market will likely fix it.
>>
>>2228174
there is literally nothing wrong with a contraction in population when half of Tokyo lives in shoe boxes
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 256x232px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 256x232px
>>2227918
Dying out rapidly.

Immense amount of depression.

Massive amounts of suicide.
>>
>>2227975
Still has to be paid dumbfuck
>>
>>2228326
Japan has a similar population density to Belgium or the Netherlands.

Really not all that dense. Most Japanese live in houses/apartments similar to that of Europeans.
>>
File: image.jpg (158KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158KB, 1136x640px
Commencing dump that explains what went wrong
>>
>>2227774
Commodore Perry happened.
>>
>>2228492
There is literally nothing wrong with a culture where you must commit suicide to preserve your honor if you are a failure in fact we should foster it.
>>
>>2227774

Japan artificially devalues its currency.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1136x640px
>>2228519
>>
File: image.jpg (148KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 1136x640px
>>2228531
Although this is correct (unlike the Trump claim against China), it's not the cause.
Their devalued currency is actually the only reason their economy even still grows.

>>2228534
>>
>>2228541

difference between Japan is that they invest in US jobs too. Theres a big Toyota plant that makes camrys they built and Japs also employ alot of dealers, mechanics overall a net benefit for us unlike China.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 560x311px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 560x311px
>>2228541
For example
http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/051515/impact-exchange-rates-japans-economy.asp
>>
>>2227774
Keynesian economics what else?
>>
File: pepe.jpg (12KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
12KB, 188x268px
>>2227774

>Iran
>$0.6K
>>
>>2228492
Signs of a prosperous and safe society really.
>>
File: gytr2-546x360.png (272KB, 546x360px) Image search: [Google]
gytr2-546x360.png
272KB, 546x360px
>>2227918
>All my information about Japan is animu, waifuism, my weeaboo rose-tinted glasses, Fast and Furious, and images of Tokyo.
>JAPAN IS DOING GOOD HATERS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaxgmmjNrpA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-R547pAUIA
>>
>>2228564
>unlike China.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh wrong
https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-CJB-29645%3Fresponsive%3Dy?client=safari
https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/BL-CJB-29645%3Fresponsive%3Dy?client=safari

Top investor in the US in 2016.
>>
>>2228564
thats cause we threatened them sanctions in the 1980s
>>
>>2227774
Why is every country on earth in debt?
>>
>>2228606
Anime is a pretty accurate portrayal of japanese society if you pay attention to the background like barely any crime in Japan for example, everyone healthy and people being pressured to suicide because adult life sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 261x253px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 261x253px
>>2228608
Yeah and then this happened to their economy>>2228567
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 750x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 750x411px
>>2228621
>Anime is a pretty accurate portrayal of japanese society
No. It is not.
>>
>>2228638
but the two aren't related right? the japanese collapse was some kind of real estate or banking bubble iirc
>>
>>2228606
Japan has disgusting neets but is basically a crime free paradise

America has disgusting neets and is basically a ?????????

Liberalcucks love to deride Japan because they're a homogeneous monoracial xenophobic society
>>
>>2228657
>There have been some violent swings between the Japanese yen and other currencies exchange rate in the past 30 years. In the early 1980s the Yen generally traded somewhere in a band between 200 and 270 per dollar. But in September 1985 the world's major western economies gathered in New York and decided to devalue the dollar, an agreement that became known as the Plaza Accord. This set off a trend of the yen strengthening over the next decade that ended with the exchange rate nearly reaching 80 yen/dollar. That's an astonishing 184% appreciation in the yen's value. While that was great for Japanese tourists and companies wanting to conduct M&A in the United States, it wasn't particularly good for Japanese exporters that wanted to sell their goods to American consumers. And in fact, this sharp strengthening of the yen is one of the key factors often cited for leading to the building and then busting of Japan's Bubble Economy in the late 1980s, a period that was followed by over two decades of economic stagnation and price deflation. (To learn more, read: The Plaza Accord: The World Intervenes In Currency Markets).

Read more: The Impact of Exchange Rates on Japan's Economy | Investopedia http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/051515/impact-exchange-rates-japans-economy.asp#ixzz4VrnUVqwe
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
>>
There isn't a Russia or a N. Korea what's up with that?
>>
>>2228664
You have to go back.
>>
>>2228672
Shitholes have no debt because no one lends to them. Plus they rather not service the high interest rate and then have a Greece
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 750x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 750x483px
>>
>>2228174
I was wondering about this for a long time: are real estate prices dropping to the bottom in Japan due to the population loss? Or would the Japanese government prevent me, as foreigner, of buying houses?
A Japanese house in a neighbourhood without neighbors sounds pretty much as comfy as it gets.
>>
>>2228694
>monetarism
>>
>>2228716
If you want to guarantee losing your money, yeah.

Then again, Japan accepted only 30,000 foreigners as citizens last year. Good luck.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 375x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 375x270px
>>
>>2228664
Funny how no one here has said anything about race, except for /pol/
>>
>>2228716
>this gaijin seriously thinks he can just waltz into Japan and buy a home in rural Hokkaido
>>
>>2228744
Pretty much. You think buying a house is easy in the United States?

Japanese police literally come to your house to see if you are speaking Japanese.
>>
Voters were conned by corrupt Japanese politicians into implementing k*ynesian bubble and bust debtconomics. They were convinced growth was slowing due to a lack of "aggregate demand" and that, naturally, more borrowing and spending was needed. In reality the market was right. Traders, bankers and businesses genuinely could not find decent investments and Japan's protectionism prevented them from investing abroad. The excess capital was poured into useless things like real estate until the bubble burst.
>>
Honnestly, when I compare Japan with my country (France) I'd say they're doing way better than us. No crimes, no racial tensions, education is still working, pretty much everyone has a job. It was clearly more functional than my country.
>>
>>2228174
Japan is as big as Romania.A little depopulation will probably increase the quality of live there and reduce the real state prices
>>
>>2228744

I'm a white guy who bought a house in Tokyo, I had no problems. Although, I do have Japanese family in Tokyo as well.
>>
>>2228765
Grass is always greener
>>
>>2228765
http://articles.latimes.com/2007/nov/09/world/fg-autopsy9

The Japanese aren't really honest about their crime rates.

I think Switzerland has it basically right.

>if you don't have money fuck off
>also, everyone gets a gun
>>
>>2228774
>Japan is as big as Romania
Ummmm no

Really?

>>2228780
>Tokyo
>Has Japanese family
Yeah very similar to random anon in rural Hokkaido
>>
>>2228614
It's a (((mystery)))
>>
>>2228787
>"I'm knee deep in shit and choking on sewage treatment fumes! You're nice and dry on your boat let me on!"
>"Grass is always greener"
>>
>>2228530

>implying it's shamfur dispray soduku suicide and not the regular kimd
>>
>>2228803
The most respected measures of quality of life show that Japan generally has similar ratings to France. HDI, The Economist, UN surveys, Red Cross, Pew Polls, etc.

