[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Debate time Topic: The death penalty I do not think the death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: dylan roof.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
dylan roof.png
1MB, 1366x768px
Debate time

Topic: The death penalty

I do not think the death penalty should be used as punishment in any crime, as it may sentence innocent people (no justice system is perfect, after all), regardless of how sure we can be of others sentenced (pic related, this guy's conviction is the definition of "beyond a shadow of a doubt").

I don't oppose the death penalty out of moral reasons. I don't think killing is wrong here. The reason I don't want innocent people (innocent under any specified legal system), living in a system where they may wind up on death row, by committing a crime sometime in the future or by being falsely convicted, is because I happen to be one of these innocent people, and I don't want the state to openly have the power to kill me.
>>
Tee bee aytch it's only moderately worse than life.

And the people you see on death row are always there for like raping and murdering a six year old. Some people just deserve it.
>>
Theres worse criminals than that kid
>kill black people
>death sentence
The government shouldnt have that power imo, no one should be legally able to kill beside james bond
>>
>>2223686
>I do not think the death penalty should be used as punishment in any crime, as it may sentence innocent people (no justice system is perfect, after all)
I agree. Also the death penalty as currently practiced in the US is more expensive than life imprisonment. If we are to have a death penalty the appeals process would have to be simplified and death sentences would have to be more quickly followed through with, which increases the risk of the first problem.
>>
File: 1466795508946.gif (2MB, 355x360px) Image search: [Google]
1466795508946.gif
2MB, 355x360px
>>2223686
>I don't want the state to openly have the power to kill me.

Why? Because teenaged libertarians and anarchists on the internet told you it's wrong?

Grow up.
>>
>>2223686
>and I don't want the state to openly have the power to kill me.

But they can regulate every other aspect of your life and fuck you over to the point that 'innocent' people such as yourself may at some point in the future commit suicide?

The only reason you are against the death penalty in this instance is because of how dramatic and easily identifiable the situation can become in relation to yourself.
>>
>>2223703
explain your viewpoint, memelord
>>
>>2223686

Your logic is retarded. All you need is a standard for "beyond a shadow of a doubt", and only apply death penalty when that standard is met.
>>
>>2223703
No, because I don't want to die.
>>
>>2223704
>But they can regulate every other aspect of your life and fuck you over to the point that 'innocent' people such as yourself may at some point in the future commit suicide?
Why do you assume I support this?
>>
>>2223713
>beyond a shadow of a doubt",
What exactly is this shadow?
>>
>>2223686
Who is this guy State everyone is always talking about? Has anyone seen him? It's like he's everywhere and no where at once.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.