[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who really invented the burger? As an American this question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: burger.jpg (49KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
burger.jpg
49KB, 480x480px
Who really invented the burger? As an American this question has haunted me my entire life.
>>
It's an american take on a german dish created in New York (check?) by a german cook. He made patties out of ground beef and put them between sliced bread with mustard.
>>
>something as simple as the burger needed to be invented

American education everyone
>>
>>2223840
This.

> no one has ever minced beef and then fried it ever before in history

Laughable.
>>
>>2223840
>>2223846

If it's that easy why don't you have a billion dollars from your successful burger chain?
>>
>>2223863
no starting capital :^)
>>
>>2223868

That's why business loans are a thing.
>>
>>2223820
It was invented in Germany OP in a place called Hamburger.
>>
>>2223920
Hamburg you retard, stop trying to play the smart guy when it's clearly above your mental capabilities.
>>
>>2223920
The Hamburg steak was invented in Hamburg. Hamburgers were invented in America (according to the earliest verifiable accounts of hamburgers).
>>
>>2223820
Probably the Germans.
>>
>>2223868
>what is a loan
No wonder you don't have a successful business chain
>>
>>2223959
>Hamburg you retard,
The original name is hamburger
>>
>>2224143
I can see the reasoning behind the Hamburg steak being invented, but can you really call a sandwich with hamburger meat on it an invention?
>>
>>2223846
>Standard burger.
>Fried.

U fokken wot m8?
>>
>>2223820
How does anyone eat that much ground beef in one sitting? It's completely absurd. One of those patties is enough. That's right. ONE.

Please tell me that order is designed to be broken up among a group?
>>
>>2223911
>>2224180
>banks just throw loans out to people who ask for them

is this board really full of teenagers or what
>>
>>2224190
The style is the invention, the earl of sandwich invented the sandwich
>>
>>2224190
Well it's as much of an invention as sausages, hot dogs, chicken tendies, sushi, or whatever cultural food artifact humans have made.
>>
>>2223920
The problem I've always thought with it being named after Hamburg is the ham part,
don't know how it is in murica but here we call them hamburgers when made out of pork, and beefburgers when made out of beef.
Could be a coincidence.
I've always thought the burger was just another take on the frikadeller anyway.
>>
File: 1459915905594.jpg (200KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1459915905594.jpg
200KB, 400x534px
>>2224228
>>2224224
I suppose you're right.
>>
>>2224231
It's not quite a coincidence. Ham means thigh in Old High German and -burg means fortress.
>>
>>2223846
A burger is grilled ya dingus.
>>
>>2224222
Make a plan and an analysis. Convince the bank that you'll be able to pay them back.
There you go.
>>
>>2224245
A thigh-fortress sounds like a chaste maiden
>>
>>2224289
It kind of does yeah. I'm thinking the reason it got the transferred meaning is because the meat used in hamburgers might've been from the thighs of the pig.
>>
File: 7522-fleischpflanzerl.jpg (81KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7522-fleischpflanzerl.jpg
81KB, 600x600px
>>2223820
I guess it's a variation of Fleischküchle/Fleischpflanzerl/Frikadellen/... (the word that somebody uses for it is a good indicator of the region somebody is from) and it is common all over Germany and probably whole middle Europe.
I love Fleischküchle, but a good burger is better desu.
>>
>>2224318
As for the word "Hamburger".
Most Germans who went to the USA shipped out from Hamburg, maybe somebody named it after that harbour, idk
>>
>>2224317
>>2224318
It was named after the Hamburg steak which is the English name for >>2224318 this shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_steak
>>
File: roman fastfood.jpg (497KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
roman fastfood.jpg
497KB, 1024x683px
The Romans had ground meat sandwiches in buns thousands of years ago in fast food stalls. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_hamburger
>>
File: download (2).jpg (12KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
12KB, 282x179px
>>2224219

>Implying freedom is free

American exceptionalism is all about going beyond your limitations.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.