You strawmanning doesn't change that.
>>
>>2228164
When a country has debt, that means people/countries are investing in it, i.e. buying its bonds. That is almost always a winning proposition, as government bonds are usually at a far lower interest rate than market rate.
>>
>>2227916
This stuff happens everywhere, Japanese are just autist enough to give a name to everything.
>>
>>2228817
Go get drunk and fall asleep in a random street of Tokyo then go do the same in Paris and get back to me.
>>
>>2228793
Yes we know there are homicides in Japan. But again, this is simply not comparable with a western country. You can walk safely during the night in Tokyo. During Halloween, I saw drunk girls, with very short skirts, well you get the picture, and guess what, no sexual agressions. I've never been once scared, robbed, insulted in Japan. The same thing isn't true in France, where only taking the metro is some kind of bizarre experience.
Japan is safer, I don't see how anyone could deny that.
>>
>>2228827
It's probably safer than France.

But the gap is probably less than you'd think.

Also, Chikan were and are a thing on them subways.
>>
>>2228827
I've lived in Paris and taken the metro and also the night bus out to the banlieu. I've never felt threatened. Japan may be safe, but it is safer only in relation to some weird fantasy France you have built up in your mind.
>>
>>2228645
>oy vey bankers are not exploiting easy money from Japanese people
>better flood the countries with Nigerians and Afghans, this is another Shoah
>>
>>2228795

There isn't really anything stopping a gaijin. You just need to have the money.
>>
>>2228842

Nigerians are the only annoying people you'll find in Tokyo. What's worse, is they pretend to be African American.
>>
>>2228831
>Also, Chikan were and are a thing on them subways.
Compare that to what happened at Cologne.
>>2228833
What fantasy ? I live in fucking Paris, all of my friends had troubles in Paris with some places where you need to stay away from. We're a country that experiences multiple terrorist attacks. Do you really think Paris is safer than Tokyo, or Nagoya ? You clearly have a distorted view of reality then.
>>
>>2228862

>implying Tokyo hasn't had terrorist attacks
>>
>>2228823
>this happens everywhere
>35,000 suicides a year happens everywhere

>>2228826
And murders are listed as suicides in Japan.
And they have a 99.99% conviction rate.
1g of marijuana gets you 25 years of prison.

Grass is always greener.
>>
>>2228865
One in the 90s, yeah. Kinda old no ?
>>
>>2228867
>1g of marijuana gets you 25 years of prison
so what?

kys 420 degenerate
>>
>>2228873
Reminds me of when CNN starts talking about Christian white nationalist terrorists during a Muslim happening because of McVey
>>
>>2228883
Maybe if you slant eyes smoked more you wouldn't shoot yourselves every time you miss the train schedule desu
>>
>>2228889

dude weed lmao
>>
>>2228902
>minute late to the bus
>better go shoot myself!

t. japanese culture
>>
>>2228174
whats your point...

more space for everyone?

sounds good desu
>>
>>2228910
>be obese disgusting ameripig that shits his pants in Walmart because he has no shame or dignity
t. Amerifat
>>
File: japoneses.png (1MB, 1512x902px) Image search: [Google]
japoneses.png
1MB, 1512x902px
>>2228867
Better to live in a country with 35,000 suicides every year than a country with 35,000 homicides every year.

At least suicidal people have choice.
>>
>>2228923
>accusations of Americaness confirming he is in fact a japasuicide

You people worship the American so hard you shape your national identity around Americanisms when you aren't blowing your brains out in the forest.

It's quite disgusting, desu. Talk about adopting the culture of your conquerors.
>>
>>2228932
Really carmelizes those onions
>>
>>2228935
You're pathetic. We understand you hate Japan, but moral integrity should at least lead you to recognize it is a safer, more organized country thant the US.
>>
>>2228935

Weed isn't even that great.
>>
>>2228964
>t. japanese about to go hang himself

>>2228970
No, but it's better than the rope.

>build a culture around self-repression and isolationism
>is surprised when everyone wants to exit it... forcefully
>>
>>2228989
observe as the american liberal completely melts down because Tokyo isn't a multicultural paradise like Paris or Berlin covered in plumes of marijuana smoke provided by "refugee" algerians
>>
>>2227774
>the richest nations are the ones with the most debt
?
>>
>>2228793
This meme that Japan hides huge crime rates comes from Jake Adelstein, a Jew who hates Japan and is interested in politically and demographically changing the country through mass admission of immigrants from brown or black Third World countries.
>>
>>2228743
Are you new here? It's kind of their thing, they LARP as fashists on a romanian origami blog to try and trigger progressive pseudo-intellectuals. Pretty funny, huh?
>>
>>2228833
The Paris metro is more ghetto than Chicago's tbqh
>>
>>2228680
Still the most financially secure whether they are shit holes or not.

Riddle me this then. Why is one an Democratic Autocracy and the other an Communistic Isolationist regime.

Probably because these two countries truly know about global eliteism. Say what you want about Russia but they have the Orthodox Russian Church which is Christian while N. Korea worship Kim Sun Un's grandma for Christmas, fucking Nazi pagans.
>>
>>2228833
>Paris
Maybe past Paris but current Paris is nigger central.
>>
>>2228793
People heavily overstate the gun meme with Switzerland.
>>
>>2228932
Black people are truely a blight to humanity.
>>
>>2229106
Those rich countries can pay back the debt decently. Those poor nations can't or are able to but basically have to empty out it's organs to do so and have nothing behind.
>>
>>2229126
Based on which part you go to but all of it not not at all.
>>
>>2228667
>Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook
i mean i use that site, but why are you shilling for it here rofl? is the whole premise of this thread an excuse to shill for it?
>>
>>2229171
Not him but lots of those sites add that to the end of any copy/paste you do from their site
>>
>>2227918
potentially bad healthcare due to lack of doctors
it will get worse for obvious reasons - population aging and fewer younger

they will have to do something about it if science doesn't rapidly advance in the next 15 years
>>
Japan is a nation that will fade away into obscurity by the end of this century. They had their chance for greatness, but blew it big time. They'll retreat back to being a cultural and economic backwater (as was it was for nearly all its recorded history).
>>
>>2229448
Nothing wrong with this. Why can't a beautiful, clean nation drift back to historical populations, simpler mercantile economy? Small time farmers, open land between towns, occasional villages. Why must every square kilometer be stuffed full of refugees?

Technology is harped on as growth growth growth. Taking muh jobs. Well, if technology is inevitable, why not embrace it, train who really wants to be a doctor, lawyer, dentist, and let the rest of us be jack of all trade peasants. Sounds slow and easy. Fuck microwaves.
>>
>>2229448
At least, if the current migration policies remain, it will still be Japanese.

Thanks to open borders migration policies, coupled with pic related, no European country will remain European by the end of the century.
>>
>>2229586
does that really matter?
>>
>>2229586
also nice fake info-graph very /pol/lite.
>>
>>2229590
It's literally the only thing that matters.
>>
>>2229448

Richer or poorer Japan will still be Japanese at the end of the century. You cant say the same for countries like Germany.
>>
>>2229607
not really. and statistics, especially ones pertaining to the future are usually inaccurate.
>>
Japanses people still have their national pride and cheap labor is of little importance to them.
>>
>>2229017
Except for Hong Kong, Switzerland, Norway, Czech Republic, Taiwan, Argentina, South Korea, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, etc.

Your little theory doesn't hold.
Plus most of the indebted nations were doing fince until the mid 2000s, that's when the debt started to pile up.

