[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lincoln suspending haebeas corpus makes him just as bad as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1479283280147.jpg (432KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1479283280147.jpg
432KB, 2560x1600px
>lincoln suspending haebeas corpus makes him just as bad as the confederacy!
>roosevelt was a warmonger trying to start a war with japan!
>the civil rights act was bad because it infringed on property rights!

Why are libertarian/paleoconservative historical revisionists so goddamn cowardly? At least /pol/yps admit they support fascism and segregation; lolberts just dance around it while clearly being sympathetic to right-wing authoritarianism.
>>
valuing ideological purity too highly
>>
>>2224686
Lincoln did suspend haebeas Corpus, Roosevelt did want to start a war and the civil rights act did infringe on property right

When your defending rights you usually end up defending scumbags because that's who people go after when they start infringing on rights
>>
>>2224686
Two types of liberties exist. Positive and negative. The left thrives on negative liberty while the right exalts positive liberty. That's where the cultures clash.
>>
>>2224686
Ideology is a hell of a drug. Big L Libertarians and ancaps are just as delusional as commies desu.
>>
>>2225294
>Ideology is a hell of a drug.
This. I've seen families tear themselves apart over fucking ideology, it's fucking insane. Thank the gods I'm a hermit.
>>
>>2225278
>The left thrives on negative liberty while the right exalts positive liberty
Are you implying that fascism and authoritatian ideology is leftist?
>>
>>2225334
The opposite.
>>
>>2225278
negtive liberty what the government cant do to you, and its associated with classcal liberals and conservatives positive liberty is what the government has to do for you.

Obama once called the constitution a charter of negative liberties.
>>
>>2225357
No, negative liberty is freedom from restraints while positive liberty is freedom to actualize yourself.
>>
>>2225370
I think I got these mixed up. Reverse what I said. Left values positive liberty, right values negative liberty.
>>
>>2225334
Reverse what I said. I got the two mixed up.
>>
>>2224686
>durrr dictatorship is good when I like it hurr durr
>>
>>2225334
But fascism is leftist. :>)
>>
Here's the discussion no one wants to have but is more interesting:

In reality, it's pretty clear that Roosevelt wanted to avoid a war with the Japanese. That's the repeated stated goal in the foreign policy towards Japan starting in 1937: the deter Japan in China without a war.

The policy failed, badly, and at the same time he didn't prepare for war. Why doesn't Roosevelt get more shit for this?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.