[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who was the most ambitious person in history? Ambitious as in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: TCEnBNI.jpg (162KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
TCEnBNI.jpg
162KB, 1366x768px
Who was the most ambitious person in history? Ambitious as in not only conquering huge pieces of land, but in pretty much everything, from art to science or to just accumulating power, etc.

Some examples out of my mind are surely Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great (he pretty much became the measure against which leaders compared themselves) and to some extent Adolf Hitler, Leon Trotsky (ambitious, but not impactful), Pyrrhus of Epirus, Alcibiades, Napoleon etc.

I don't add religious figures, as it's not confirmed if they were real or not (Jesus Christ in a example) and as they probably didn't really expect they will have such a huge impact in the world after their death.
>>
>>2227280
Gautama Siddhartha

He wanted to end suffering for all. Supposedly became enlightened and surpassed the Gods and the universe.
>>
>>2227280
Ambition is of course is the first step Pratchett, but it doesn't mean jack shit if you don't have a good work ethic and most important of all, luck.

I'm sure they're plenty of people who would like to be billionaires, but they don't do anything to make this ambition become a reality.
>>
>>2227280
>I don't add religious figures, as it's not confirmed if they were real or not (Jesus Christ in a example) and as they probably didn't really expect they will have such a huge impact in the world after their death.
Why are religious figures any less likely to exist than non-religious figures if we have the same amount of historical record of both? Jesus was found in the dead sea scrolls btww
>>
>>2227723
A lot of their accomplishments are seated in miracles or other acts of god and cannot be outright proven. Written record doesn't mean shit, I can write that I killed a dragon and fucked your mom, it doesn't mean I actually killed a dragon.
>>
>>2227757
Prophet Muhmmed (pbuh) was a historical person, it helps that he was around only 1,400 years ago - you can't deny this.
>>
>>2227768
I shit upon your false prophet and his shit god.
>>
>>2227757
That doesn't mean you didn't exist either. Even if you didn't kill a dragon.
>>
>>2227723
Thanks &humanities.
>>
Isaac Newton
>>
Justinian the Great
>try to restore the Roman Empire
>fight the Persians
>rewrite and organise the chaos that is Roman law
>try to mend the early christian schism
>build Hagia Sophia and the church in Ravenna I always forget thr name of
>marry the woman he loves, not for political intruige

No matter what you think of the Byzantine Empire, Justinian or the consequences of his actions you can't deny his ambition.
>>
>>2227757
>it doesn't mean I actually killed a dragon

Don't worry anon, I got it.
>>
>>2227834
said it better than I could have.
>>
It's not close. Based on every source, Alexander the Great. It's not a very good question because anyone can be "ambitious," but if you do nothing with it, it will never be known.

Given the territory conquered, number of enemies smitten, the different types of worlds he conquered...can you imagine how amazing it must have been to be a senior officer in Alexander's army, encountering completely new people, languages, animals, land formations that you never knew existed before? Probably the closest feeling any man has ever had to space exploration.
>>
>>2227280
The Mediterranean people obviously.

Everything starts with them...

From the Greco/Helens, fore fronting modern philosophy, the Romans, The Holy Roman Empire and crowning Charlemagne, Roman Empire influencing barbarian pee colored hair niggers, the Renaissance, starting the exploration age, the start of Classical music with Opera/Ballet, rejecting Hitler from art school.

Nord smelly barbarian faggots need to stop feeling self entitled, because the Mediterranean people are the literal gods.
>>
File: 1445372737705.jpg (2MB, 2431x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1445372737705.jpg
2MB, 2431x3508px
As if there were any question about it.
>>
>>2227723
>>2227757
>>2227768
>>2227784
>>2227787
Muhammad was both an influancial spiritual AND military leader.
Who else achieved that desu?
>>
>>2228996
^influential
oops
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.