The EU has a lot to do with that, it lowered the risk on the bonds on many nations that didn't deserve it. For example, Greece's macroeconomic fundamentals were terrible but the artifically-low inflation caused by the Euro and the fact that the Eurobonds were issued in London reassured investors.
>>
>>2229644
Iraqis are very prideful.
Doesn't change the fact it's a terror ridden shithole.

Pride is meaningless if all it brings is pain.
>>
>>2229746
One of the greatest problem of Iraq is their lack of national consciousness. Iraqis are very prideful, but not of their nation, instead they are proud of their tribe or clan.
>>
File: Wait wha.jpg (52KB, 560x575px) Image search: [Google]
Wait wha.jpg
52KB, 560x575px
>>2227774
>Japan is doing negative interests rates
>The bank takes your money if you store it there
>>
File: Letmetellyou.jpg (135KB, 498x1493px) Image search: [Google]
Letmetellyou.jpg
135KB, 498x1493px
>>2228606
>My waifu is in this guys bed
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
DON'T YOU TAKE HER FROM ME!!!
>>
>>2229611
Germany is literal shipping people out of the nation and rejecting people

People really overblow the migrant issue.
>>
>>2229788
Still has a million new brown men
>>
>>2228495
>make robot waifus and distribute to every person

Done
>>
>>2229131
This
>>
>>2229867
and Germany is kicking them out at a very accelerated pace.
>>
>>2229867
Out of a population of 80 million. You idiots really think 2-3% of the population at max being brown will genocide your race/ethnicity ? That's gotta be the biggest cuckiest insecurity complex I've ever seen. Anyway not surprised considering Germany
>>
>>2229491
>Nothing wrong with this. Why can't a beautiful, clean nation drift back to historical populations, simpler mercantile economy? Small time farmers, open land between towns, occasional villages. Why must every square kilometer be stuffed full of refugees? Technology is harped on as growth growth growth. Taking muh jobs. Well, if technology is inevitable, why not embrace it, train who really wants to be a doctor, lawyer, dentist, and let the rest of us be jack of all trade peasants. Sounds slow and easy. Fuck microwaves.
Underrated. This would be the best way for the West and Japan to go about our soon to be robotic driven economy.

The problem is capitalism needs people to sell cheap garbage made in Chain to.
>>
>>2227774
Anime
Body pillows
Weeb culture

They focused more on tech than fucking and that's what but them in the ass
>>
>>2230178

just look at the US that was once a majority white country where in a few generations whites will have become the minority
>>
>>2228621
I will say this, we can probably tie the whole "dad got laid off so you need to get a part time job" trope in anime into the upbringing plenty of animators/mangaka had during the 90s crash
>>
>>2230457
>just look at this country that imported by the millions its own african population as slaves and prides itself on its melting pot tradition
Not even close to the same lad
>>
>>2230560
Fine then, look at South Africa where Boers settled before the Bantu came in and where they are now.
>>
>>2230676
wew lad find a better example because you are far off target with that example.
>>
Jap pussy is great.
>>
>>2229586
>a region which historically was stricken by countless wars,warlords,diseases,poverty,hunger and lack of water will have an increase in population once those elements are either nullified or decreased
Wow,shocking
>>
>>2227918
Everyone's got really bad teeth, the women wear too much makeup, there are mosquitos everywhere, the porn is censored, internet is too expensive, food and groceries are too expensive, everyone is old; feels awkward when the waiters are like 70, the streets in downtown smell like piss and garbage. It's too humid.

t. Lived in tokyo for 8 years
>>
File: hat wobble.gif (425KB, 285x190px) Image search: [Google]
hat wobble.gif
425KB, 285x190px
You figure if Japan stopped forcing people to work for fucking ever and elected politicians who fought for better worker's rights and pay, more people would fuck.
>>
>>2232373
All minor things really.
IN Canada where i live its not safe to be downtown after around 2am
There are homeless everywhere, fat fucking people as well.
Mosquitos are most likely way worse.
Grass is always greener you faggot
>>
>>2230014
No it is not.
>>
>>2230186
>The problem is capitalism needs people to sell cheap garbage made in China to.

You are retarded

"Capitalism" doesn't require a thing.
>>
>>2227774
What wrong? I guess, all debts are clearing each other.
>>
>>2233532
Kill yourself
>>
>>2227774
everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gugzhkp_UUQ
>>
>>2233634
>le tokyo = all of Japan meme

But I agree. Amazing quality video for 1992.
>>
>>2233532
it's just inefficient is all
>>
>all these asshurt weebs.
>>
>>2233670
Delusions must be beautiful
>>
>>2228865
you're sort of retarded if you think multiple terrorist attacks happening in the space of a year is comparable to japan having one once every few decades
>>
>>2227918

-High suicide rate
-Everyone is old
-One of the worst work cultures of any first world country
-Xenophobia (though I guess this one doesn't count if you're a jap, but you're probably not)
-Censorship of porn
-Expensive

But no, keep talking about how great Japan is because of anime.
>>
>>2228621

>Anime is a pretty accurate portrayal of japanese society
>>
>>2235084
>xenophobia
>bad
>>
>>2227774
Not much. It has it's share of minor problems, but so do most first-world countries.
>>
>>2233514
Have you've actually seen the news.
>>
>>2227978
how is that relevant
>>
>>2235084
oh no blurry vaginas
>>
>>2235084
>-Censorship of porn
at least they didn't outright ban porn like south korea
>>
>>2235084
>-Censorship of porn
Not saying I agree with this law, and I believe it should be repealed, but if it helps, you can get it removed if you know one of "those" guys.
>>
File: 1415721841531.jpg (209KB, 1404x866px) Image search: [Google]
1415721841531.jpg
209KB, 1404x866px
>>2235084
If only you understood how shitty most of the world is. Most people would kill for a chance to live in a safe, rich country like Japan.
>>
>>2232027
The fact that it has to be stated countless times is even more shocking.
>>
>>2235172
>If only you understood how shitty most of the world is.

Yeah that's a pretty easy comparison comparing Japan to Developing/undeveloped countries.

They'd kill to live in a rich country but not Japan to be honest.
>>
>>2229725
>Plus most of the indebted nations were doing fince until the mid 2000s, that's when the debt started to pile up.
Source or you are a fibber.
>>
I've come to believe the ideal policy is a Swedish welfare state with Japanese immigration policies.
>>
There is nothing wrong with a heavy national debt, as long as you are able to make your scheduled payments on time.
>>
>enormous amounts of money spent on keeping extremely huge amount of old people alive
>reasonably maintained but terribly dated infrastructure
>deflation
>stagnating incomes
>rising house prices
>people lived in small, cramped housing quarters
>people are doing worse than the previous generation in terms of wealth and health
>Workforce is decreasing
>high tariffs makes fruit and veg very expensive
>enormous suicide rates
>repressed culture
>negative interest rates were a failed policy and the government has no idea what to do
>enormous levels of debt

Sounds like a Utopia, guys. Truly paradise.
>>
>>2235325
Don't forget.

