[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was L. Ron Hubbard really that evil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: L._Ron_Hubbard_in_1950.jpg (106KB, 532x380px) Image search: [Google]
L._Ron_Hubbard_in_1950.jpg
106KB, 532x380px
Was L. Ron Hubbard really that evil?
>>
>>2227095
That depends, is a scammer evil? The French convicted him of fraud in absentia in 1978 and sentenced him to 4 years of prison.
>>
>>2227095
piss off alistair crowley
>>
Good boy

Dindu nuffin

He jus needed dem Hollywood monies for Xenu
>>
It's easy to forget that Hubbard was pretty decent author during the Golden age of pulps. He was nowhere near the level of Asimov or Lovecraft, but he still managed to achieve some genuine brilliance with novellas like "Fear".

Then came Scientology.
>>
>>2227095
He was a sociopath like all religious leaders.
>>
>>2227095
I wouldn't say 'evil', but he was definitely a kooky, unhinged, hypocritical and deadbeat conman.
>>
>>2227095

He's about as evil as anyone else I can think of. He deliberately created a massive structure for exploiting, deceiving, and abusing as many other people as he could sucker into it. Read about what happens to scientology members, shit's pretty disturbing. They get smooth talked into the door with a free personality test and then progressively pot committed into a worse and worse situation as they're isolating from their friends and family and coerced into contributing more and more of their time, money, and labor so that when they start to realize how completely psychotic their new environment is it's already too late. The ones who have the resolve to leave are assaulted with nuisance lawsuits, phony bills, and lifelong stalking / surveillance, and the ones who don't are so mindbroken by realizing what they've done to themselves that they feel like their only choice is to accept their psychotic cult as the truth.
>>
>>2227095

So one day Aleister Crowley, L.Ron Hubbard and Kenneth Anger walk into a bar.

(This is an opening for a joke that I have never fully written. I invite help).
>>
>>2227095
He turned /rel/ into /biz/ again.
Most religions had lost sight of the bottom line. He fixed that.
>>
File: IMG_0165.jpg (54KB, 770x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0165.jpg
54KB, 770x766px
A culture is only as great as its dreams, and its dreams are dreamed by artists.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.