>second highest working hours in the entire OECD
>labor productivity is stagnant because half the time you're at work you aren't even doing anything
>>
>>2235333

You can go to any main Tokyo station and at 12 o'clock you'll see salarymen sleeping in the station because they missed the last train home.
>>
>>2235343
Isn't that because they have to go out drinking with their bosses after work?
>>
>>2232566

>Grass is always greener you faggot
>he says while bitching about living in Canada
>>
>>2235325
Still sounds pretty great tbqh.
>>
>>2235354

Not all the time and no, you don't fraternise with your boss most times, you're highly encouraged to have no friends outside of your immediate workspace. But the reason trains only run until 12 in Tokyo is so that companies don't have an excuse to keep their workers later.
>>
>>2235358
he could be living in Manit*ba
>>
>>2227774
Abenomics and decades of conservative leadership and corporate cronyism especially in the 80s.
>>
>>2227774
I swear we've actually had this same thread, like twice before. In fact, I think one of them used the same OP image.
>>
>>2235084
>Because of anime
Or, you know, some people have actually been to Japan and realized it's better than l'ost of developped countries. And I saw more and more expats in Japan. Maybe you should learn more about it instead of focusing on anime.
>>
>>2228793
Japan does have low crime rates but its prisons are hidden from society so we don't really have that to help compare.
>>
>>2232561
Also the way that sexism has progressed has uniquely impacted the birth rate. There's a strong stigma that a woman must give up her job to have children for at least a few years, and getting married basically means giving up your career. More so than the United States. So liberalized women are getting a backlash and refusing to have kids/get married because they want to defy that culture.
>>
>>2235325
Also poor handling of recent natural disasters, such as the Fukushima plant.
>>
>>2235354

It's because the Japanese frown upon "going home early". So you'll have people at work for insane hours, but usually they won't have that much actual work to do.
>>
>>2235236
>Source hurrrr durrrrr
Is google such a difficult tool for you?
>>
Japan debt is mostly internal though, so it's relatively less dangerous than external one.
>>
lmao liberals just can't deal with the fact that Japan is a proud nationalistic honorable monracial society and grasp at whatever straws they can to besmirch it

japan is a crime free high trust utopia
>>
File: 1452430129908.jpg (69KB, 890x890px) Image search: [Google]
1452430129908.jpg
69KB, 890x890px
>>2227978
Oy gevalt
>>
>>2229725
>argentina
>russia
>rich
>>
File: 73RppwJY.jpg (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
73RppwJY.jpg
32KB, 512x512px
A Japanese traditional village sounds so comfy tho. Also how's Korea doing in comparison to Japan?
>>
>>2236570
I feel the same. Some people can't handle the fact Japan has built a society way more stable than the West. People will always attack Japan with stupid arguments ("too many suicides") while no western country is as safe as Japan. The USA is rotten by the violence in black communities, Europe has all those muslims going battshit insane etc.
I guess you also have retards who hate anime and imagine everyone in Japan is a nerd who watch moeshit.
>>
File: GDP_per_capita_PPP_2014-en.svg.png (219KB, 1280x699px) Image search: [Google]
GDP_per_capita_PPP_2014-en.svg.png
219KB, 1280x699px
>>2236821
?

Ok Russia barely makes it into the list but still...
>>
Why is it that white people tend to yeti out in Japan?
>>
>>2237466

It's called the gaijin smash. You know damn well you are doing something wrong, but you believe you can get away with it by claiming ignorance because you're white.
>>
>>2235401
>>2235358
>>2232566
Yeah, he probably lives in Winnipeg. Winnipeg is fine, the natives are just shitters, not too different from abos in australia. No city in Canada is even remotely dangerous compared to any other continent's "most dangerous" or even just "dangerous" cities. Not even fucking close.

This dudes probably a neet who saw a streetfight once and decided to stay indoors for the rest of his life
>>
>>2235453
Only 30,000 expats went to Japan last year.
>>
>>2236454
1. Still has to be paid
2. Free money doesn't just appear out of thin air
>>
>>2236570
>japan is a crime free high trust utopia

Lol
>>
>>2227774
That's internal debt. Public debt is a much bigger indicator of problems.
>>
>>2238769
>That's internal debt. Public debt is a much bigger indicator of problems.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268177/countries-with-the-highest-public-debt/

So at 250% of GDP Japan is even more troubled.

I had a friend does not believe there is a effective debt danger zone as percentage of GPD and use Japan as the example....

There is no real way they can pay off their debts at this point short of a write down.
>>
>>2237013
>Also how's Korea doing in comparison to Japan?
They're in the middle of having their government go into complete meltdown because of massive corruption.
>>
>>2238616
It is though.
>>
>>2237013
Go google "hell joseon"
>>
>>2236821

Moscow has the largest population of billionaires in the world tho...
>>
>>2239787
That's because a handful of people looted most of the Russian economy in the 90s and they've been holding onto it ever since.
>>
>>2239809
See the map in >>2237381
Russia is not poor
>>
>>2236570

I'm a western conservative and even I see, having been there for a year, that Japan is an absolute maddening hellhole. It's why most Japanese who move overseas never go back.
>>
File: 1483801012317.jpg (32KB, 470x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483801012317.jpg
32KB, 470x400px
>>2239809

Doesn't make me wrong senpai.
>>
File: HDIdemic1.jpg (111KB, 978x411px) Image search: [Google]
HDIdemic1.jpg
111KB, 978x411px
>>2239823
>PPP

it's literally trash
>>
>mfw people say declining birth rates in japan is a bad thing
>>
>>2228174
why do people even believe population reversal is a problem?

better wealth distribution + it's inevitable anyway as the earth's resources are not unlimited.
>>
>>2228174
japan being the first to have a significant population reversal if anything is evidence of their success as a society.
>>
Will Shinzo Abe's endgame (restoring the emperor and expelling the US) help the Japanese youth with their spiritual and economic crisis?
>>
>>2239872
>Doesn't like PPP
>Uses the HDI which is based on PPP
Tell me, are you retarded or just trolling?

Anyway, Russia is not poor, not even going by the HDI which takes into account other factors like education and life expectancy.

You could argue it's at the edge of being a developed country.
>>
>>2240058
Meanwhile, Japan and the US are developed countries.

If you're looking to illustrate that debt = poor, Russia isn't really a very good case in favor of that.
>>
>>2240058
Amazing how oil money can turn a backwater into a world power
>>
>>2239413
[Citation needed]

Japan has crime, and is far from a utopia. That's why 500,000 Japanese have immigrated to the US since 1955 (when we removed restrictions).
>>
>>2240003
>>2240006
Their GDP per capita has stagnated since 1997, and income inequality has risen.

Losing half a generation every 20 years doesn't represent "success" when it is clearly a symptom of failures.
>>
>>2240099
you're looking at things in way too much of a short-term perspective. population reversal on a global scale is inevitable. some people are getting a head start, europe is right on their tail and the US won't be long assuming we do something about the brown tide in the southwest.
>>
>>2235246
Best post ITT.
>>
I fail to see which western country is in better shape than Japan.
>>
>>2240164
Switzerland.

>low-ass homicide rate
>really fine-ass firearms
>rolling in Jewish dental fillings
>if you aren't really rich, you aren't getting in
>>
>>2228174
>IF YOUR POPULATION DOESN'T RUN ON AN INDEFINITE PONZI SCHEME OF GROWTH THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD WILL END
this kind of thinking is going to be the death of humanity. We should be supporting and applauding Japan on their shrinking population and their refusal to artificially inflate it back up.
>>
>>2240182
It's a country with not even 10 millions inhabitants, that profit greatly from its position un Europe. That's like saying Monaco is better than the US.
>>
>>2240164

Same problems that awaits every western country in the future, massive debt, government print money out of thin air, government bails out corporations, government spends lavishly - all with borrowed money that future generations will have to pay for. Then interest rates at zero in the best case and negative in the worst case.

Financial crisis is inevitable, it's not a question of if but when.
>>
>>2228519
Thanks anon, Japanese stock market inflated real estate so damn high, one aquare mile of Tokyo property in 1990 was worth as much as the state of California. And then it popped.....

Japan has experienced near 0% financial growth since then.
>>
>>2228793
>>if you don't have money fuck off
>>also, everyone gets a gun
>>
>>2240268
Most of Northern Europe has Swiss tier standards of living.

It's just that a lot of them fell for the multiculturalism meme.

But yeah, Switzerland is a good example of how you can have a strong national identity without becoming a collectivist beehive like East Asia.
>>
>>2240319
>this meme again

Acktually, any Swiss citizen can buy rifles unrelated to military service with a half hour worth of paperwork, and many do.
>>
>>2240328
He doesn't say that you can't buy rifles
>>
If you think japan is bad you are a bitchass whiteboi that has never spent time where salafism or HIV has taken hold. Fuck you.
>>
I'm applying for the foreign service in two months, I'm very insecure if I know enough to be qualified I often feel like everyone knows the stuff I know that everything I know is obvious.

Then I read threads like this and realize how ignorant the average person is in economics and politics and I feel reassured. Thanks /his/
>>
>>2240321
But those nordic countries are also not very populated like Switzerland.
Saying Norway, Switzerland, Sweden are better than Japan might be true, but then they're also better than the most relevant countries like the US, Germany, France, the UK
>>
File: Pope_Francis_in_March_2013.jpg (127KB, 996x996px) Image search: [Google]
Pope_Francis_in_March_2013.jpg
127KB, 996x996px
>>2227774
>What went wrong for Japan?

Did you see "Silence"?

Did you read the book, if you didn't see the film?

Have you looked up the history of Christian persecution in Japan? How missionaries and believers were ruthlessly tortured and executed?

Do you think God has forgotten?

He hasn't.
>>
>>2240403

>people in this day and age still believe this
>>
>>2227978
Not that far from the truth. This would kind of fix their population problem lol
>>
>>2227978
>>2240938

End yourselves marxist scum. Importing third world trash would do nothing positive for Japan, as it has done nothing good for any country who tried that retarded experiment.
>>
>>2240403
>Try to destroy the culture of a nation
>Attempt to overthrow their government
>So you can turn your own nation into a fucking plantation colony for foreigners
>Get all offended when everyone else in your nation not only kicks your ass but never talks about you

Lmao
>>
>>2228932
A conga line!
Japs know how to have fun.
>>
>>2229148
All of France is niggerized nation. Thankfully the tourist dollars will start drying up soon because people go to France to see France, not Niggerstan.
>>
>>2229491
Because China is going to invade their shit.
>>
>>2235325
I live in Brazil.

Would take all that for the safety of going out knowing you will not be shot by a crackhead nigger for your cellphone so he can sell and buy drugs.
>>
>>2237013
Their suicide rates are higher.
>>
>>2235367
>But the reason trains only run until 12 in Tokyo is so that companies don't have an excuse to keep their workers later.
When you have to control train hours because otherwise japs would overwork themselves to death.
>>
>>2227774

Obviously Japan needs to import a bunch of violent third worlders to fix their economy.

I only say the half ironically, because apparantly capitalism can only 'function' if you have this bullshit going for you.
What a joke of a system.
>>
>>2227774
>What went wrong for Japan?
They built their economy on one of the biggest bubbles in history and when it collapsed recovery was near impossible.
>>
>>2227918

I was in Japan for many months. Miss it still. Never felt so safe. Never felt so clean, comfy and ordered.

The whole "le depressed" is a meme. Westerners aren't happy at all really.
They might not be depressed, but grumpy motherfuckers who are never satisfied with their situation and will fucking vent it at all, is what you get here at every turn.
>>
>>2228858

How the fuck do Nigerians even get to live in Japan?

I'm a European with a bunch of degrees and can't even dream of living in Japan on a work visa.
>>
File: bomb_rat.jpg (35KB, 298x250px) Image search: [Google]
bomb_rat.jpg
35KB, 298x250px
日本嫌われまくってて笑えるwwww
>>
>>2240403
I'm glad they didn't succeed, now we can enjoy the some of multiculturalism in the world.
>>
>>2240403

>daimyo's converting to Christianity instantly started selling their own women into slavery for white and black foreigners to rape on their ships and settlements around Asia and even Europe

Yeah, what a righteous faith that is. The shogun made the right decision to bad that literal enslaving doctrine from its coasts.
>>
>>2241779
I'm still amazed that it's been over 25 years since the bubble burst and they haven't recovered. I mean, Japan was one of the few nations that was able to deal with the repercussions of the Great Depression immediately, why haven't their economists and policymakers been able to correct this?
>>
>>2241799
Thousands of Europeans live and work in Japan why can't you?
>>
What went right, you mean. High debt with negative interest is not exactly a problem.
>>
>>2242031
They had thrown literally everything in the bubble. Also Japan did not recover from the depression quickly. They didn't recover at all, actually. The biggest factor sending Japan on the warpath was that their economy was still fucking failing whereas by 1937 the Western economies were stagnating at worst. The Japanese have historically been very bad at recovering from economic crises, usually due to inflexibility. It doesn't help that each of their recovery attempts was met with international bubbles bursting such as the dot com crash and the Great Recession.
>>
>>2242031
Abenomics is essentially 'print. money.'
>>
Awesome! A thread where we can discuss economics, japan, and its relevance to America's current posi...

Oh, it's just a thread of poltards spewing shit about immigration
>>
>one aquare mile of Tokyo property in 1990 was worth as much as the state of California
Please source anon
>>
>>2240125
>population reversal on a global scale is inevitable.
[Citation needed]
Although I agree, in no way is the "inevitable" necessarily good.

We all will inevitably die. I don't want to die today though
>>
>>2242215
ur mom
>>
>>2240348
Don't take /his/ as representative of your competitors.

Half of this is /pol/ and ironic shitposting
>>
>>2241788
>The whole "le depressed" is a meme.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>2242134
You seem to think debt is free and that negative interest is not inherent with deflation
>>
>>2242215
Exaggeration... but>>2228541
generally reflective of the situation
>>
>>2242170
I actually posted 5 great pictures and sources early in the thread explaining the 1988-1992 period in Japan.

25 year rule should be enforced to keep /pol/ and reddit away.
>>
>In the autumn of 1989, Jin Matsushita was making more money than he ever dreamed he would; more money, indeed, than he thought he'd ever need. After joining Yamaichi Securities straight out of high school, Matsushita had worked his way up from lowly office boy scribbling stock prices on a chalkboard to fully fledged stockbroker in Yamaichi's nationwide army of salesmen — and what a golden time it was to be trading stocks for one of Japan's largest securities firms. Japanese companies like Toyota and Sony were becoming globally dominant, while the country's businessmen, flush with cash, fanned out across the world, snatching up iconic properties like New York City's Rockefeller Center, the fabled Pebble Beach golf course and Hollywood's Columbia Pictures. Matsushita himself was earning an annual salary of $150,000 plus a bonus that often exceeded his base pay. Everyone was getting rich. The Nikkei 225 stock index soared to an all-time high of 38,916 on Dec. 29, 1989. "It was a kind of miracle, I suppose," says Matsushita.

>It was the kind of miracle that doesn't last: an economic bubble that soon burst. What followed was collapse and years of torpor that came to be known as Japan's "lost decade." Neither Tokyo property prices nor Japanese stocks — nor the Japanese people, for that matter — have ever fully recovered. The Nikkei index on June 15 closed at 10,040, an astonishing 75% below its 1989 peak. And Matsushita, now 73, is working the night shift at a convenience store just to make ends meet.
>>
https://www.google.com/amp/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/376337/?client=safari

Interesting Atlantic article from 1989.
Remind you of a similar situation today?
>>
>>2242157
They correctly identified deficit spending as a means to stimulate their economy and by the early 30's, they were getting out of the Depression. What made their economy tank was that the autistic militarists didn't like the fact economic policies dictated that they needed to reduce spending on arms and munitions. Once the militarists took over, that's when the Japanese economy was set on a dive-course.

>It doesn't help that each of their recovery attempts was met with international bubbles bursting such as the dot com crash and the Great Recession.
Yeah, they really needed 10 years of a healthy global economy to recover the mess they had.

>>2242161
Is that the best Japan has to offer in terms of leadership because by 2050, Japan will be reduced to a 2nd tier economy thanks to him.
>>
>>2242308
Didn't anyone realize that it would all come crashing down? I mean surely, somebody would've realized that everything was overinflating in value.
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with Japan

Every issue they have exists in other industrialized nations, they are in fact unique and much better off for not being a multicultural shithole at the whims of open borders, drug epidemics, and Muslim terrorist attacks
>>
>These three realities tempt many people, especially American diplomats, to assume a fourth: that Japanese and American interests do not clash in any fundamental way. This assumption is wrong. There is a basic conflict between Japanese and American interests—notwithstanding that the two countries need each other as friends—and it would be better to face it directly than to pretend that it doesn't exist.

>That conflict arises from Japan's inability or unwillingness to restrain the one-sided and destructive expansion of its economic power. The expansion is one-sided because Japanese business does to other countries what Japan will not permit to be done to itself. It is destructive because it will lead to exactly the international ostracism that Japan most fears, because it will wreck the postwar system of free trade that has made Japan and many other nations prosperous, and because it will ultimately make the U.S.-Japanese partnership impossible to sustain.

Written by a major US policy group in 1989. Remind anyone of a similar situation today?
Just change the nation's name a little.
>>
>>2242346
Their economy is held hostage by thick-headed dinosaurs in charge of mega-corporations as well as yakuza. The Yakuza has infiltrated the upper echelons of the Japanese economy so thoroughly that they're a perpetual cancer that takes away billions of potential revenue.

They've pissed off their closest neighbors, one of whom is a major economic and military power. The other has displaced them as the leading electronics provider in Asia.

Then there's the social problems. They're so obsessed with kawaii that they're a childish and emotionally-stunted people. They lack any sense of nuance or introspection to actually deal with their internal issues. They're a pressure cooker of overworking, repressed emotions, and societal flaws.
>>
>>2242333
>Yeah, they really needed 10 years of a healthy global economy to recover the mess they had.

1991-2000 and 2002-2007 weren't enough?
>>
>>2242342
>Looking back, it's odd that so few people saw the bust coming. I certainly didn't. In 1989, I was Tokyo bureau chief for Newsweek, and I lived through the bubble years acutely aware of what strange days they were, yet without quite realizing those days were numbered. It should have been obvious that such excess was unsustainable. At one point, the combined value of Tokyo real estate was said to eclipse that of the entire U.S. In Japan you could easily spend more than $1,000 on a round of golf or on an evening in a hostess bar in Ginza. All this reinforced the notion that Japan was an industrial giant that seemed able to outcompete even the mighty U.S. George H.W. Bush, then U.S. President, came to Japan with trade at the top of his agenda, only to famously throw up on Kiichi Miyazawa, Japan's Prime Minister, during a state dinner. Miyazawa gently cradled Bush's head as the stricken President slumped in his chair, an image that we journalists couldn't resist using as a metaphor. The country that had been vanquished militarily now seemed poised to conquer the world economically. The Atlantic Monthly captured the angst this caused in a two-part series entitled "Containing Japan."
>>
>>2242346
>among the highest work hours in the world
>among the highest suicide rates in the world
>among the lowest in Happiness indices in the world
Must be great to live there. But, hey, at least you can masturbate about no Muslims being there!
>>
>>2242373
You fail to realize just how bad the 1990 bubble bursting hurt Japan. I mean it's taken the U.S. almost 8 years to finally climb out of the Great Recession and it's nowhere near as bad as the 1990 bubble was on Japan.
>>
>>2242373
You forgot that in 1995 there was the massive earthquake in Japan that shook the financial markets throughout Asia. And of course the 1997 Asian financial crisis.

2002-2007 was probably their last gasp but it was too late by then.
>>
>>2242342
To answer your question and follow up with this>>2242376
>Why did serious publications think Japan needed to be contained? Because at the time, it seemed as if its politicians, policymakers and business leaders had patented a superior brand of capitalism. In less than two generations, the country had climbed out of the wreckage of war to become the world's second largest economy. Books like Japan as Number One detailed how different its economic system was from that of the laissez-faire U.S. — the government directed capital into key industries and allowed powerful business groups, called keiretsu, to exclude competitors from domestic markets, while Japanese companies made relentless inroads into Western markets. Americans who once scared themselves silly watching news footage of phalanxes of Soviet troops parading through Red Square instead made themselves queasy by watching phalanxes of Toyota workers performing calisthenics before hitting the factory floor.
>>
>The British newspaper The Observer recently caused an international stir by reporting that Japanese youth have lost interest in sex. The sensationalist conclusion was mostly based on a single statistic: a survey that found that 45 percent of women and 25 percent of men ages 16 to 24 said they were not looking to have sex. The article also cited the phrase sekkusu shinai shokogun, or "celibacy syndrome," as if it were a major trend. In reality, more Japanese singles are having sex than in past decades. In 1990, 65 percent of unmarried women and 45 percent of unmarried men had never had sex; today, the figures are 50 percent and 40 percent, respectively. "Of course Japanese have sex," Asian studies professor Jeff Kingston told
Bloomberg.com.

>"If the number of love hotels is any barometer, it seems like many are getting plenty of it."
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 1136x640px
>>2242380
>I mean it's taken the U.S. almost 8 years to finally climb out of the Great Recession and it's nowhere near as bad as the 1990 bubble was on Japan.

3. technically, we regained GDP by Q32011.
Unemployment returned to 2008 levels in 2015.
Employment returned to the 2008 peak in 2014.

And there's a reason why the US bubble and crash wasn't as bad. Pic related
>>
>>2242393
>2015-2008 = 7
>7 is almost 8
>it's taken the U.S. almost 8 years
Nothing I said was wrong.
>>
>>2242377
Half of the Western world is either hooked on heroin or antidepressants and they're thousands of dollars in student debt and they get to deal with angry minorities who hate them because they're are white and Muslims committed to spreading their religion with immigration and terrorism!

Japan is so much worse off lmao!
>>
You won't get a crime free society by being like Japan. Japan doesn't have a crime free society because they're Japanese, but because of genetics. East Asia, in general, does not have anywhere near the rate of violent crime the rest of the world does.

White people aren't going to stop killing each other even if you deport all the black and brown people. You people are just murderous by nature.

t. actual Nipponese fag
>>
>>2242371
>Then there's the social problems. They're so obsessed with kawaii that they're a childish and emotionally-stunted people. They lack any sense of nuance or introspection to actually deal with their internal issues. They're a pressure cooker of overworking, repressed emotions, and societal flaws.
What kind of bullshit is that ?
>>
This is why drugs and brothels should be legal, is being a junkie or hooker really any more morally degrading than being corporate cattle?
>>
>>2242383
State-sponsored capitalism works in the short-run. That's one of the drawbacks once an economy matures in a globalized context.

Second, those massive multi-national corporations were bloated with ineffectual sectors; something which Carlos Ghosn correctly identified with Nissan.

In the Cold War, Japan's economic approach made perfect sense. But by the early 80's, someone should've realized that those sort of government bails for businesses only work in DEVELOPING economies not a full-fledged developed one like Japan.

Japan needed to do some structural changes by the late 70's or early 80's. Auditors should've taken closer looks at non-performing loans (which their Ministry of Finance turned a blind eye to). This ensures that the inter-dependency of the corporations and government allows actual loans and credit to take place based on sound monetary policy and equity. The Japanese government won't skyrocket like it did in the golden 80's, but it won't have the massive problems as well. It'll have gradual rises with minor recessions on the well.
>>
>>2242403
Well, you just repeated what you said earlier.

I'll do the same then:
>among the highest work hours in the world
>among the highest suicide rates in the world
>among the lowest in Happiness indices in the world
>>
>>2242392
There's A LOT less married people now than back then
>>
>>2242413
Degenerate leftists basically can't envision a society where everyone is nihilistic and hates the simple things in life
>>
>>2242427
Japan's declining economic fortunes play a huge role in this. Marriage is a financial burden if you're not ready.

I've also heard that part of the reason why couples don't have kids as much as they used to is that outside of the countryside (where you actually have space to live), the confines of Japanese apartments don't allow husbands and wives to have sex without their kids overhearing. So unless they start soundproofing their rooms effectively, they're screwed.
>>
>>2242427
I thought overpopulation was a concern.
>>
>>2242377
lol fuck off you cunt. You know nothing about Japan. I have spent over 2 months a year in Japan for 3 years.

>high work hours
Japanese people do not work high hours. In fact, Japanese people merely spend a large amount of time in their work places. There is a Japanese phrase 'Bonsai Officu'. This means 'Your Office is your Bonsai Garden'. Essentially, the Japanese believe their offices are places of relaxation and peace. Japanese spend time in their offices as a means of pleasure. It is like criticising the Vatican because it has a high rate of Church attendance.

>high suicide
Suicide is a great honor in Japanese culture. They want to kill themselves. Frankly the only failure of Japanese society is that people die and are not able to commit suicide. Every Japanese person dreams of death by Seppukukuku. In my time in Japan I bought a Samurai Sword and the schoolgirl selling it to me broke down because she wished to use that for her suicide, I gave it back.

>Low happiness
Happiness is a western meme.Happiness does not even have a Japanese translation. Happiness is a state of western joy. Japanese joy is different and would be known as 'Hapichu'. This is nothing like happiness but Japanese people have it.

Japan is paradise.
>>
>>2228050
Thats wales you pillock
>>
>>2242425
>>among the highest work hours in the world
Working a lot is'nt bad if you work in good conditions. I'm a teacher in France, we don't work many hours, have a lot of vacation...but being a teacher in Japan would seriously be better. Simply not being treated like shit by children and your administration is worth working more hours.
>Suicide rates
Many countries are worse in that regards than Japan. Also, suicide is a cultural thing, while in countries where christianity or islam is or even was important, it's taboo.
>Happiness index
How the fuck do you even measure this ?
>>
there is literally nothing wrong with Japan all Western SJW cucks who criticize Japan should be sent to somalia
>>
>>2242441
Dude, Japanese forego their Overtime pay because the bosses and corporate culture browbeat them into not doing it. They're getting free labor out of these people.

And suicide is retarded. Only you have a life-threatening illness that's causing you a fuckton of pain and discomfort, there's no reason to end your life. There's nowhere to go but up when you feel life is shitty, but being dead just means you're wormfood now.

I get it, you're a weaboo that's obsessed with glorious Nippon, but you're a dumbass if you truly believe happiness isn't something Japanese are lacking in.
>>
>>2227774
ay where is iraq
>>
>>2242425
>they're not actually working 70 hours a week
>it's their honor culture stop trying to impose Western values on them what are you a reactionary
>Pseudoscience designed to mark antidepressants
>>
>>2242441
>In my time in Japan I bought a Samurai Sword and the schoolgirl selling it to me broke down because she wished to use that for her suicide, I gave it back.

kek

Also, Japanese people spend a long time at the office because Japanese culture is very introspective and has a devotion to simple beauty of nature and high quality construction. That's why many Japanese people die in the subway getting hit by trains because they are too busy admiring the honest beauty in the deep red color of the Shiseido shampoo advertisement facing them while they are waiting.
>>
>>2242461
>muh overtime muh protectionism
Japan are a honor based society where employee and employer take care of each other and watch out for each other people always buy Japanese products no matter what to keep Japan strong kys you stupid materialist reductionist globalist idiot
>>
i;ve spent 10 minutes look for iraq on that map and didn't find it, shitty scoure
>>
File: amused_007.jpg (20KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
amused_007.jpg
20KB, 310x310px
>>2242441
>In my time in Japan I bought a Samurai Sword and the schoolgirl selling it to me broke down because she wished to use that for her suicide, I gave it back.
I think you've been reading too much manga and should take your medication, anon.
>>
>>2242471
Westerners die and get their balls cut off in front of their girlfriends in French concert halls by Muslims because tolerance is the culture of the Westerner
>>
>>2242471
To add, Japanese culture is very unique and developed independently of any foreign influence as a result of Japan being an island nation. The kimono and chopsticks are truly unique and I admire the Japanese for creating some original cultural treasures in comparison to barbarian Western jeans pants and forks.

To this day, Japanese culture is so pervasive that even Chinese people, who hate Japan very much, use Kanji and soy sauce extensively.
>>
>>2242485
The Japanese kamikaze because obedience is the culture of the Oriental.
>>
>>2242502
There literally nothing wrong with honor cultures

If Westerners had they wouldn't be bred out as we speak

There is literally nothing wrong with Japan anybody half sane would rather live in a closet in Tokyo than a decent apartment in paris
>>
>>2242502
Not obedience, but a devotion to your Emperor and your nation. A hundred million hearts beating as one - this is the ultimate dream for any nation.

Only a culture as pure as Japan could have come up with a concept such as suicide attacks. I welcome Japanese immigrants instead of cowardly Muslims who would never give their lives in such a way.
>>
>>2242511
You don't see a problem with sacrificing your life for an emperor that can't find a higher purpose for his subjects than as a missle guidance system?
>>
>>2242522
No. I don't.
>>
>>2242401
Recover doesn't imply recovering only the unemployment rate
>>
>>2242403
>meme meme meme meme
>half
>minorities
>le student debt
>muslims
>terrorism

You have to go back
>>
>>2242441
You have been watching many weird Jap movies like Gozu and Violator Hakkaider, anon.
>>
>>2242528
That's why Japan was beat by democratic powers that rewarded indepependent thought, insolent intellectuals driven out of Germany developed nuclear weapons.
>>
>>2242511
This. Japan is an utopia. Not even Germany can't hold a candle against it.
>>
>>2242532
Not an argument.

The lack of Muslims in Japan ALONE makes them better off.

Nothing personnel Abdul, civilized people don't wish to live anywhere near you.
>>
>>2242441
You're full of shit, sir.
>>
>>2242418
>Japan needed to do some structural changes by the late 70's or early 80's.

Actually, it did.

Japan took a bunch of standard Western 1970's-1980's (laissez-faire/monetarism) reforms in the 80's especially.

For example, they let the ¥ free float and accepted the GATT trade deal. They also privatized a lot of their railways and energy market.

Didn't change a thing, and actually contributed to the bubble.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 480x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 480x266px
>>2242441
>weeb delusions
>>
File: kill_me_baby_007_yasuna.jpg (34KB, 252x342px) Image search: [Google]
kill_me_baby_007_yasuna.jpg
34KB, 252x342px
>>2242512
I see what you did there.
>>
>>2242547
YOU FUCKING KEKS ARE OBSESSED WITH FUCKING ISLAM JESUS FUCKING CHRIST

THE WEST PROFITED LIKE MAD MEN FOR FUCKING DECADES OFF OF FUCKING MUSLIMS OVER, WHY ARE YOU SO UPSET THE SCALES ARE TILTING SLIGHTLY IN FAVOR OF THE FUCKING MUSLIMS YOU IGNORANT FUCK

AND NO, I'M NOT EVEN MUSLIM, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE MUSLIM TO SEE THAT THE WEST IS GOING TO PAY THE PRICE FOR ITS TRANSGRESSIONS AGAINST SOME OF THE MOST BATSHIT CRAZY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE

TALK SHIT, GET HIT - YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG BROWN PEOPLE
>>
>>2242567
cuck
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 424x424px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 424x424px
>>2242454
>/pol/
>>
>>2242567
Observe as the Mohamedan melts down upon realizing civilized human beings wish to be as far away from him as possible.
>>
File: 1483104984692.jpg (79KB, 419x536px) Image search: [Google]
1483104984692.jpg
79KB, 419x536px
>>2227774
Not even immigrants to raise birth rates and remain competitive in the global marketplace.
>>
>>2242567
>TALK SHIT, GET HIT - YOU FUCKED WITH THE WRONG BROWN PEOPLE
This is the problem. You Westerners have fucked up terribly by letting those sandniggers crawl inside your countries. Enjoy the installation of Sharia Law before 2030.
>>
>>2242569
I can't be a cuck, I'm not white. I'm Chinese and I hope that Japan can pick their economy up and stand alongside their Asian brothers to kick whittu piggu out of Asia for good. Asians have been screwed over by capitalism, communism, nationalism, fascism - you name a Western """ideology""" and I guarantee you we have been screwed over by it in one way or another.

Imperial Japan's methods may have sucked, but Japan had the right idea in 1941. The second time will be more successful than the first. Whittu piggu can't even defeat the Muslims, how will you take on an awakened and prideful East Asia? You have no resolve or devotion which is why you will lose in the end. The second the going gets tough, white people want to retreat to their summer homes and creamy lattes. Cowards!
>>
>>2242567
>wahhhh why are you complaining about Muslim immigration they just want to come to your country to exact revenge for imperialism

really makes you think
>>
>>2242592
I agree, please don't fall for the multiculturalism and cultural relativism meme as we inevitably pass the torch of civilization to you, God speed Asian bro.
>>
>>2242592
>I'm Chinese and I hope that Japan can pick their economy up and stand alongside their Asian brothers
>whittu piggu
This is bait and i fell for it.
But if it's not then you must be retarded to think that other nations on Asia is better off than Japan.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 600x719px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 600x719px
>mfw I started a /pol/ weeb shitstorm by bumping this thread with my 1980's sources
>>
>>2242371

>Their social problems come from anime.

No. It's because their family structure is fucked by being stuck at work for long hours, not being around for their kids. Plus women rapidly joining the workforce and there is no societal model for being a working mother.

Anime and relationship-replacement is made available for both sexes. Otome games are huge.

You should be getting your sweeping generalizations from Hideaki Anno, not Hayao Miyazaki.

Shit the nigga basically made a career out of criticizing their lack of mental healthcare and how bullheaded their politicians.

Japanese autism is thanks to the internet enabling nerds to get their social interaction through a screen, instead of a convention. Same thing with the rest of the world.
>>
Well......

Anyways, back to the topic.
>Japan was exotic, and it could also be insular and xenophobic. When foreigners stayed out past midnight, after the subways in Tokyo closed, they risked being unable to get a cab home. I was once out carousing into the morning hours with a couple of friends from Japan's Ministry of Finance — the élite among Japan's powerful bureaucrats — when we tried to flag a taxi. I told my friends no driver would stop unless I hid in the shadow of a nearby building. "No, that's not true," one of them protested. I hid, and within seconds a cab pulled up for my Japanese companions. I jumped into the backseat, much to the dismay of the cabbie. My buddy expressed shock. "What a racist country we are," he muttered. I laughed. This wasn't racism, it was capitalism. Cab drivers assumed a foreigner wasn't going very far, whereas the average salaryman lived some distance from the center of town, guaranteeing a big fare. Like everything during the bubble, it was all about the money.
>>
>>2242627
>oy vey muh taxi

Fat fuck piggu gaijin would do well to walk for a change.
>>
File: image.jpg (170KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170KB, 731x1024px
>>2242633
>this level of autism

Jesus christ you /pol/weebs are cancerous. Ruined my fucking thread
>>
>>2242641
>not recognizing the delusions of internet warriors

/pol/tards are like SJWS (inb4 angry /pol/tard posts overposted infograph explaining why there's a false equivalence) who are like Marxists, everything must be viewed through a very narrow lens. So everything is either about Muslims, white patriarchy, or class.

Reductionist faggotry is truly the worst.
>>
>>2242648
White straight cis males are the most oppressed demographic in the 21st century
>>
>>2235139
Man that explains so much

I spent like an hour looking for porn of those cute kpop girls and couldn't find any

Was so confused, i was thinking there was a whole giant untapped market
>>
>>2242633
True.
>>
>>2227978
DIE GLOABALIST SCUM!
>>
>>2242656
Objectively, they are the ones doing the best in the modern economy by a large margin.

You meant blue-collar white cis males (25% of white males).
>>
>>2228506
There are vast swathes of the country that are nearly unpopulated while a third of the country lives in Tokyo
>>
>>2243107
Exactly. Japan's population density is overstated.

Worst Korea, Singapore, and Bangladesh are the really fucked places.
>>
>>2242441

I have waited for this day for so long, Ken-sama. You have returned to us.
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.